Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog News, Press Releases
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAnderson, Wakeman,Bruford, Rabin to reunite??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anderson, Wakeman,Bruford, Rabin to reunite??
    Posted: March 20 2010 at 12:51
According to the latest Classic Rock Presents Prog magazine, Trevor Rabin is reuniting with Jon Anderson, Rick Wakeman and Bill Bruford to record an album. Apparently Rick Wakeman mentioned this on his Planet Rock show. There is no news of a bass player yet.
PabstRibbon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 15:59

I'm septical about this,  I once read that Bruford didn't wanted to be involved anymore with the Yes family after the Union tour.. Hope to have some info fast!

progkidjoel View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 16:52
I'd love to hear some more about this; thanks for the heads up.

Here's another link for anyone interested:

http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?s=d5633b7fb3c013b8a5defc5f00cd4395&t=59053
two steves View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 17:58
someone from Bruford's website says he's retired and not involved---I'd be surprised if he were involved---Rabin is no Howe---I mean Bruford's worked with some really interesting, first rate, unique guitarists---Rabin does not fit the bill.
The Quiet One View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2010 at 18:16

Seems pretty interesting: Wakeman and Bruford with Rabin, that's something to hear.

I wonder if this 'project' is some kind-of vengeful plan against Yes from Jon's part. Ermm This making the obvious reason why Chris Squire is not the immediate bass player.
stewe View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 12:49
The best musical news I've heard in ages, hopefully it will become reality!!
I'm excited especially about collaboration of Wakeman and Rabin on the same album. 

<a href="http://steveer.ic.cz" rel="nofollow"
RaphaelT View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 11:12
I am competely sure this Jon and Rick's plan of vengeance on Chris and Steve... and also read on www.rockserwis.pl that Bruford claims, that if it is going to happen he wants to be involved.

Of course it would be great to hear effect's of Rick's cooperation with Trevor.. it will be not as simple conflict as it was with Yes (horrible digits) -ABWH (noble CTTE) back in the beginning of the 90s. If they record a CD,  I will buy one, and go to a gig too, if it were possible. And of course I will buy CD of Yes-In The Present.

But then what's next? Another Onion? Guys, we are all 20 years older... record your albums, Benoit deserved this after great job he did at the tours, but then Jon and Rick go back to Yes and make a damn proper Yes album at last!

I am starting to feel that both Jon and Chris will die aged 160 each and to this point we will see constant fights and reconciliations... And they will tour to the very end :). 
yet you still have time!
TheGazzardian View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 12:35
I would buy it. 

It'd be neat to see Anderson-Moraz-Bruford-Rabin too. Just a thought I had. Would have loved to see Moraz and Bruford in the band at the same time.
Moogtron III View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 13:31
I like the idea. Anderson could have persuaded Bruford once again. He's done i before. I don't think Bruford would step back if Rabin would be the guitar player. Rabin and Wakeman are good friends. To me it still sounds like a rumour, but I would like it if it would really happen. Not that Rabin is one of my favorite composers, except for the 90125 album, but still... it would be cool in some way. Apart from the quarrels of course.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 15:37
Originally posted by progkidjoel progkidjoel wrote:

I'd love to hear some more about this; thanks for the heads up.

Here's another link for anyone interested:

http://www.yesfans.com/showthread.php?s=d5633b7fb3c013b8a5defc5f00cd4395&t=59053

Thanks for the link Joel - that's an interesting one.

I would LOVE this to come together.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Mouse444 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 20:35
Ok Ok...I heard this.....RRReeeeaaallllyyy,
After Elp do their tour/date/festival/2 hours show....not in Australia the b*****ds (I'm NOT bitter), Emerson is gonna get together with Chris Squire (bass), Alan White and Carl Palmer (Drums), Phil Collins (Vocals and mabey a wee bit of drums), Peter Gabriel (Vocals, if he's free !!!!!!(Hey didn't he used to play drums)), Steve Hacket (Guitar and drum), Daryl Stuermer (A mate of Steve's on guitar), Fish, Heather Findley and Steve Hogarth (Backing Vocals and percussion otherwise known as drums), Neil Peart (Saxaphone and glockenspiel) and Andre Rieu (conducting, lyrics and stage set). 
They are gonna release an album which will only be available on Itunes Australia and will do a large 8 date arena tour in Australia only, with meet and greets at a barbaque at my place in October.
Dates for the tour will be announced a day before the gig so none of you will be able to get here in time...so there. Oh and if anyone wants to fly me to the ELP gig in the UK with a ticket to the show on top please get in touch...MWAhaaaaaaa.
Mouse.
Mouser
Mouse444 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 20:37
Mouser
danielfortin View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 16:29

1.       Bruford announced his retirement months ago.

2.       Anderson was seriously sick and had to stop working for much longer that he and all actual members of Yes expected.

3.       The fight between Anderson and Yes members are nothing but rumors and speculation.

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2010 at 20:45
The ABWH hasn't aged too well for me anyway.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

ghost_of_morphy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 13:10
Originally posted by The Quiet One The Quiet One wrote:

Seems pretty interesting: Wakeman and Bruford with Rabin, that's something to hear.

I wonder if this 'project' is some kind-of vengeful plan against Yes from Jon's part. Ermm This making the obvious reason why Chris Squire is not the immediate bass player.
Anderson's revenge projects have turned out pretty well in the past.  If you heard the Anderson/Wakeman tour, I'm sure you'll agree.  Levin would be so cool here, but we'll prob be stuck with Berlin if this actually comes to fruition.
ghost_of_morphy View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 13:11
Originally posted by danielfortin danielfortin wrote:

1.       Bruford announced his retirement months ago.

2.       Anderson was seriously sick and had to stop working for much longer that he and all actual members of Yes expected.

3.       The fight between Anderson and Yes members are nothing but rumors and speculation.

While I can't speak to number 1, the other two points are complete BS.
Progfan1958 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2010 at 16:09
Anything that happens with any line-up should at least be interesting, and at best may be quite good. Let's just wait and see what happens. Perhaps we'll get lucky ?
Steve
Progfan1958
"Peace to you all"
"La paix est avec vous"
"Pax vobiscum"
"Al salaam a'alaykum"
"Vrede zij met u allen"
"Shalom aleichem"
tony kayes headband View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2010 at 02:50
Holy geez,2010 is looking to be the best  year in music in a long long time!!Thumbs Up
New Yes,
ABWR(or whatever it is called)
Iron Maiden-The Final Frontier
Thomas Dolbys first studio album in over 15 years
first Devo album in 20 years,
new Asia
new Killing Joke
ELP reuniting
PIL reuniting
And hopefully Ian Anderson will get his ass in the studio and finish up that new Tull album.

RoyFairbank View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2010 at 16:26
I'm excited about that new Asia album more than a new Yes album, I've heard Keystudio, The Ladder and Magnification and I am less and less impressed with post-80s Yes with every album. More of the same overly-bright and optimistic complex but boring mindless groove and weird otherworldly vocals. I like the majority of Yes' work, but seriously... And really, while I like what I've heard of Rabin's work with Yes (haven't heard Union or Talk) and Rabin's solo stuff, I really am dubious about Rick Wakeman, whose playing just sounds silly and over the top all the time, (one reviewer says "he sat contented on the stage making blow-bottle noises" what a damning indictment). Wakeman had some novel albums in the 70s, I actually like Journey to The Center of the Earth, but his hundreds of albums since then... crap, a few easy, if quirky listening bits as highlights. Jon Anderson's voice annoys me. I haven't heard ABWH, but what difference does a shift from White to Bruford matter? They're just drummers. 
SouthSideoftheSky View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Symphonic Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2010 at 06:33
Originally posted by stewe stewe wrote:

I'm excited especially about collaboration of Wakeman and Rabin on the same album. 

It is not the first time the two of them would collaborate, Rabin participated on a track on Rick's Return To The Centre Of The Earth album Tongue

Here is a Spotify-link to the track which is called Never Is A Long, Long Time and features Rabin on lead vocals and guitar: London Symphony Orchestra (LSO) – Never is a long, long, time

Edited by SouthSideoftheSky - March 29 2010 at 06:37
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>