Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedEnima (RPI)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Enima (RPI)
    Posted: December 01 2009 at 11:56
A good RPI band from FIRENZE is ENIMA.

I have their first self produced Ep. Review coming soon.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2009 at 12:34
I don't have that much of a handle on RPI, but I wonder if the band is better-suited to Crossover than RPI.
1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2009 at 13:10
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

I don't have that much of a handle on RPI, but I wonder if the band is better-suited to Crossover than RPI.

To be honest I have not heard the CD well. I have given only a summary hearing, without weighing the music.

So I entered into the discussion the first kind of music that I approached them.
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2009 at 13:49
Originally posted by 1967/ 1976 1967/ 1976 wrote:

Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

To be honest I have not heard the CD well. I have given only a summary hearing, without weighing the music.

So I entered into the discussion the first kind of music that I approached them.

I've only listened to those short samples and some of a youtube video, and noticed their influences at myspace.  Like I said, I really don't have much of a handle on RPI even though I have many albums included in that category.  I certainly do hear that Italain RPI flavour though in the music, so I was really unsure even when it comes specifically to the qualities of the far too little music I heard. 
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2009 at 20:57
The RPI team will give it a spin and report backSmile

DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2009 at 01:54
An enjoyable outfit I've felt from their MySpace samples and videos, Mandy and Finny. Heart
Although they advocate they are a Rock/Progressive/Psychedelic band, I’m convinced they be fitter for RPI than psych. Cool
1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2009 at 08:33
Finn & Damo: Enima is a pure RPI band! i confirm my first genre attribution!

This is the review:

ENIMA: ENIMA

Label: Self production
Contacts: [email protected]  
               www.myspace.com/enimamusic
Enima is:
- Ilaria Boero: voice
- Mauro Strozzieri: guitars
- Stefano Sciolè: keyboards
- Giacomo Cipriani: bass
- federico Ottati: drums

track list:
1. L'eremita
2. Il bivio
3. La guida
4. Enima

Enima is a band active since 2003 after several personnel changes (which I followed the advice of bio on My Space) and a first CD 'The Sensitive Shoal' (2006) presents to the public with the current lineup and a really good CD Ep that satisfy you under many points. I can only tell you that if you RPI and Italy are a point of reference, Enima is another band to know and include in the collection of your masterpieces.

The music of Enima remember me Conqueror and Periferia Del Mondo but with more dryness. I think that this point is marginal: this CD has had a first mix which was then corrected (and the second edition is what I have in my hands). The musuc is, in any case extremely good and emotional.

Song for song it would be the correct anais for this CD. evertheless just the music direc pier melodic, almost a sort of progressive jazz pop that finds in arrangements airy (but not symphonic) and Rock (but never banal) ilpunto meeting with RPI old school. Compared to Conqueror or Periferia Del Mondo the Rock part of Progressive Rock is important but as the cited band the melody is the winning element. The female voice is the winning element (as in Conqueror) so that in some points Enima and Conqueror could be superimposed. Especially in 'La Guida (eng:' The Guide'), which has a long sampler sound intro and then continues with a good Italian, but the pier Prog Rock (and in some places not very melodic). Yet Enima is a band that copy. Rather I see a band that came natural care if someone then said: 'I already heard this music!'.

In definitive Enima is a band that please me because able to express positive emotions. Addition, this EP is really a potential masterpiece of the most melodic RPI. 'Enima' is, in definitive a great recommended work!

Rating: StarStarStarStar 1/2

Edited by 1967/ 1976 - December 02 2009 at 08:34
 Post Reply Post Reply