Topic ClosedOccult Crime in 1971

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Occult Crime in 1971
    Posted: February 12 2010 at 09:33
I was once asked to research an occult case for a writer who was doing a book on occult crimes. I was paid a good sum of money and was chosen basically because the crime occured during my high school years and I had more personal insight according to the writer. I was hoping for members on P.A to give their solid opinions on the information I am about to render.

Back in June of 1971, a young man age 21 drove his two friends to a place which is known as Menantico sandwash. They arrived to Clear Pond. The young man went through a apparent Satan ritual. He then asked his two friends to bound his hands and feet and push him into the water. They walked him into the water and surfboarded him at waist level. They waited for him to struggle or give a sign indicating help bit, there was nothing except the bubbles which appeared to the surface. The 2 youths, both 18 years old ran for a year book signing and then fled to Florida. When they returned, they were indicted for the murder and both served 5 years in Yardville Prison. When they were released they both trailed their lives back into Satan worship.

There was speculation that the 3 boys were taking LSD that night. In court it was ruled that the victim performed suicide with assistance. When the perpetrators were question they clamied that the victim belonged to a Satan worshippers sect and had to die violently so that he could be put in charge of 40 legions of demons. So in his mind he would be reborn as a captain to rule over theis legion. Police discovered that the Vineland, N.J area had a Satanic cult in which 12 members belonged and about 50 fringe members. When I interviewed retired police officiers in Millville, I was told that the "Church of Satan" migrated to Vineland with a small segment that posed themselves under a different name and conducted services to the Devil behind church doors late at night. The high priest was a 70 year old man. The members of the church ordered the 2 perpetrators to follow the victims instructions and proceed with the ritual. The witch who calls herself Lilith Sinclair was a priestess of the Church of Satan. This cult was organized in Californina in the late 60's. Miss Sinclair and members of her group were harassed in the summer of 1971 after the Black Magic sacrifice of the 21 year old victim. www.spiritualislibrae.com/ebooks/church.../pg0656.htm

The use of human sacrifice is older than recorded history and the use of such a sacrifice for a cuse to gain power can be found in the bog burials in Ireland and Northern Europe. Also, there is much on the subject in James G. Frazier's THE GOLDEN BOUGH. The difficulty in the victims case is that his scrifice is directly tied into Christian/Satanism in his belief that his self scrifice would engender the protection/aid of Christian demons, He clearlt stated references to Lucifer and Satan. No mention of pagan gods or wicca are cited at all. Like a role playing game, his entire concept was strictly based on Christian Demonlogy. His reference of "40 Legions is a Judeo-Christian concept to be found in Colin De Plancey and others(derived from medieval theologians) in which demons had hierarchies and legions, etc.

The person who discovered the body has chapters posted on Gateway.com.....His name is James Maddox. The wide investigation that was conducted by law enforcement officials was ended and evidence was declared circumstantial. There is also a 2 page article in issue #20 of the Weird N.J. magazine. The victim's act was not a rational one. He trusted his life to a ritual in a book and I felt that he was delusional. He could have easily delude himself into believing that his sacrifice would grant him the Philosophers Stone (so to speak). Many felt that his act was more tragic and stupied than ritualistic however he dressed in a black cloak walking about the house talking to spirits and you sometime couldn't help to wonder.

Vineland was my hometown and it always seemed to be over populated with occult activity. Could you please reply and give me your opinions? Was it drugs? Was it just the 3 boys having fun? or was there a sect from the Church of Satan that migrated to the east coast and brainwashed the 3 boys?  

ExittheLemming View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 10:03
As far as I am aware there is no extant ritual recognised by either the Church of Satan or its divergent academic group The Temple of Set that entails the suicide of one its followers. Certain animals are killed in Satanic rituals (although this is the exception rather then the rule nowadays) and some rituals could be said to portray the highly artificial symbolic slaying of individuals considered inimical to their beliefs. Curses are often placed on such individuals but it is certainly not their physical death that is desired. My own guess based on the information you have provided is that this smacks of adolescents who dabbled in the left hand path and undoubtedly failed to heed the warnings of those who have a legitimate interest in and responsibility for such occult matters. It also sounds like they did seek out bona fide literature but completely misinterpreted its contents to suit their own confused agenda.
TODDLER View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 11:20
Originally posted by ExittheLemming ExittheLemming wrote:

As far as I am aware there is no extant ritual recognised by either the Church of Satan or its divergent academic group The Temple of Set that entails the suicide of one its followers. Certain animals are killed in Satanic rituals (although this is the exception rather then the rule nowadays) and some rituals could be said to portray the highly artificial symbolic slaying of individuals considered inimical to their beliefs. Curses are often placed on such individuals but it is certainly not their physical death that is desired. My own guess based on the information you have provided is that this smacks of adolescents who dabbled in the left hand path and undoubtedly failed to heed the warnings of those who have a legitimate interest in and responsibility for such occult matters. It also sounds like they did seek out bona fide literature but completely misinterpreted its contents to suit their own confused agenda.
I have felt in the past that the 3 boys used the literature (as you say), to suit their own confused agenda. However police investigation would say otherwise indicating that maybe a sect was present and or the 3 boys made up their own rules. So, it could also be viewed as both aspects being the reason or cause for the tragic incident. Or, it could be merely a coincidence that the boys performed the act while the sect was indulging on it's own. When I walked home from school and took the woods for a short cut, I would always find dead animal remains and pentagrams drawn in the dirt. I know that occult activity was vastly present in Vineland for many years. Another conclusion is that Chief of police Charles Pangburn wanted to have a story bigger than sliced bread, a Devil worship cult,  and persisted in investigation based on the theory that they all wrapped chains around the victim and threw him into the water. Many were brought in for questioning that supposedly witnessed the ritual. This went on for many years according to the witnesses that I interviewed. It was giving Vineland a bad image and the police were on a mission to be rid of the whole mess. However to my surprise, occult activity was present all through the 80's. Then there is another theory. The victim was badly beaten everyday and had a dreadful home life. These are the ideal candidates for Satanic groups to brainwash. The vunerable, the abused, the drug users. I still don't know whether I should doubt the police or the press but, it always seemed a difficult feat to narrow it down to DEATH=CAUSE. Maybe I will never know the answer?   
Alberto Muņoz View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2010 at 11:21
Interesting read Toddler, i din't know that your hometown have some satanic activity.

About the legions of demons there some info in the apocrypha and pseudoepighrapy books of the old testament, specially in the Jubilees book.

if you are interesting of reading i can provide to you a link via PM, i do not post here because you have to proceed carefully.

Also you can read the Norman Cohn Books, in pursuit of the millenium and the familiar demons in europe.

Post Reply Post Reply