Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Gigs, Tours and Festivals
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedA Celebration Of: Popol Vuh, London UK

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: A Celebration Of: Popol Vuh, London UK
    Posted: February 03 2010 at 04:50

A Celebration of: Popol Vuh is a series of events produced by Sonic360 to mark the 40th anniversary of the formation of German ‘Krautrock’ group ‘Popol Vuh’.  Founded by the creative driving force and musical genius Florian Fricke along with Holger Trulzsch (percussion) and Frank Fiedler (electronics), their music incorporates both electronic and acoustic instrumentation inspired by ethnic and religious music and evokes a deep and introspective response in the listener.

The concept of the events is to play selected albums from the Popol Vuh catalogue, 2 albums per night, in the beautiful and unique acoustic setting of Shoreditch Church, London -  an appropriate space to listen to the deeply introspective music of Popol Vuh.  The church will be low-lit by candle light so that the listener is placed in an environment where the music can score an inner landscape, an inward experience rather than a sensory bombardment. 

The first event is on 25th February, 2 early ‘moog period’ Popol Vuh albums ‘Affenstunde’ (their first album) and ‘In Den Garten Pharaos’ will be played.

Schedule of events:

Thurs 25th Feb: Albums: Affenstunde, In Den Garten Pharaos

Thurs 8th Apr: Albums: Hosianna Mantra, Aguirre

Thurs 15th Apr: Albums: Nosferatu, Sei Still, Wisse Ich Bin

Thurs 22nd Apr: Albums: Coeur De Verre, Agape-agape

All events start at 7pm. A special guest will be invited to talk at selected dates TBC. There will be an interval between albums and alcoholic beverages will be available.  £5 Entry.

Advance tickets are available here: http://www.wegottickets.com/event/70095

More info at www.sonic360.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=251406303366&index=1

machinemusic View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 07:40
This sounds like a really great idea. I am unfortunately on the other side of the Atlantic and so I will have to content myself with listening to vinyl recordings in my studio space. 

Good luck with the event and I hope people show up to support the initiative.  It is Popol Vuh after all.

Post Reply Post Reply