Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inappropriate Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 46>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2013 at 12:30
Originally posted by Dean Dean wrote:

The thinking man's crumpet (historically) is Dame Joan Bakewell.

hahaha!! Got it thanks Dean! Lol Argonaut, I get it, beauty and brains Approve Yep she was stunning, smart and naughty ha what a great combination Big smile  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2127010/Dame-Joan-Bakewell-Affairs-far-tougher-todays-technology.html

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 16:27
If you look at my profile in terms of ratings you'll see although I fav my favorites, I am still trigger happy when I like other bands. Also I will not rate bands who i don't listen or enjoy their music genre. I hate ratings manipulation and I do not do this I promise.
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 16:42
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

If you look at my profile in terms of ratings you'll see although I fav my favorites, I am still trigger happy when I like other bands. Also I will not rate bands who i don't listen or enjoy their music genre. I hate ratings manipulation and I do not do this I promise.

Many would argue being 'trigger happy' is a form of ratings manipulation. 
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 17:28
Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

Andy obviously anyone in their right sense of mind would understand that I tend to see the positive side of things no strings attached, no idea how you can relate that to ratings manipulation? Care to explain please?

Also one does not need to hypothesize while looking at my scores that I certainly don't do rating manipulation unless I am the dumbest person that ever existed!!!! Do not patronize please.

I do wish for an explanation how one would come to that conclusion considering everything I said.

Edited by Kati - February 25 2013 at 17:41
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 17:47

Andy obviously anyone in their right sense of mind would understand that I tend to see the positive side of things no strings attached, no idea how you can relate that to ratings manipulation? Care to explain please?

Also one does not need to hypothesize while looking at my scores that I certainly don't do rating manipulation unless I am the dumbest person that ever existed!!!! Do not patronize please.

I do wish for an explanation how one would come to that conclusion considering everything I said.
BTW I do expect a reply from you.

Edited by Kati - February 25 2013 at 17:47
Dayvenkirq View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 17:52
^ Andy can reply whenever he wishes to.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 17:54
Originally posted by Dayvenkirq Dayvenkirq wrote:

^ Andy can reply whenever he wishes to.
Dayvenkirq and your point is? I feel offended and why do you feel like coming to Andy's defense?
If I am not welcome here on ProgArchives I will leave just as quick as I came. However I will not accept anyone doubting my motives or integrity no matter who you are!!!!!  

Edited by Kati - February 25 2013 at 17:59
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 17:58
^ My point is that typically a human being doesn't like being bossed around (and I'm saying this without any hint of offense whatsoever).
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 18:00

^ My point is that typically a human being doesn't like being bossed around (and I'm saying this without any hint of offense whatsoever).

Your reply made no sense whatsoever.

The last thing I want is any negativity, I prefer to focus on other things!

Edited by Kati - February 25 2013 at 18:02
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dayvenkirq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 18:06
^ You said that you expected a reply. You gave off that vibe of being bossy, that is all. Am I making sense now?

PS: Andy's response didn't really make sense to me either. He said that "many people could argue that 'trigger-happy' is a ratings' manipulation". My guess would be that those people don't know about the true motivations of the person who rated the albums ... unless the people involved in the discussion have different understanding of what "trigger-happy" is.

Edited by Dayvenkirq - February 25 2013 at 18:10
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 18:15

^ You said that you expected a reply. You gave off that vibe of being bossy, that is all. Am I making sense now?

PS: Andy's response didn't really make sense to me either. He said that "many people could argue that 'trigger-happy' is a ratings' manipulation". My guess would be that those people don't know about the true motivations of the person who rated the albums.

Dayenkirq, if my words are misunderstood I want to clear them asap, this is not bossy it's being honest in my opinion. I mean no harm to anyone and cry very easily also don't like being accused of something I have not done. I do not need to back down nor will I for anyone if they are in the wrong. If I am accused of something which I did no wrong I want to confront it and get to the bottom of it to defend myself and solve any misunderstandings.  
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 18:16

I'm not saying that you are a ratings manipulator, I'm just saying that you should be careful when calling out ratings manipulation when some might argue your own 'style' of rating could be manipulation. I am well aware you rate in good conscience without any intent to do 'damage' to ratings. You're more than welcome on the site and I hope my comment isn't alienating you, just be mindful of what you say.

And I may be an admin, but I can't spend every second on my life on this website. Please have patience when waiting for replies.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 18:24

[QUOTE=Kati] If you look at my profile in terms of ratings you'll see although I fav my favorites, I am still trigger happy when I like other bands. Also I will not rate bands who i don't listen or enjoy their music genre. I hate ratings manipulation and I do not do this I promise.

I'm not saying that you are a ratings manipulator, I'm just saying that you should be careful when calling out ratings manipulation when some might argue your own 'style' of rating could be manipulation. I am well aware you rate in good conscience without any intent to do 'damage' to ratings. You're more than welcome on the site and I hope my comment isn't alienating you, just be mindful of what you say.

And I may be an admin, but I can't spend every second on my life on this website. Please have patience when waiting for replies.

Awwww Andy thank you so much for your reply. I was worried and in disbelief a misunderstanding. I meant trigger happy with giving high scores to bands who are really good in terms of my personal taste those bands got same ratings as my favorite. Thank you again, I really appreciate your reply hugs xxxx
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 18:30

[QUOTE=Kati] If you look at my profile in terms of ratings you'll see although I fav my favorites, I am still trigger happy when I like other bands. Also I will not rate bands who i don't listen or enjoy their music genre. I hate ratings manipulation and I do not do this I promise.

Awwww Andy thank you so much for your reply. I was worried and in disbelief a misunderstanding. I meant trigger happy with giving high scores to bands who are really good in terms of my personal taste those bands got same ratings as my favorite. Thank you again, I really appreciate your reply hugs xxxx

I could have not scored those bands, yet I found them so good, (too much) that I did score them no matter what Approve dang prog is not dead so much too much exciting and fab going on neh Big smile
Another new fav of mine is The Tea Club :) wow!!!! wowa!!!!Approve

Edited by Kati - February 25 2013 at 18:33
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2013 at 18:41
Originally posted by Marty McFly Marty McFly wrote:

Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

The issues about "locking unreleased albums" are that we cannot forget to unlock Embarrassed it and also that the release date vary from one country to another: sometimes a band choose a country (not always USA or UK) and make a test there to feel the pulse, things like that.

I don't see  any ratings also, but two hours ago, they were there. About 4.56 average (maybe) and 8 ratings. Maybe 4.5, but now, nothing.

Which is good of course.

what about some tiny application in admin panel which would serve as time lock (IE-would open album at day of its first release date, so DE-21,US-24,UK-27 = unlock on 21), but that's just suggestion, nothing more. If you'll find it impossible to do (after all, you woud do all the job, I'm just advisor, just words, no deeds), I'm happx with current state.

I must admit that I wasn't counting with that unlock thing, my bad. But these dates should be included on album's page.

Marty your cat looks so much almost identical the same the cat of as a friend I met on fb, he (Kevon Fletcher) is very nice Approve and his cat is so expressive too quite a character Big smile hug Hug to you are your fur buddy Smile

I will only rate bands who's music genre I like to listen. Prog moozik is vast and although I happen to admire and really love it, I certainly don't appreciate all prog and those who i don't like to listen I will not rate. Irather compare the ones I like.
Dang sorry even I am fedup seeing my face here and wrote too much on here too, my sincere apologies. I annoy even myself Unhappy

Edited by Kati - March 01 2013 at 15:12
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2013 at 19:28
Oh crap, now I feel bad. I just read with a clear mind what I wrote above and Andy please accept my sincere apologies. Dayvenkirq said I sounded bossy, but I think I was worse than that actually, I was plain rude. I really apologise for coming out so strong and too obnoxious harsh, I tend to end up often in situations which I have to explain myself while being cornered by people testing me and unfortunately (although no excuse for what I said) I tend at times to be very defensive of my actions. Again my sincere apologies, I really feel bad. Unhappy This was underserving and rude of me really.
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2013 at 19:03
Man,this guy really doesn't like ELP

Cool

Edited by Roland113 - March 01 2013 at 19:03
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2013 at 19:05
Originally posted by Roland113 Roland113 wrote:

Cool

Maybe it changed but I see no ELP on any of his ratings? Hello Roland SmileHug
Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roland113 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2013 at 19:32

Cool

Hello dear, *hugs*  The ELP ratings are there, probably about two thirds down the page.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2013 at 19:36

Cool

Hello dear, *hugs*  The ELP ratings are there, probably about two thirds down the page.

Yep lol took me a while but saw that Stern SmileLOL thank you Hug
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 46>