Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedOutopsya (Tech Extreme Prog... Metal)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Outopsya (Tech Extreme Prog... Metal)
    Posted: February 05 2010 at 07:13

OUTOPSYA: SUM

Outopsya are:
Evan mazzucchi: Bass
Luca Vianini: guitars, vocal, synthesizers & drums score
Ylenia Zenatti: Vocals on tracks 2& 4

Info at:www.myspace.com/outopsya

track list of "Sum" (Videoradio VRCD 000746):
1) Lords Of Hate
2) Mothal
3) Mus
4) Don't Mind
5) Tarred Life
6) Mechanical 7
7) SandNess
8) Sum

CD cover:

REVIEW:
From Rovereto (TRento, Italy) now thanks to Donato Zoppo (www.synpress44.com) I have in my hands this beautiful CD "Sum" published by Outopsya (OUT Of PSYchical Activity) fron Videoradio. This is a great CD of Prog. Yes Prog also if Extreme Technical Prog... Metal. But basically "Sum" is a CD of Prog because fusion of Steve Vai, Funky, Blues, Psychedelic Rock, Annihilator, Death Metal, Thrash metal and other musical genres as Jazz, Krautrock etc... In definitive for Outopsya this is the correct way for a new Prog. This is important because this way fall down barriers between musical genres and only the sounds are slanted toward a certain kind of listeners the music that Outopsya plays.

I'm not an expert of Tech or Extreme or Experimental Prog metal but in this case Outopsya is a band that plays a summary between these various genres (that, indeed, can often be confused with each other). So I think that only if I speak about the various genres that are incorporated in this music I speak in good manner about Outopsya. And in this sense after 4 demos and 1 DVD, various musical project (music for silent film "Der Golem", for examples) this first CD is a great summary of these experience. The musical genre is the summary of variuos ideas of Luca Vianini who has chosen music so extreme because he found it easier to express their ideas. But sure in this music I see The Beatles and Mozart, Yes and Annihilator, Slayer and PFM, Vangeilis, Miles Davies, Steve Vai and Sodom, Nuclear Assault and Obituary, Necrodeath and Cynic, Black Metal and pure Fusion. Because this is (but not only in this case) World Music... Classic Music. Certainly if you speak about Extreme Prog metal you do not speak about Jazz or Fusion. But this is an unnecessary barrier that is still unnecessary also in this case.

Song for song... Not easy work. In fact these 8 songs not have melody, not have simple passages... Have only the passion. However I can say that the various elements (described above) are mixed... Remain divided... Interpenetrate... Clash between them... They die and are reborn... Who knows why... Remain suspended in an abstract poetry... What is figurative art. Dante and Boccaccio... Alice in Wonderland and Snow White... Day and Night... Sex and Hate... God and Lucifer... Past and Future... Love and Hate... Everything and nothing... Life and Death... music is art!... Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge... Well... Song for song is not a possible description with words. Song for song is a description for mind. And also in this case is not an easy work.

In definitive... Outopsya. A final Prog music for a true Progsters!

My vote is 9,5/10!!!
UMUR View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2010 at 13:42
Thanks for the suggestion. Outopsya added to the Progressive Metal chart on Progfreak for evaluation.

And quite impressive stuff from the samples I´ve heard. That would be a yes from me.Smile

Edited by UMUR - February 05 2010 at 13:51
1967/ 1976 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2010 at 15:10
Strange that for Outopsya their music is only Prog... Because... This is prog!!!
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 15:33
Added. For now in the Experimental metal department, I'll check to see if my fellow collabs find it to be more of an extreme case :-)
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Any Colour You Like View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 15:51
I'll have a listen after work!
 Post Reply Post Reply