Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedIndukti

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indukti
    Posted: November 06 2009 at 12:24
Anyone else find this music excellent? The S.U.S.A.R. release is phenomenal. It has really grown on me.
angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2009 at 15:28
S.U.S.A.R. is superb album. New one still hasn't clicked on me .. 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2009 at 15:46
I haven't heard the new one, which of course people are divided on, but I was impressed with S.U.S.A.R.  I'd checked the samples in and liked what I heard enough to get the album.  It was one of the first albums in the Prog Metal category that I found and liked (I then later discovered Choirs of the Eye which made an even bigger impression). I haven't listened to S.U.S.A.R. since maybe 2006, though -- not because it's not good and I didn't like it, but more because I acquired so much music in a short time that it got pushed to the side.  What hooked me was the violin, though the vocals gave me problems.  I don't think I would have neglected it for so long had the vocals appealed more.  
Just a fanboy passin' through.
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2009 at 15:46
Indukti can have my babies.

Very few bands hit me as strongly and as suddenly as these guys have. Most prog bands have to grow on me; these guys impressed me right from the first harp note in 'Freder'.

Jay (Negoba) has encouraged me to check out their new album, but I haven't had the oomph in me yet to seek it out. I'm sure I'll love it, though. Even though some of my friends 'round these parts seem to think it's crap.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2009 at 15:59
Well the first two collab reviews of the new one sure aren't promising (one stars), but methinks there was a topic on that already. LOL Knowing S.U.S.A.R., I find it hard to believe that Indukti could have become that bad.

Edited by Logan - November 06 2009 at 16:01
Just a fanboy passin' through.
Dominic View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2009 at 22:20
Even as a person who likes "Idmen" better than their first album, i must admit that the distorted guitar arrangements are kind of repetitive, nu metalish, and surprisingly disappointing. Also, the compositions in this album are overall more abrasive than their last album; yet they're more genuine imo. (although possibly less catchy, if that matters)

Another thing i can agree with the negative reviews about are the vocals, which feel super inappropriate imo. I actually wish i could buy a copy of "Mutum", the EP Indukti released earlier this year, because alot of the songs from Idmen are way more powerful without the vocals imo. 

Anyways, for sure, anyone who dug SUSAR should certainly give the new album (and EP if you can find it) a try. I could see how some people might find the playing in Idmen overzealous, but i really dig bombastic music when it's expressed with fines.

Edited by Dominic - November 06 2009 at 22:25
hirszu View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2009 at 05:32
I've only listened  to SUSAR and I don't think they're brilliant. This music sounds somehow repetitive as Dominic wrote before. I like the vocal guest appearance by Mariusz Duda though.

Edited by hirszu - November 07 2009 at 05:33
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2009 at 09:21
Indukti are brilliant, both Idemn and SUSAR are 5 staralbums IMO. I've tried to find fault with them but I cant. Most of those that dont like Idman but liked SUSAR are'nt too happy about the fact that the new album is far more intense and very heavy, though I still find it quite funny to hear people complaining that the vocals are too extreme (Nils K Frikdale gets far more aggresive for SGM than he did on Tosun...). 

Edited by sleeper - November 07 2009 at 09:22
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Sckxyss View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 23:28
I'm with Sleeper. Both albums are great. I'm confused by the hatred towards Idmen. I think Nils Frykdahl sounded awesome with the band, too.
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2009 at 10:27
Love S.u.g.a.r latest one, no so much.
Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours
stempel View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2009 at 13:29
For me "Idmen" is great album, but I really regret that they don't have one vocalist who could be a permanent part of band. I very like climate of this record. I mean its ethnic roots. 
One think that I don't like at last Indukti's album is song with vocalist from Prisma. It sounds like A perfect circle, and it is nothing new.
What are You thinking about Taff ("...And Who's The God Now?"). In my opinion he could be a great supplement to Indukti.
 Post Reply Post Reply