Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Ex Sieges Even band members new album Subsignal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEx Sieges Even band members new album Subsignal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2009 at 13:39
Originally posted by avalanchemaster avalanchemaster wrote:

Originally posted by E-Dub E-Dub wrote:

Dude, I'm not arguing. I added the little emoticons at the end just like you did.

If you're going to dish it out, please be prepared to take it. I'm not mad in the least.

I wasn't arguing either.  I was merely pointing out how futile it is to go back and forth about opinions.... that is arguing in a sense.  don't argue with my argument....  Smile

Jeez, that whole interaction went right over your head....  I think you might be reacting a little too sensitively. 

Well, it doesn't take a genius to know if you're going to say somebody has "shi*tty taste in music", you're going to get some sort of reaction.

Remember, you started all of this. Not I.

E
avalanchemaster View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2009 at 14:52

Dude, I'm not arguing. I added the little emoticons at the end just like you did.

If you're going to dish it out, please be prepared to take it. I'm not mad in the least.

I wasn't arguing either.  I was merely pointing out how futile it is to go back and forth about opinions.... that is arguing in a sense.  don't argue with my argument....  Smile

Jeez, that whole interaction went right over your head....  I think you might be reacting a little too sensitively. 

Well, it doesn't take a genius to know if you're going to say somebody has "shi*tty taste in music", you're going to get some sort of reaction.

Remember, you started all of this. Not I.

E

Well I guess I feel a need to clear something up:

A)  the WHOLE THING started as a joke.
B) sadly, you took it seriously.
C) I used emoticons throughout that fairly OBVIOUSLY showed my intent to merely jab and jest from the getgo...

D) you are taking this way too seriously.
E) None of this is a personal attack.
F) except for this one:  your sense of humor is rather dimwitted.  WinkLOLLOLLOLBig smileTongueTongueTongueEmbarrassed  (do those emoticons clue you in yet?)
G) when I say "you have sh*tty taste in music, it merely means that we do not agree.  No insult intended.... it's a sort of sarcasm you see.  Do you really think I would seriously tell someone they have sh*tty taste in music?  Everyone has a right to have their own taste.  It's different from mine.  That does not mean it is sh*tty.  Just different.  We should be able to respect differences.  No man's opinion is a fact.... and no man's opinion is better than another man's.

Get it yet?  Big smile

You are a "special collaborator" indeed.  shortbus special...  Wink

And once again, the internet fails to bring people closer together.  Thank you forums, you have shown me time and again that anonymity + internet = idiocy.   People only follow their own special egomaniacal interests.....  Thumbs Down

Edited by avalanchemaster - October 17 2009 at 14:56
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2009 at 15:00
Originally posted by Roland113 Roland113 wrote:

When you start a post with . . .

the irony is that you have sh*tty taste in music...  WinkLOL

you invite the ire of not only the original poster but the rest of us as well.  Frankly, making disparaging remarks about someone else's opinion then falling back to 'well it's stupid to argue about opinions, stop arguing about my argument' is really immature in the first place.

Seriously Avalanche, if you feel like taking a more mature route than you've gone so far, I'd consider either apologizing for the lack of tolerance that you have towards other people's opinions or at the least let it drop.

EPIC FACEPALM!
you DON"T get it either.....
When I said he had sh*tty taste in music... I followed it up with emoticons, hence a sarcastic and jocular comment.

also, the statement "quit arguing with my argument" was meant as irony.  But I guess you didn't catch that either.  man message boards f**king suck.  you guys are a bunch of sensitive post-menopausal nannies who can't get a joke, WHEN THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL and the emoticons CLEARLY show the intent behind the statements. 
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2009 at 16:49
You're a hypocrite. That's all that needs to be said. You're a hypocrite.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2009 at 17:19
Avalanchemaster, you may be a master of avalanches, but not of communications. Some things cannot be corrected with emoticons, and I think two people have been trying to explain that to you in this thread. Time to let it rest, and sit down in your skihut to think it over.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2009 at 17:29

Originally posted by Roland113 Roland113 wrote:

When you start a post with . . .

the irony is that you have sh*tty taste in music...  WinkLOL

you invite the ire of not only the original poster but the rest of us as well.  Frankly, making disparaging remarks about someone else's opinion then falling back to 'well it's stupid to argue about opinions, stop arguing about my argument' is really immature in the first place.

Seriously Avalanche, if you feel like taking a more mature route than you've gone so far, I'd consider either apologizing for the lack of tolerance that you have towards other people's opinions or at the least let it drop.

EPIC FACEPALM!
you DON"T get it either.....
When I said he had sh*tty taste in music... I followed it up with emoticons, hence a sarcastic and jocular comment.

also, the statement "quit arguing with my argument" was meant as irony.  But I guess you didn't catch that either.  man message boards f**king suck.  you guys are a bunch of sensitive post-menopausal nannies who can't get a joke, WHEN THE WRITING IS ON THE WALL and the emoticons CLEARLY show the intent behind the statements. 

WARNING ISSUED

Where do you get off talking to members like that?

If messageboards "suck" so much, why dont you go do something else? Dont pollute this one with your arrogant ignorance.

jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 13:38
What a shame. I was excited to find a thread about this band and wanted to read more about them. Too bad that instead of hearing commentary about the band and its music, I had to read two pages of rantings of a rude idiot, or to give the benefit of the doubt, a sociopath who is still adjusting to his SSRI medications.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 16:39
That was probably just as unnecessary as the two pages you're complaining about....  and nobody said you were supposed to read all of it. 

Anyway, could someone tell us what Subsignal is about, and what it can be compared to?
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 17:02
Grrrr
Rivertree View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Band Submissions

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 18:04
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

Anyway, could someone tell us what Subsignal is about, and what it can be compared to?

Big smile  I would say they are comparable to Sieges Even ...

.. seriously though - Subsignal was recently added to Neo Prog ... which points to some differences though

Roland113 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 18:48
I'm intrigued myself, I'm a big fan of Neo in general and love the last two albums by Siege's Even.  From what I've heard on here, I'm going to have to pick this one up myself.  When I hear E-Dub refer to this as one of his discs of the year, I've got to give it some consideration.  I think this was talked about in a different discussion but as time develops you get an idea of people that have similar tastes to you.  Eric is one of those with similar tastes who's recommendations instantly have a certain amount of credence with me.
-------someone please tell him to delete this line, he looks like a noob-------

I don't have an unnatural obsession with Disney Princesses, I have a fourteen year old daughter and coping mechanisms.
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 21:20
Originally posted by Angelo Angelo wrote:

That was probably just as unnecessary as the two pages you're complaining about....  and nobody said you were supposed to read all of it. ....

And your post is different from mine how? LOL

Look, this forum is losing a good member because of this avalanche dude. I'm frankly a little tired of seeing rude, disrespectful members bully respectful members out of wanting to participate here. That this should be mentioned at the scene of the crime is appopriate, I personally feel that other members should take heart and know that this kind of disrespect isn't tolerated.

I apologize to the admins and to Subsignal for taking the thread off-topic again, but since the debate was continued outside of this thread, it has gotten even worse, and this member is now abusing Edub via PM. He's a friend and I don't mind going to bat for him.

So, if I'm to be banned or warned for my comment, just accompany the news with an emoticon to soften the blow. Wink
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 21:51
Oh well, this discussion showcase pretty well why I'm rarely active in the regular forums of this site (or of any other site for that matter). Too many a****les trying to feed their ego by cutting others down. In this case exemplified to perfection by a certain avalanchemaster.

Edited by Windhawk - October 19 2009 at 21:51
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
E-Dub View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 23:16
As I leave, I would like for you guys to know that Avalanche has been fighting valiantly on his behalf and trying to convince me that I have the problem and he's trying to help me (God love him). He also indicated that I had something to do with nobody taking his side, which leads me to believe that you guys can't think for yourselves.

Have I coached anyone here? No. I think there's a reason why he hasn't shown his face around here.

Peace out.
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 23:23
Hehe, just got a PM from the dude where he told me to kiss his ass.

Doesn't rate high up on my list of mature responses, that's for sure...
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 23:34
Hey, I got a fun PM form him, too, using terms such as crooked, myopic, and blind!

I dunno, maybe we should keep him around as a sort of social experiment/conversation piece...could be fun!
Queen By-Tor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 23:37
just remember that he argues on the internet because his real life is an empty shell
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2009 at 00:53
Well in spite of the fact that I have acted reprehensibly, and some people may have suffered due to it, and even been offended, or have not thought very highly of me..... I am publicly extending an apology for my arrogant and thoughtless behavior.  I turned into the thing that I hate most on message boards- the troll, the douche, the guy who is cruel and starts flames and becomes needlessly merciless in his pursuit of proving something to everyone.  I am sorry.  I know you guys don't know me, and my cred (while it is probably non-existent in this thread) is at zero most likely, but hopefully things can get back to the most important thing on this forum- which is the discussion of music.  That is why I come here, that is why you all come here... and hopefully we will not forget that common uniting factor.  I hate to think that we would be driven to act out against each other because we may not agree or may not respect one another mutually.  Sorry.  Carry on with the original discussion.  I have been schooled.  
jplanet View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2009 at 01:13
Kudos, man. A true troll or douche would have never bothered to come back around and make it right...
Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 20 2009 at 03:05
I'm going to close this thread for a while to let things cool down. If anyone wants to start a new thread to discuss the band in question only, feel free to do so.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12