Forum Home Forum Home > Site News, Newbies, Help and Improvements > Welcome newbies!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedG’day

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: G’day
    Posted: May 14 2005 at 07:22

Hi all!

I found this website through google when i was looking for info on.... King Crimson i believe. Then i decided to check if there was a forum, and clearly i found there was  So here i am.

What do i listen to? In the way of prog rock/metal i suppose it's: King Crimson, Pain of Salvation, Dream Theater, The Flower Kings, Rush... that's about all i can think of for now.

I guess i'm kind of new to the more rock based stuff. I've basically been progressing into rock and jazz from metal.

I guess that'll do for a very brief intro. I hope i'll be able to discover some cool bands on this forum. I'm sure i will.

Manunkind View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2005 at 07:25
Hi and have fun!
"In war there is no time to teach or learn Zen. Carry a strong stick. Bash your attackers." - Zen Master Ikkyu Sojun
strawberry View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 22:52

Hello great site isn't it.

taste is but a matter of oppinion.
Hangedman View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 22 2005 at 23:01
We talk about major bands (KC, Yes, Genesis, Dreamtheater, etc...) a great deal, but beleive me this site will broaden your tasted a good deal.
Progman192 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2005 at 01:29
 Well hello there all you fellow appreciators of actual musicianship. If your like me, you listen to our kind of music because you get fed up with the cookie cutter "music" that most record labels try and jam down our throat (i.e. MTV, tv commercials etc.). I have seen on this site something that is kinda sad to me. It seems that some folks out there only sl*g the newer bands that have come along in the past ten years or so by saying that they are only trying to sound like bands from the past. Well, what's wrong with that? Isn't that the greatest form of flattery there is? They have picked up the torch and ran with it. Don't get me wrong, Genesis has been and always shall be my favorite, but, bands like IQ, Marillion, (ok, maybe not so much these days) and Pendragon, have done this form of music very well in my opinion. Hey, at least they can play there own instrument unlike so much of the other crap out there.  So I say, lets just enjoy the fact that some bands still care about their craft and want to make this kind of music for us to enjoy! I am 40 years old and can still remember the first time I heard "Dark Side Of The Moon" That's where it all started with me and it hasn't stopped yet.    
Olympus View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 28 2005 at 20:36
Hi Reverie I see you're from Australia to, welcom and enjoy.
"Let's get the hell away from this Eerie-ass piece of work so we can get on with the rest of our eerie-ass day"
 Post Reply Post Reply