Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJordan Rudess - Free Download & review

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jordan Rudess - Free Download & review
    Posted: January 28 2010 at 14:38
I reviewed and posted a free download link of the song "Piece of Pii" on our blog.  see link below and get yourself a free Jordan Rudess track.  Worth checking of if you have put it off.

Review:
Jordan Rudess'' 2007 "The Road Home" album showcases the Dream Theater keyboardist covering and reworking some of his favorite Prog Rock classics. Be warned, these are not your average "covers". Rudess re-arranged and transformed the songs into his own personal interpretations. "I wanted to play the right pieces and play the parts that I felt were really important to the composition," says Rudess, who penned the original "A Piece of the Pii" for The Road Home. "I also added my own sections that aren't there at all [in the original songs]. So there is a lot of originality even within these new arrangements." 

Here are a list of songs on The Road Home with the original artist in ( ). 

Sound Chaser (YES) 
Dance on a Volcano (Genesis) 
Just The Same (Gentle Giant) 
Piece of the Pii (Jordan Rudess) 
Tarkus (Emerson, Lake & Palmer) 

"Piano Medley" merges bits of the Jon Anderson vocal showpiece "Soon", King Crimson's gentle, supernatural "I Talk to the Wind" (with vocals by Rudess), Yes' "And You And I", and Genesis' sprawling "Supper's Ready." 

Rudess, who is used to being surrounded by immense musical talent, had some help on this record from leading prog talents. Guests include Spock's Beard vocalist Neal Morse, Kip Winger, Porcupine Tree's Steven Wilson, Bumblefoot (Guns 'n Roses), Ozric Tentacles' Ed Wayne, and drummer Rod Morgenstein. 

A fusion which results in an all star "prog tribute album" by one of the genres' leading keyboardists.

LINK FOR FREE download: (By the way, it's 100% legal, we don't support music theft)

http://blog.loudtrax.com/post/Jordan-Rudess-The-Road-Home-FREE-DOWNLOAD3e3e3e3e3e3e.aspx

www.Loudtrax.com
 Post Reply Post Reply