Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedLeech (Switzerland)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leech (Switzerland)
    Posted: September 11 2009 at 03:38

Leech: The Stolen View (2007).
Superb instrumental music between post-rock and progressive rock.
http://www.myspace.com/leechofficial

BIO LEECH.

Leech was formed in 1995 by Marcel Meyer (Guitar, Piano), Urs Meyer (Guitar, Piano) and Serge Olar (Drums). Right from the start the band devoted itself to experimental instrumental music - rhythmic figures are developed and connected with floating melodies - this all fuses in an epic sound landscape where time becomes irrelevant.

Just one year after the formation of the band, the first Leech album "Instarmental" (1996) was released. This was only recorded on two sound tracks, live and upolished. More than fifty perfomances in Switzerland and Germany followed, receiving broad positive feedback. At the same time the band was working on their second album "Soundtrack to an Individual Emotion Picture Mindmovie" which was released in 1998. Numerous concerts in Switzerland and bordering countries followed the release of this second album.

In 2000 Leech presented their third album "Zerotonine Days" on which for the first time and exceptionally, there was also a track with vocals. In the following two years Leech was in an extensive phase of experimentation and there were multiple projects with guest musicians from various different musical directions. These projects were presented live but were never recorded. During this phase the band members moved in different musical directions and it was decided to put Leech as a band on hold.

In the summer of 2006 Leech was launched again. The band carried on where they had stopped five years before. This yielded to their latest album “The Stolen View” (autumn 2007). Numerous live performances followed the release of “The Stolen View” in Switzerland.

Leech has now joined the roster of Viva Hate Records, a fine Label based in Berlin. “The Stolen View will soon be released in Germany (and other European countries) through Viva Hate Records (German release in October 2008). In addition, Leech is working on a split release with the German instrumental band Long Distance Calling. The split record will contain two tracks from each band. Leech will put one brand new track on this split, plus one track taken from the latest album.

Current Lineup:
Marcel Meyer - Guitars, Piano
Urs Meyer - Guitars, Piano
Serge Olar - Drums
Tobias Schläfli - Synthesizer
Dave Hofmann - Bass, Guitar

Edited by PhideauxFan - March 06 2010 at 10:24
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 10:22
Is it a bad band to not be on PA?

UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 10:25
Yep and I suggested them to the Post Rock team not a few weeks ago. They are currently being evaluated.
PhideauxFan View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 10:31
Originally posted by UMUR UMUR wrote:

Yep and I suggested them to the Post Rock team not a few weeks ago. They are currently being evaluated.

Hi! Thank you for the information. Smile
angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 11:01
Leech are cleared for additon. You can add them to PA, and when you do that PM me , to move them to added section. 

Edited by angelmk - March 06 2010 at 11:05
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2010 at 11:40
OK I´ll do that. Am I allowed to use the bio above PhideauxFan? ( I´ll credit you for for helping with the addition). The only things I miss are the tracklist, song lengths and total time for the albums.

I´ve added Leech and added the The Stolen View album. I hope you´ll add the rest of the albums PhideauxFan?

Oh and BTW you shouldn´t add the split with Long Distance Calling as it is already featured on PA on the Long Distance Calling page.

Edited by UMUR - March 07 2010 at 01:36
 Post Reply Post Reply