Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inappropriate Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 46>
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onedropper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2014 at 19:40
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Cheers, Dave, sorry it had to come to that.

One of the bands on the receiving end of his `wrath' contacted me and was a little confused and upset about it.

My band received a rating from him, which is how I discovered his one star ratings bonanza. Stuff like this doesn't anger me any longer. It's just childish.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2014 at 19:51
I'm glad to hear that - especially seeing as those ratings-only from non collaborators mean so little to the overall ranking.
....and you're quite right about it being childish. These people are going for the gold on PA by trashing every other band around them. That's pretty much pre school right there
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
siLLy puPPy View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
PSIKE, JRF/Canterbury, P Metal, Eclectic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siLLy puPPy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2014 at 21:08
Hey guys. I was contacted by the guys from Daal to review their new album but they sent me this because it looks like a blanket one star rating on two different accounts. I don't know what to think about this. Not my department. Since it looks like rating abuse of some sort i feel i must at least report it.

This is the message
http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=53832 ------------------------------------- http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=53391 ------------------------------------- sorry to bother you Silly (for frivolous matters) but this seems absurd! it seems that - phoenix Again want to throw sh*t at all.We received these two votes in 1 hour or less - but it seems to me the same person!

I've been reading that this is a problem. Not sure if this person has been dealt with in the appropriate manner but have at it! Put your admin powers to work Embarrassed
floflo79 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floflo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2015 at 00:08
Someone deleted the ratings of the new Beardfish because they say that it's not released yet. But in Europe, it was released the 12th January, so we listened to the album so we can rate it.
Smurph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2015 at 13:17
Because I was randomly checking stats on my new album...

PSEUDO/SENTAI Bansheeface ratings only

chronological order | showing rating only

This is impossible because I did not give this album to either of these individuals. The album is currently unreleased, and I have only been sharing it with close friends and people that are reviewing it. Checking DannyB shows that he has just been giving a hundred hundred albums 5 stars.
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2015 at 13:39
This reminded me I still have to review that. LOL

I'll tank those two ratings.
floflo79 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote floflo79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2015 at 13:49
There's a 5 stars rating on the new Bjork album
Smurph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2015 at 22:36
http://www.progarchives.com/album-reviews.asp?id=47333 

The 2 different 2 star ratings are from people I did not give this unreleased album to. The 4 star rating I did give the album to him. Just to let you know. :) I'm guessing people see a review and hear one bandcamp song and go "lame" haha.
Pastmaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pastmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2015 at 22:52
Originally posted by floflo79 floflo79 wrote:

There's a 5 stars rating on the new Bjork album

That seems fine, it's been released digitally. It just hasn't been released on CD yet. Tongue
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2015 at 23:25
Originally posted by Smurph Smurph wrote:

The 2 different 2 star ratings are from people I did not give this unreleased album to. The 4 star rating I did give the album to him. Just to let you know. :) I'm guessing people see a review and hear one bandcamp song and go "lame" haha.

I killed the two 2-star ratings. I usually only like for albums that haven't been released yet to have reviews, not ratings only, though. Do you know if Pieromcdo will be posting a review soon?
Smurph View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smurph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 14:08
Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

I killed the two 2-star ratings. I usually only like for albums that haven't been released yet to have reviews, not ratings only, though. Do you know if Pieromcdo will be posting a review soon?

I don't think so. Do whatever makes sense to you though. :)
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 14:08

Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

I don't think so. Do whatever makes sense to you though. :)

Eh, if you gave him the album to listen to I'm not too worried.
timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 14:46
http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=35622&listreviews=rate&showall=true#reviews

1000 masterpieces, but does not really care for Pavlov's dog....... I bet it is the vocals.
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2015 at 15:04
Yeesh, if that's not blatant I don't know what is.... I've squished them.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2015 at 17:12
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy Webb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2015 at 21:56
^Taken care of. Smile
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2015 at 03:11
Thanks Andy. Smile
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2015 at 08:56
Originally posted by timothy leary timothy leary wrote:

http://www.progarchives.com/Collaborators.asp?id=35622&listreviews=rate&showall=true#reviews

1000 masterpieces, but does not really care for Pavlov's dog....... I bet it is the vocals.

I read his ratings, some are amazingly odd, seems that he rates the name of the band

For example

He rates Tchokola by Jean-Luc Ponty (Along with all Ponty albums) with 5 stars.

I am a fan of Ponty, as a fact I proposed him to PA and made the bio, but even Ponty admits that Tchokola was a mistake

This guy took the name of his favorite bands and checked 5 stars on each album

Iván

timothy leary View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote timothy leary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2015 at 12:30
^ If you will notice he has taken a band from each letter of the alphabet and rated the albums 5 stars. He did miss the letter T. He is playing. Who will take his toy away from him?
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2015 at 12:03
These ratings should be nuked

Edited by aapatsos - February 14 2015 at 12:09
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2526272829 46>