Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhich comedian do you hate the most?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Poll Question: Yeah, I decided to mix it. How do you HATE more?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
16 [42.11%]
7 [18.42%]
1 [2.63%]
2 [5.26%]
6 [15.79%]
6 [15.79%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 02 2009 at 18:25

Well I don't hate any of them. Mencia is the most full of sh*t one, but can be funny at times,  Cook can be very unfunny for long periods of time, but suddenly  hit you with a zinger. Lampanelli is embarrassingly vulgar, but still has her moments, and Silverman's style is very similiar to Lampanelli, but in a much prettier package. Even Larry the Cable Guy makes me laugh although he is easily the most annoying. They're all mediocre but not horrible

Now, I would go with Kathy Griffin as someone who epitomizes annoying, unclever, and unfunny. Easily the most annoying personality I have ever had the displeasure of watching. I also admit that I am referring to her most recent stuff. Maybe her earlier material is better.
Moatilliatta View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 00:34
Dane Cook is easily the best on that list. I can't believe anybody finds Carlos Mencia, Lisa Lampanelli or Larry the Cable Guy better than him. He's not the best, but he is definitely better than the rest of the comedians on the list. Not sure who to vote for.
www.last.fm/user/ThisCenotaph
progkidjoel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 00:53
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 01:41
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

As much comedy as I watch I was surprised that two on that list don't ring a bell.  I kind of like all of those that I am familiar with though.  What's kind of funny is that I always thought Sarah was kind of cute until I heard herself point out that she has a horsey face. LOL

I'm going to have to go with Andy Kaufman, RIP, but I always found him to be more annoying than funny.

Andy Kaufman wasn't a comedian. He was a ironic humorist. And a genius.

Wink

I don't really understand all of the Dane Cook hate 'round these parts. Perhaps I just have a really horrible sense of humor, or I'm the appropriate age group his style attracts, but I can relate to a lot of what he talks about in his stand-up, and genuinely find myself laughing aloud to his more robust stuff.

Then again, I like Family Guy, so what i find funny isn't really in line with most other 'intelligent' people. What do I know? Wacko
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 01:46
Larry the Cable Guy has at times made me ashamed to be an American. Just to know that I breathe the same air as that idiot knocks my sense of self-worth down a few pegs. So he's probably my vote.

Silverman is really cute, and has made me laugh at times. I haven't really seen enough of her to know, but many people seem to dislike her.

Not familiar at all with the rest.

By the way, it was said earlier that all Dane Cook does is say 'f**k' a lot, and he assumes that makes him funny. I don't think that's true, HOWEVER I know of a guy whose stand-up is exactly that. His name is Bob Saget. Stay away from his comedy at all costs, if you ask me. He would probably fit in my personal 'other' category on that poll.
TheProgtologist View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 06:02
They all suck but I detest Lampanelli and insult comics in general.

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 07:04
Originally posted by p0mt3 p0mt3 wrote:

Andy Kaufman wasn't a comedian. He was a ironic humorist. And a genius.

Wink

OK maybe he did occasionally elicit a giggle from me, but he was still annoying and I'm guessing he wouldn't have a problem with me saying so.

In a previous post, someone slammed Sam Kinneson   Now Sam actually cracked me up.  Didn't he die of spontaneous explosion or something? Tongue
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Sean Trane View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Prog Folk

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 09:29
Originally posted by BaldJean BaldJean wrote:

I don't know any of these

Neither do I, I must (happily?) say.

Edited by Sean Trane - November 03 2009 at 09:32
let's just stay above the moral melee
prefer the sink to the gutter
keep our sand-castle virtues
content to be a doer
as well as a thinker,
prefer lifting our pen
rather than un-sheath our sword
The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 10:49

By the way, it was said earlier that all Dane Cook does is say 'f**k' a lot, and he assumes that makes him funny. I don't think that's true, HOWEVER I know of a guy whose stand-up is exactly that. His name is Bob Saget. Stay away from his comedy at all costs, if you ask me. He would probably fit in my personal 'other' category on that poll.

You're right with Saget. At least he's not so loud. But Cook? Talk loud, say f**k, talk louder, say f**k, talk louder about sex and sh*t (literally), say f**k, yell, f**k, scream, f**k, f**k.... that's all he does.

Maybe people just love a guy that has no problems being a jerk in public. They love the show-off. The "I do what I want" attitude. I prefer comedians that may seem insecure or quieter but that make actual jokes.
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 11:52
Silverman has this one lead-off line that stuck with me.  First thing out of her mouth, delivered with complete deadpan stare....

"I want to get an abortion.......but my boyfriend and I are having trouble conceiving."

Funny?  Offensive?  both? 

The T View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 11:54
Slightly funny. Don't see anything offensive.
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 12:10
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

You're right with Saget. At least he's not so loud. But Cook? Talk loud, say f**k, talk louder, say f**k, talk louder about sex and sh*t (literally), say f**k, yell, f**k, scream, f**k, f**k.... that's all he does.

Maybe people just love a guy that has no problems being a jerk in public. They love the show-off. The "I do what I want" attitude. I prefer comedians that may seem insecure or quieter but that make actual jokes.

See, again. I don't really see that.

Dane (as has been pointed out earlier by Greg W) can be incredibly unfunny for long periods of time, but then out of nowhere he'll say something that has be in stitches many minutes straight. His comedy DOES have a lot of profanity, but that isn't all he does. He actually does tell jokes. Now whether or not everyone finds his type of humor truly funny is a different story, but to claim that he doesn't even tell real jokes is a bit off the mark, in my opinion,

I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy, or anything, but I'm just trying to put in perspective something that many people largely assume about Cook without actually watching him long enough to see what else he can do.

I have a weird taste in stand-up anyway, though. For instance, my favorite stand-up comic was a guy named Richard Jeni. Many, many people have never heard of him, so maybe that's a clue to how obscure my taste can get at times.

I think Dane is good for what he does; but what he does is college humor, for the most part. Not everybody is going to understand it. I still think it's a matter of personal taste, and not as simple as lack of talent. I believe Cook does have talent, but he aims it at a very specific audience. Bob Saget, on the other hand, has absolutely no talent, regardless of who is watching. But even that's just opinion. Wink

Edited by p0mt3 - November 03 2009 at 12:13
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 13:01
Originally posted by The T The T wrote:

Let me add Robin Williams to this list, terribly unfunny both as a stand up and an actor, who uses the F word every other word in his act while bouncing around like a madman and doing incredibly poor impressions.

Time always wins.
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 03 2009 at 13:15
Mencia I just find flat out annoying.
Silverman is not funny in the least, but of course ZOMG SHES SO HOT!

Seriously, thats the first thing everyone says when I tell them she f*cking sucks
"yeah she deff does BUT...."
It's really pretty sad.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123