Forum Home Forum Home > Topics not related to music > General Polls
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJFK Assassination

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Poll Question: On this anniversary What do you think?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
6 [21.43%]
8 [28.57%]
1 [3.57%]
0 [0.00%]
13 [46.43%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 22:02
Not that is one magic loogie!!
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 22:08
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced it was a suicide, or Yosemite Sam...
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 22:48
Conspiracy theories are always stupid and irrational. If there were any logical reason to believe them, experts in their respective fields wouldn't think they're crazy.
if you own a sodastream i hate you
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 23:00
Originally posted by Henry Plainview Henry Plainview wrote:

Conspiracy theories are always stupid and irrational. If there were any logical reason to believe them, experts in their respective fields wouldn't think they're crazy.

That is why people were giving nonsensical answers.
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 23:06
Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

But some people weren't.
if you own a sodastream i hate you
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 23:10

Originally posted by A Person A Person wrote:

But some people weren't.

I know. I'm sure most people have seen the footage of the assassination, combined with the usually believed story, I am pretty sure his wife Oswald shot him.
Atkingani View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 23:11
LHO probably did it himself... the only thing that still leaves me suspicious was his killing 2 days later; the whole action when Ruby shot him is too much theatrical to be spontaneous IMO.
Guigo

~~~~~~
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 23:13
I've been reseaching this case a long time, we do know one thing for sure: Oswald was in some way involved or he wouldn't have fled the scene, went home and got a handgun. Further, despite what we hear, Oswald was a well-trained marksman, particularly in how to ambush with a rifle. The shot from the Depository was possible and the headwounds could be consistent with a shot from behind. As of right now, the best evidence is that he did it. The question that remains is were others involved.

That concludes today's morbid lecture.

Edited by Atavachron - November 22 2009 at 23:13
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 23:42
I heard the LHC created a black hole and sucked him in.
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 04:47
^^^ Not before the Mossad had roughed him up a bit first...

Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 07:54
I voted 'other' simply because neither of the 2 books I have read about  these events have convinced me that the ballistics are consistent with that of a lone gunman.

At the risk of wading into unrelated waters, as a Brit I am constantly perplexed by the reverence JFK is held in by sections of the US. He is routinely described as representing the nascent idealism of young America cut down in its/his prime. We are forever reminded that the 'gateway to a better world' was somehow closed on his admittedly cruel and untimely demise. This reeks of the cramped cosmos of a nation whose chief export is themselves. From whatever credible disinterested source I look, I receive the same contradictory portrayal of a narcissistic sleaze-ball. I genuinely don't mean to be disrespectful to the dead here, but a sober reappraisal of one of the 20th Century's most stubborn myths is well overdue. Those outside the US that could be bothered to express an opinion on JFK would probably conclude that Bobby Kennedy was more deserving of such eulogies. Apologies for those whose sensibilities are vandalised by the foregoing, but those of us outside Uncle Sam's backyard do grieve the loss of life but find it more onerous to console the relatives when they constantly offer fashion tips on funeral attire.
manofmystery View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 11:44
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

I voted 'other' simply because neither of the 2 books I have read about  these events have convinced me that the ballistics are consistent with that of a lone gunman.

At the risk of wading into unrelated waters, as a Brit I am constantly perplexed by the reverence JFK is held in by sections of the US. He is routinely described as representing the nascent idealism of young America cut down in its/his prime. We are forever reminded that the 'gateway to a better world' was somehow closed on his admittedly cruel and untimely demise. This reeks of the cramped cosmos of a nation whose chief export is themselves. From whatever credible disinterested source I look, I receive the same contradictory portrayal of a narcissistic sleaze-ball. I genuinely don't mean to be disrespectful to the dead here, but a sober reappraisal of one of the 20th Century's most stubborn myths is well overdue. Those outside the US that could be bothered to express an opinion on JFK would probably conclude that Bobby Kennedy was more deserving of such eulogies. Apologies for those whose sensibilities are vandalised by the foregoing, but those of us outside Uncle Sam's backyard do grieve the loss of life but find it more onerous to console the relatives when they constantly offer fashion tips on funeral attire.

He is an extremely overrated by the majority due to his appearence and charm (and speaches in which he refers to himself as a donut)  because, if we are being honest, he wasn't really around long enough to be fairly rated as a president.  He had one major blunder (Bay of Pigs) and one major feather in his cap (Cuban Missle Crisis, though I'd argue we gave up just as much as the Soviets in the end).  I do give him credit as a democrat that believed in tax cuts and capitalism because lord knows those no longer exist.
Also, he had marilyn monroe killed Wink

turns out it was The Comedian
(the opening montage was the only thing zach snyder did right)

Time always wins.
Equality 7-2521 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 12:29
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

I dislike him and his entire family. I've always been perplexed by the Kennedy romanticizing in this country. The embrace of any political royalty really troubles me. 

Of course without Kennedy we got LBJ which isn't exactly an upgrade no matter how negative your opinion of Kennedy is. 
"One had to be a Newton to notice that the moon is falling, when everyone sees that it doesn't fall. "
akamaisondufromage View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 12:40
A photo taken in the vicinity ! 

Help me I'm falling!
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 12:51
Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

He is an extremely overrated by the majority due to his appearence and charm (and speaches in which he refers to himself as a donut)  because, if we are being honest, he wasn't really around long enough to be fairly rated as a president.  He had one major blunder (Bay of Pigs) and one major feather in his cap (Cuban Missle Crisis, though I'd argue we gave up just as much as the Soviets in the end).  I do give him credit as a democrat that believed in tax cuts and capitalism because lord knows those no longer exist.

Yeah, and he didn't have the ducking skills of W either. Tongue

Edited by Slartibartfast - November 23 2009 at 15:47
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 13:27
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Originally posted by manofmystery manofmystery wrote:

Yeah, and he didn't have the ducking skills of W either. Tongue

It's far easier to dodge a shoe than it is a bullet......especially when you see the shoe coming.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 14:45
John F. Kennedy overrated? That's very funny. Yes of course he was overrated, just like Winston Churchill (a favorite of mine, the fat b*****d), Albert Einstein (he wasn't really that smart, right? Those weren't his ideas), and let's not forget PA's favorite, The Beatles (who had their songs written by gnomes).

Overrated.. psh.

Edited by Atavachron - November 23 2009 at 14:45
Collaborator
Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 15:48
Well, I'm not a Kennedy knocker.  I think if he had invaded Cuba during the missile crisis as he was being advised to do, we would probably be toast now.

Did he have to compromise to avert that?  Yeah.  Why is compromise such a dirty word?

Edited by Slartibartfast - November 23 2009 at 15:49
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 16:09
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

Well, I'm not a Kennedy knocker.  I think if he had invaded Cuba during the missile crisis as he was being advised to do, we would probably be toast now.

Did he have to compromise to avert that?  Yeah.  Why is compromise such a dirty word?

Yeah but you have to remember that neither party actually wanted to attack each other. The Soviets claimed that they were only aiding an ally to develop a strategic defence sheild, similar to the missile bases that the US had developed in Turkey - within striking distance of anywhere in western and south-central Russia and Ukraine. Both leaders knew that nuclear war would not occur because both were as eager to avert a confrontation. Mutually assured destruction assured that fact. Did Kennedy do the right thing - yes, but only because it was the only option he had. His advisers were blinded by misinformation, they were still terrified that the Red Army was going to roll through the Berlin Blocade, or nuke the US East coast.
Tsevir Leirbag View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 19:03
First option: Eugene killed JFK with his axe
Second option: Big Bird ate him!
Les mains, les pieds balancés
Sur tant de mers, tant de planchers,
Un marin mort,
Il dormira

- Paul Éluard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>