Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Blogs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A journey through the Italianprog scene

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
njk81 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote njk81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2009 at 07:49

i speack for the band "del maiale non si butta via niente"..

We are very glad that you told about our band.. i don't know how you know us, but we say thanks for the little comment you put in this post..

by now we made one cd-demo by ourself.. you can contact us on our my-space adress... www/myspace.com/delmaialenonsibuttavianiente

un grugnito!!
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Atavachron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2009 at 02:46
incredible Andrea, I look forward to reading this over several days

Moogtron III View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moogtron III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2009 at 03:26
Wonderful!

Very good that it covers the different regions in Italy.
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2009 at 04:07
Originally posted by njk81 njk81 wrote:

i speack for the band "del maiale non si butta via niente"..

We are very glad that you told about our band.. i don't know how you know us, but we say thanks for the little comment you put in this post..

by now we made one cd-demo by ourself.. you can contact us on our my-space adress... www/myspace.com/delmaialenonsibuttavianiente

un grugnito!!

Thank you for your music and for keeping alive Italian prog rock. I especially like your song "La madre" that was available in free download from your official website. The tracks that you uploaded on your myspace are very good as well. I'm looking forward to you debut album!

bye!

andrea

Edited by andrea - November 10 2009 at 06:15
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2009 at 04:11

I've just updated the article adding a few more bands and links...

By the way, if you like the Italian prog scene don't forget to visit every now and again Finnforest's blog where you can also find comments about bands that are not on PA (not yet at least!):

Edited by andrea - November 10 2009 at 04:13
cristianomussi View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cristianomussi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2009 at 16:45

Thank you very much ...

All the best

Cristiano Mussi
UndercoverBoy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UndercoverBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2009 at 21:19
My mind just asploded with all the information there.  I think there are enough bands here to last a lifetime.
domizia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domizia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 19 2009 at 03:05
Outstanding job, Andrea!Clap
1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2009 at 11:55
A good RPI band from FIRENZE is ENIMA.

I have their first self produced Ep. Review coming soon.
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2009 at 10:56
Thanks, I've just updated the article adding a few more bands and links...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2009 at 08:04
Originally posted by 1967/ 1976 1967/ 1976 wrote:

A good RPI band from FIRENZE is ENIMA.

I have their first self produced Ep. Review coming soon.

domizia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domizia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2009 at 05:23
I've got to thank you once more, Andrea, thanks to your list I'm getting to know so many unreleased but extremely interesting bands. I owe you.
s2r View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s2r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2009 at 01:05

Hello Andrea!

With reference to your excellent job, I'd like to submit to your attention some update about folk-prog group Reverie. 

The group has published some cds, the latest of which, "Shakespeare, la donna, il sogno", got very good reviews worldwide. Further to their myspace page, already indicated in the report, check also their official website www.reverieweb.com and their facebook page to know more about them and to get more news!

Thank you!

Myriam Canonne

[email protected]

s2r View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s2r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2009 at 01:07

Hello Andrea!

With reference to your excellent job, I'd like to submit to your attention some update about folk-prog group Reverie. The group has published some cds, the latest of which, "Shakespeare, la donna, il sogno", got very good reviews worldwide. Further to their myspace page, already indicated in the report (www.myspace.com/reverieweb), check also their official website www.reverieweb.com and their facebook page to know more about them and to get more news!

Thank you!

Myriam Canonne

[email protected]

s2r View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s2r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2009 at 01:11
Hello Andrea!
With reference to your excellent job, I'd like to submit to your attention some update about folk-prog group Reverie. The group has published some cds, the latest of which, "Shakespeare, la donna, il sogno", got very good reviews worldwide. Further to their myspace page, already indicated in the report (www.myspace.com/reverieweb), check also their official website www.reverieweb.com and their facebook page to know more about them and to get more news!
Thank you!
Myriam Canonne
[email protected]

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1967/ 1976 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2010 at 09:31
A band that I discovered via My Space is:

UndiciGradi

UndiciGradi is from Este (PD).

Today I received their demo CD "Live".
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2010 at 08:52
MILANO CALIBRO... PROG!

CALIBRO 35 are an Italian band based in Milan that takes inspiration from the soundtracks of the seventies Italian films about crime and violence, a genre usually called Poliziottesco.

If you are not familiar with this genre have a look at the opening sequence of Milano calibro 9, soundtrack by Osanna and Luis Bacalov, where you can find a great contrast between the sweetness of the music and the almost surrealistic violence of some images:

Calibro 35 recorded some covers of soundtracks from the seventies and some original tracks in the same style and released an eponymous debut album in 2008.

Here you can listen to the new album :

Some Calibro 35 videos:

You can compare the last two tracks with another scene from Milano Calibro 9:

Edited by andrea - February 10 2010 at 09:47
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 11 2010 at 08:27
CORDE OBLIQUE: PROG FOLK FROM CAMPANIA

Corde Oblique is the brainchild of Riccardo Prencipe, guitarist and composer from Napoli, that gathered around him some skilled musicians with experience in other bands for a project that should be of interest for prog folk lovers. The music ranges from original tracks with a strong Mediterranean flavour to acoustic covers of bands like Anathema and Sepultura...

This track was inspired by an old Medieval village in Campania, Casertavecchia:

Some other videos:

Flying, an Anathema’s cover, in studio and live featuring Danny Cavanagh

andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 08:33
PROG AND SOCIAL COMMITMENT: TERRA IN BOCCA

I Giganti were basically a vocal quartet, active since 1964… They were part of the “Italian beat” scene until 1971, when they decided to change their musical direction and released their only progressive effort, “Terra in bocca (Poesia di un delitto)” = “Soil In The Mouth (Poetry of a Crime)”, a complex concept-album about “mafia”. If you are too lazy to read a long review about this album, then you can watch this interesting “radio documentary” :

In 2009 the original album (plus a bonus track) was re-released and came out along with a book of 272 pages. A very original packaging at a very reasonable price... You can purchase the book (it’s in Italian but it features 16 pages of pictures and it’s really better than any other booklet) and the CD from this link:

Edizioni il Margine website:

Some “unplugged” happenings have been organised to promote book and CD, featuring founder member Enrico Maria Papes...

You should be able to listen to the whole album on YouTube, just clicking here

For a translation of the lyrics click here

I Giganti are still active with a renewed line-up but their repertoire now is more focused on the “beat” stuff they released in the sixties than on their absolute masterpiece Terra in bocca. Anyway, on their MySpace you can listen to a new shortened version of the suite...  

Official website:  http://www.giganti.it/

Some live videos :

Former member of I Giganti, Mino Di Martino, who was also involved in other projects during the seventies like the experimental TELAIO MAGNETICO and ALBERGO INTERGALATTICO SPAZIALE, now is the leader of a prog folk project called IL COMPLEANNO DI MARY...

Some videos by IL COMPLEANNO DI MARY

andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2010 at 15:51
PROG FUSION FROM LOMBARDIA

LIQUID CLOCK come from Lodi, in Lombardia. They have been active since 2007 blending jazz/rock and funky grooves with many other influences... The line up features Ennio Petriliggieri (bass), Marco Zaffignani (drums), Massimo Emmanuele (guitar) and female saxophonist Sabrina De Mitri.

They have just released their first album, Sense Of Self, that you can buy at the concerts of the band or legally download for free clicking  HERE

More info about the band:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 49>