Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedRushfan4's New CD Thread 4 - Lobster Newberg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 01 2009 at 08:28
In continuation of my meager attempt to divert some PA forum discussion time away from Porcupine Tree and the other usual suspects, here is my 4th installment of Rushfan4's New CD Discussion Thread.   Lobster Newberg's Actress has been out since the beginning of the year.  I've only given this about 4 listens, but I have really enjoyed what I have heard, and by creating this thread it will give me an excuse to give this one a lot more listens this month.  C'mon guys, after seeing this album cover, I know that you will want to look and see what is inside.

You can check out samples here on their MySpace page:  http://www.myspace.com/lobsternewberg

You can also listen to streaming samples here on their official website.  http://lobsternewberg.com/

Of the 4 albums that I have suggested for discussion so far, in my mind, this album represents what I kind of define as progressive rock.  The songs have enough of a jazz feel and are quirky enough to make them progressive, but commerical and accessible enough to make them actually enjoyable to listen to. 

Give them a shot and see what you think.  The album can be purchased from iTunes from a link on their website.

The physical CD can also be purchased at Amazon and directly from the band, here on their official site.  http://lobsternewberg.com/store.html

At any rate, I really think that this album is one that many of my friends here at PA will really enjoy, and you won't regret checking them out.

Give them a listen.  See what you think.  And come back to this thread and discuss them.  I am hoping that we have a little success here and maybe we can do it for other lesser known newer releases.  Either rate, let me know what you think.   

And in case you missed the first three installments of the New CD discussion thread please check it out here at thes links:

I should note that for those who frown about these things, I am not a representative of any of these bands.  I do not get paid to endorse them.  All of these albums are albums that I purchased as downloads from eMusic.  They are all albums that I have really enjoyed and therefore I am trying to bring them to the attention of PA members so that they may enjoy them to.  Obviously, I can't guarantee that anyone else will like these albums since it is all a matter of taste, but I have a feeling that there are some of you out there who will. LOL

I should also mention that although I am a Collaborator here at PA, this thread and recommendation is made entirely independently of my duties as a PA collaborator, and is also totally independent of the PA Artist of the Month that is endorsed by M@x, the site's owner. 

Edited by rushfan4 - October 01 2009 at 08:50
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12