Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gooner View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Box release new album "Le Horla"
    Posted: December 12 2009 at 23:19
...an "interesting album"?  "Le Horla" is a masterpiece!  Check my review.
Tubthumper View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2009 at 18:38
Album added to the database. I really hope it will get the attention it deserves...and some reviews! I've just discovered the band with this album and I'm pleasantly surprised. The concept is pretty ambitious but Pisapia did an honorable job translating the disturbing short story into a prog rock album. Bravo!

I would write my own review of the thing if I could trust more my written English. LOL
Tried to make your face from a broken Ferris wheel.
LegacySpecial View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 18:17
How do you do that ?

After releasing Black Dog There, Jean-Marc is coming back with this new release "Le Horla". Kind of "new prog" going through several style, space, electronic/atmospheric, symphonic, ..., this new album is really new compare to what The Box issued earlier.

A concept album based on "The Horla" from the french writer Guy De Maupassant. To stay close to the short horror story composed in 1887 in old French, this release is sung in French. Jean-Marc said that he has the project of may be releasing it later in English also.

The story is dark, so most of the album. J-M Pisapia said that it was a personal trip that he wanted to do since a long time, and Prog music was the best style for this kind of project. He didn't want something commercial but an album made for listening.

The choice of that Maupassant's short story comes from when he was studying in Montreal during the 70's. "This story has been a revelation for me, when you begin to read it you cannot stop".

You can listen to very short clips on their site, and I know that there is some epic of more than 12 minutes.

The album was released yesterday, and they were doing a promotion show of it tonight, unfortunately, I'm with the kids and could not go ;-(

Just listen to the clips made we want to get it, especially the ones of  "Leau, le lait, le vin", "Sous hypnose" and "J'ai vu". 

Easy Livin View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 15:08
How about adding details of the album to their discography on this site?Big smile

LegacySpecial View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 10:09
The canadian group The Box, leaded by Jean-Marc Pisapia has just released an interesting album called Le Horla, based on an old 1887 short horror story by french writer Guy de Maupassant.

I was able to listen to some previews and it is looking very interresting, more prog that ever before.

I just can't wait to go get it.

Edited by LegacySpecial - November 11 2009 at 19:30
 Post Reply Post Reply