Topic ClosedFrost* update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Frost* update
    Posted: September 03 2009 at 11:37
(source: Frost* MySpace)

Well, here we go. Summer's done and off we go once again into the land of cold, dark, ice and frost. So it's not all bad then! Ark ark...

We're currently getting started on finishing the mixes to The Philadelphia Experiment which we hope to have ready for sale by Christmas. The CD will feature as much of the gig as we can fit into 80 minutes. The accompanying DVD will feature the full 105 minute show in WAV format so you can load it onto your i-device and enjoy the whole thing as it happened. There will also be a 42 minute documentary on the DVD that charted the course of our prep for the gig and some other wee treats. So lots of fun to be had if you pick up a copy, which if you did, it would be very lovely of you. Ta. 

As of this time, we've also parted company with InsideOut. Our deal was for 2 albums and after a lot of very amicable chats we both decided that our paths lay in different directions going forwards. So as of this moment, Frost is an independent entity although we are looking into some distributions options for the live album. More news on that in due course.

Elsewhere, myself, John Mitchell, Andy Edwards and/or Nathan King are playing a small number of shows in November under the moniker of "An Esoteric Evening With Two J's And An A". We'll be trawling our back catalogues and playing a bunch of stuff that needs to be heard frankly. We're looking to head over to Cardiff and up to Birmingham to play, but the first show we can announce is at The Peel on Nov 7th 2009. Check out http://peelmuzik.webeden.co.uk for more details.

Then in 2010, I'm planning on doing a few solo gigs most likely in the form of support slots for other bands. I've got a lot of mad stuff planned for that and may well have some new faces for you to meet as well...

But what about Frost 3 I hear you saying. Well, not being signed anymore means a lot more than maybe it first appears to the casual thoughtster. The world really is our oyster now and the sky is literally the limit. First off though, I have to move house. I'm leaving East Sussex and heading to Bath, a place I've always loved. Once there, I need to set up a new studio which could take some time and indeed, the whole moving process could take anything up to a year to happen, maybe more. So there's much to be done twixt now and then.

After that though...

http://www.last.fm/user/colt2112

Colt - Admin Team MMA

Abyssal Sheep View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 11:47
I see... I hope the moving and everything goes well! I'm looking forward to your next album but I'll wait patiently ; )
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 03 2009 at 15:10
Originally posted by progmetalhead progmetalhead wrote:

(source: Frost* MySpace)

Well, here we go. Summer's done and off we go once again into the land of cold, dark, ice and frost. So it's not all bad then! Ark ark...

We're currently getting started on finishing the mixes to The Philadelphia Experiment which we hope to have ready for sale by Christmas. The CD will feature as much of the gig as we can fit into 80 minutes. The accompanying DVD will feature the full 105 minute show in WAV format so you can load it onto your i-device and enjoy the whole thing as it happened. There will also be a 42 minute documentary on the DVD that charted the course of our prep for the gig and some other wee treats. So lots of fun to be had if you pick up a copy, which if you did, it would be very lovely of you. Ta. 

As of this time, we've also parted company with InsideOut. Our deal was for 2 albums and after a lot of very amicable chats we both decided that our paths lay in different directions going forwards. So as of this moment, Frost is an independent entity although we are looking into some distributions options for the live album. More news on that in due course.

Elsewhere, myself, John Mitchell, Andy Edwards and/or Nathan King are playing a small number of shows in November under the moniker of "An Esoteric Evening With Two J's And An A". We'll be trawling our back catalogues and playing a bunch of stuff that needs to be heard frankly. We're looking to head over to Cardiff and up to Birmingham to play, but the first show we can announce is at The Peel on Nov 7th 2009. Check out http://peelmuzik.webeden.co.uk for more details.

Then in 2010, I'm planning on doing a few solo gigs most likely in the form of support slots for other bands. I've got a lot of mad stuff planned for that and may well have some new faces for you to meet as well...

But what about Frost 3 I hear you saying. Well, not being signed anymore means a lot more than maybe it first appears to the casual thoughtster. The world really is our oyster now and the sky is literally the limit. First off though, I have to move house. I'm leaving East Sussex and heading to Bath, a place I've always loved. Once there, I need to set up a new studio which could take some time and indeed, the whole moving process could take anything up to a year to happen, maybe more. So there's much to be done twixt now and then.

After that though...

I LOVE your avatar! Smile
Jozef View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 11:28
I look forward to hearing the finished live album. I was at that show and loved it. The DVD sounds great too. 

Badabing666 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2009 at 15:14
Fingers crossed that the wait will not be too long before the next studio album is recorded.
Westsiyeed View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2010 at 17:17
*bump* Update

Frost* will be planning to release a new album ("Frost 3") in 2011 - looking forward to that!

Also, their new song from The Philadelphia Experiment, The Dividing Line, is available in full (16+ minutes) on their Myspace page. It really is a great track.
 Post Reply Post Reply