Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBrian Eno & The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 01 2010 at 02:09
Originally posted by Pete A. Pete A. wrote:

When I splurged for the Genesis 1970-75 Box set(on vinyl), I found it amusing that Eno's" enossification" credit has been removed from the liner notes of LLDOB. Obviously on purpose!!!

Is that right??   Never bothered to even read the credits from the Box set -- that's bizarre to pull that one simple credit!

I know that the members of Genesis got real uptight about songwriting credits after The Lamb -- they really spell it out on Trick & W&W.  I don't know, man ... Tony just seems like one stuffy, uptight guy sometimes.  I always got the sense that Tony had a bug up his ass about Steve -- despite the fact that it's those two who are credited with writing "Blood On The Rooftops", which has one of the best mellotron parts ever.

As for Phil -- always seemed like a groovy chap to me, until "Both Sides" .... yech.

Gary
"... people will always be tempted to wipe their feet on anything with WELCOME written on it"
Andy Partridge
Itssolastcentury View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2010 at 16:59
I was amazed when I read that about The Lamb, and never really realised what was giong on in Trick and W&W. Thanks for that Gary - you've really opened my eyes. Not sure I agree about "Blood on the Rooftops" though - I think Radio as Paper does the same thing but way better. ANd Brian Eno's Youth adfairs portfolio eh whaty?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKiXwtIFMKY

Edited by Itssolastcentury - May 04 2010 at 17:00
boo boo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2010 at 21:03
Originally posted by Snow Dog Snow Dog wrote:

Its good to read what Eno actually did on Lamb. A 30 year old mystery solved for me, as it wasn't clear on the album sleeve how much his contribution was. I had always suspected it was slight though. I though his contribution was to The Waiting Room actually. I was wrong.

Yeah that track is VERY Eno.

Overall The Lamb has a lot of bizzare ambient soundscapes going on, even if he only contributed to one track or two, he seems to have had some influence on the record as a whole. I'd say it's the most ambitious and challenging of all the Genesis records.

Edited by boo boo - May 05 2010 at 21:06
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12