Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBest Star Trek Series ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Poll Question: what Star Trek series was the best ?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
20 [51.28%]
0 [0.00%]
13 [33.33%]
4 [10.26%]
2 [5.13%]
0 [0.00%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2009 at 22:05
Next Gen did have some very well-written episodes ..so what do people think of the TOS remasters? Some are really tastefully done, anyone see the redone 'Amok Time'? Some grest exteriors of Vulcan

Edited by Atavachron - October 29 2009 at 22:07
Yorkie X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2009 at 21:59
The original series was ahead of itself at the time and has a certain charm , the chemistry of the crew was perfect  .. however I didn't vote for it probably due to Kirk. (I never liked Kirk very much)
   AT its peak Next Generation was fantastic at the moment I'm revisiting Next Gen it definitely had some weak moments a few episodes on season one and two were pathetic, I really enjoyed Voyager its often maligned but its good and Deep Space 9 I`m surprised hasn't scored any votes yet as it started flat but ended up really good.

Edited by Yorkie X - October 29 2009 at 22:14
mohaveman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2009 at 15:48
THG...in a landslide
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 16:36
Originally posted by lazland lazland wrote:

Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I don't know that I have ever seen the Animated Series.

Imagine that Genesis, Yes, KC, and all the classic prog bands simply ceased recording in 1973, and no prog anywhere was recorded for some five years. Then, all of a sudden, someone, because of the cult status of the genre, decides to put a band together doing covers of our favourite bands and songs, with contributions from original artists.

That's basically what the Animated Series meant to us when it came out - a fix of Star Trek in a vacuum, and we grabbed it like a heroin addict will grab a fix. Ultimately, it was just as unsatisfying - bloody awful actually.

that's true, I'd forgotten that-- we were all missing the show, waiting for a movie or new series or something.. reruns, conventions, and Space:1999 was all we had

good times

lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 16:01
Originally posted by rushfan4 rushfan4 wrote:

I don't know that I have ever seen the Animated Series.

Imagine that Genesis, Yes, KC, and all the classic prog bands simply ceased recording in 1973, and no prog anywhere was recorded for some five years. Then, all of a sudden, someone, because of the cult status of the genre, decides to put a band together doing covers of our favourite bands and songs, with contributions from original artists.

That's basically what the Animated Series meant to us when it came out - a fix of Star Trek in a vacuum, and we grabbed it like a heroin addict will grab a fix. Ultimately, it was just as unsatisfying - bloody awful actually.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Ivan_Melgar_M View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 16:00
The Next Generation by far, followed by DS9, Voyagger  and Enterprise.

Never liked Star Trek with Shatner.

Iván

rushfan4 View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 15:53
I like them all.  Enterprise is the only one of the Series where I have seen all of the episodes from start to finish, so I think that I enjoyed that one the most.  However, The Next Generation was probably the best in my opinion.  I didn't see TNG until it was in reruns.  I'm not sure if I have seen all of the episodes or not.  I have definitely seen a lot of them.  I am pretty much the same way with the original series.  I've only seen some episodes of DS9 and Voyager.  I don't know that I have ever seen the Animated Series.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 15:41
I still have fond memories of discussing the previous night's Star Trek with my Dad on the bus to school when it started syndicating in the UK, and, in terms of pushing the boundaries of sci fi, the original series will never, ever, be beaten. Without it, no one would have seen Star Wars, Close Encounters, or the rest. It was, and remains, unique.

TNG was also a great series, certainly once Roddenbury ceased to be involved on a daily basis. DSN was an interesting experiment in darkness which ultimately, for me, disappointed and failed.

Voyager and Enterprise were simply boring - far too PC and unchallenging.

However, the new film - well, what a resurrectionClap
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 15:25
the cartoon was bad, baaaaaaad.. the characters always seemed stoned and floating in some weird psychedelic ether.. that it was drawn by the same people who did the Brady Kids cartoon didn't help I guess

TOS all the way, if you haven't caught the remasters they've been showing on CW channels they're really interesting..some of the effects and exteriors were re-done and look really good

CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 15:16
I go for ST: TNG.
The original series is not bad, but I think it had been "limited" by the producers.
"Enterprise" is a punishment.
"Voyager" was interesting in its manner of taking the concept of a space odyssey in another meaning.
"DS9"... We want the next chapters.
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 19 2009 at 08:21
I grew up with the original.  The cartoon version actually had some good writers but the scenes where there was running always looked a little cheesy.  TNG started off way too corny for a lot of their episodes in the first season, but it matured very well, so gets my vote.  The last three lost my interest after a while, though I think I liked Enterprise the best amongst those although the opening theme music always makes me cringe.  "It's been a long tiiiime..." (hits mute).

Edited by Slartibartfast - October 30 2009 at 07:26
Yorkie X View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2009 at 23:29
I like sci fi and I like prog I`m curious if theres any kind of a connection so I thought I would create a Star Trek series Poll first just to test the water. Tongue 

Edited by Yorkie X - October 29 2009 at 22:15
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12