Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnalogies of Visual Arts and Progressive Rock

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Analogies of Visual Arts and Progressive Rock
    Posted: September 10 2009 at 16:28
If any one is interested we received a request for our thoughts regarding this subject for a doctoral thesis.  Please see below:

Hi, my name is Javier Fernández. I'm a fine arts student from Bilbao(Spain) nowadays I'm starting my thesis which is titled "Analogies between visual arts and progressive rock"
It will deal with all the visual elements progressive rock and artists have  developed and worked with. Works like Storm Thorgerson or Travis Smith have created...
I'm very interested in know who are those you consider the most important/influential artists since the beginning(from psychedelic times 'till now)
I'll appreciate any information you can send me(internet links, or a couple of names...) because in 3 weeks I have to explain all my intentions to various teachers, I asked for a grant... I wish I can get it!!!
Periodically I can send you information, graphics and everything you want about my thesis.
By the way, I'm bass player in one band, Quaoar, my mates there encouraged me to develop this madness... (you can hear us here: www.myspace.com/quaoar  hope you like our music ^^)
Thanks for everything, and excuse my english, is awful!! I'll try to improve it :p
npjnpj View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2009 at 08:28
From the beginning until now? This subject is HUGE! I'd worry about narrowing it down a bit, both from the timeline and from the categories of visual arts to be included.
Normally I'd be interested, but the way it's described, this is just too big for me
 Post Reply Post Reply