Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Tribute Bands and Prog Radio
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedProg series in Finnish Radio Yle 1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Prog series in Finnish Radio Yle 1
    Posted: January 26 2010 at 03:46
Hi all my countrymen, I hope you are aware that there is a new series on prog rock, it is broadcast in Yle Radio 1 on Saturday nights 22.20-23.10. This far there has been two programmes. The name "Karmiininpunaisen kuninkaan hovi" is naturally a translation of King Crimson debut album's title.

It is by composer Osmo Tapio Räihälä (happens to be a PA member too), the same man who has a radio series on chamber music ("Aarrekamari"), and appears on TV (Teema channel) in "Kausikortti" which also is about the world of classical music.

It's very nice to see that a radio channel musically profiled into Art Music gives this way the higher status to Prog too. The only sad thing is that this particular, culturally oriented radio channel (my one and only daily listened!) has much smaller audience than the pop oriented channels, and with the late broadcast time it's unlikely that those who are narrowed to classical music would find out a whole new genre worth investigating. But if this message brings news to any of Finnish PA members, good. (Of course it would be better if you all already prefer Yle 1 instead of usual radio channels...Embarrassed)
Eetu Pellonpaa View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2010 at 07:32
Great news, have to tune in for that program Smile
I think it can be listened trough here: http://areena.yle.fi/player/index.php?channel=1&language=fi

Edited by Eetu Pellonpää - January 26 2010 at 07:33
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2010 at 07:40
I listened to the first show and it was good stuff Thumbs Up I'll check out Areena for others.
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2010 at 07:54
Wish I could listen to it too.. I have fond memories of listening to Finnish radio when I lived there! Incidentally, these days I'm reviewing albums by two Finnish bands, and waxing lyrical about the musical scene thereSmile.
Matti View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2010 at 02:22
(Oh, now I learnt to edit these messages! Embarrassed)

In Finland you can listen to it in the net via YLE's pages. Search it in http://areena.yle.fi with the programme name "Karmiininpunaisen kuninkaan hovi", you'll find it. Each radio programme (or TV programme) in Areena can be listened to (or viewed) for some days, maybe it was for a week.

Some programmes can be listened abroad too, but sadly this one is not among them...

Edited by Matti - February 02 2010 at 01:20
OT Räihälä View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2010 at 10:27
Originally posted by Matti Matti wrote:

In Finland you can listen to it in the net via YLE's pages. Search it in http://areena.yle.fi with the programme name "Karmiininpunaisen kuninkaan hovi", you'll find it. Each radio programme (or TV programme) in Areena can be listened to (or viewed) for some days, maybe it was for a week.

Unfortunately there are a lot of technical problems with Areena, that seem to have hit especially Karmiininpunaisen kuninkaan hovi. It's really frustrating, and I really hope these problems are sorted soon. This week's program, for exampe, is not available due to some bug.
 Post Reply Post Reply