Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Report abuse here
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inappropriate Ratings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 46>
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Runaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inappropriate Ratings
    Posted: September 02 2009 at 09:17

Ever since The Incident by Porcupine Tree was leaked there have been 7 ratings already. I don't think it's good that this site has people who opinionate on leaks which were not in the good intentions of the artists, in this case PT. I don't know if you should remove them or just warn the raters, but I just thought something had to be done.

Trendsetter win!

The search for nonexistent perfection.
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Easy Livin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 09:26
Dealt with. Prior to the release date, all ratings without reviews and reviews based on leaks will be removed. Cheers
The Runaway View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Runaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 09:51
No problem. I suggest checking 2032 and The Whirlwind for other possible ratings.
Trendsetter win!

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Runaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 10:37
New one for The Incident, and not only is it not a rating, but a review, it is also stolen from another user, and not only that, from another SITE!
Trendsetter win!

A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Person Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 11:11
Originally posted by Blowin Free Blowin Free wrote:

New one for The Incident, and not only is it not a rating, but a review, it is also stolen from another user, and not only that, from another SITE!

And the rating itself is inappropriate, he said  "I may require more listens, but so far... is not even close to other good albums." but still rated it 4 stars. There are now two ratings on The Incident, btw
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Runaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 12:05
There should be an announcement on the front page during times like these of anticipated prog albums that are about to be released.
Trendsetter win!

Marty McFly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty McFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 02:13

The most visited album (as seen on homepage) is exactly this album. I wonder what are people seeing there. No reviews, no ratings ... Oh crap, there are ratings. And quite high ones.

So either lock unreleased albums, or constantly delete rats/revs. Or leave them rate/review it, there's no other choice :-)

8 ratings, for god's sake

There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 03:26
I see no review or rating there by now... but well, the day is still beginning. Confused

Anyway, thanks for the report and follow-up! Thumbs Up
Guigo

~~~~~~
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atkingani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 03:30
Originally posted by MartyMcFly89 MartyMcFly89 wrote:

The most visited album (as seen on homepage) is exactly this album. I wonder what are people seeing there. No reviews, no ratings ... Oh crap, there are ratings. And quite high ones.

So either lock unreleased albums, or constantly delete rats/revs. Or leave them rate/review it, there's no other choice :-)

8 ratings, for god's sake

The issues about "locking unreleased albums" are that we cannot forget to unlock Embarrassed it and also that the release date vary from one country to another: sometimes a band choose a country (not always USA or UK) and make a test there to feel the pulse, things like that.
Guigo

~~~~~~
valravennz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valravennz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 03:34
Have just posted here:
Please do something about these ratings!!  Thanks in anticipation.
Penny

EmbarrassedEdit. Apologies - I may have jumped the gun on this particular release. However, it would still be great if some of these ratings could be better monitored and dealt with accordingly. Smile

Edited by valravennz - September 03 2009 at 03:59

"Music is the Wine that fills the cup of Silence"
- Robert Fripp

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty McFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 05:28

Originally posted by Atkingani Atkingani wrote:

The issues about "locking unreleased albums" are that we cannot forget to unlock Embarrassed it and also that the release date vary from one country to another: sometimes a band choose a country (not always USA or UK) and make a test there to feel the pulse, things like that.

I don't see  any ratings also, but two hours ago, they were there. About 4.56 average (maybe) and 8 ratings. Maybe 4.5, but now, nothing.

Which is good of course.

what about some tiny application in admin panel which would serve as time lock (IE-would open album at day of its first release date, so DE-21,US-24,UK-27 = unlock on 21), but that's just suggestion, nothing more. If you'll find it impossible to do (after all, you woud do all the job, I'm just advisor, just words, no deeds), I'm happx with current state.

I must admit that I wasn't counting with that unlock thing, my bad. But these dates should be included on album's page.

There's a point where "avant-garde" and "experimental" becomes "terrible" and "pointless,"

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Runaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 07:58
Thanks for taking care of this. Off-topic, what do you guys think of the new Gong album?
Trendsetter win!

progkidjoel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progkidjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 02:27
^^Haven't got it - Apologies

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=23718

- Its back up to 5
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Runaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 04:05
aaaaand 6.
Trendsetter win!

progkidjoel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progkidjoel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 05:14
^^F**king hell, 7 now?!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty McFly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 05:47

-Andyman1125 on Lulu

Even my
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Runaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 09:14
I can't believe this...
Trendsetter win!

EatThatPhonebook View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EatThatPhonebook Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 12:15
I was able to get a copy of "The Incident" ten days before it's official release. I won't tell you how.

It is possible that these people did the same thing I did.

Edited by EatThatPhonebook - May 20 2010 at 12:18
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Melgar_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2010 at 13:28
Originally posted by EatThatPhonebook EatThatPhonebook wrote:

I was able to get a copy of "The Incident" ten days before it's official release. I won't tell you how.

It is possible that these people did the same thing I did.

If it's illegal, please omit posting it, because Prog Archives doesnt support or admit illegal downloading.

Please if you like Prog Archives and want to keep it open, avoid comments that could place us in risk.

Iván

Edited by Ivan_Melgar_M - May 21 2010 at 17:06

Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Logan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2010 at 13:34
Ivan is right. 

Just an inconsequential note: aside from promo copies, sometimes bands and/or PR people deliberately leak the music to create a buzz/ advance interest.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 46>