Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedPallas - the Dreams of Men

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pallas - the Dreams of Men
    Posted: March 22 2010 at 08:19
whenever I turn to listen to this album it always hits me how great this record is, the production is some of the best I have heard, the musicianship is outstanding, the atmospheres they produce are realy wonderfull.

I love how It perfectly merges classic prog rock, with progressive metal and folk, and with the final reslut of it becoming one of the greatest records of tha last decade (i have not heard the other Pallas albums but I have ressumed by the other posts and reviews i have read that this is there best album)

one of the greatest preformance of Richenbacher bass playing since Chris Squire and in modern time, the RIck sound on this album is probably  the best bass sound i have heard.

i think out of the bigg four of neo-prog i think Pallas are getting shamefully litle atention,even though they certenly after what i hear on the Dreams of Men  manege to sound like no one else, they sound origenal not constrained i think this album will apeal to listeners outiside the Neo-prog field, it certanly will apeal to Heavy Prog fans, Progressive metal fans, and they have enough folk (celtic, native american, pirate music) so it will apeal to prog folk fans as well and also for fans of Symphonic prog this album certanly must sound sublime.

the Dreams of Men have probably one element that may turn people of it and that is that it is to pollished, to clean and perfect. but on the otherhand it dos not sound forced, it all sound as unstraigned as human breathing (to some extent)Embarrassed

Heart this album Hug

lovers & haters share your thougts, let the Dreams of Men guide you through the path of what is great, wonderfull, epic and highly elevated prog of grandieose

Edited by aginor - March 22 2010 at 08:26
RoyFairbank View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 08:57
Uh... I like The Sentinel, listening to Shock Treatment right now in fact. I'll have to try Dreams of Men, thanks for the recommendation.
sleeper View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 14:29
A very good album that I was coincidentally listening to today. I disagree with you on the production though. On my old (and much cheaper) hi-fi it sounded quite flat but on my new and quite good system all the depth has been brought.

I also disagree with you on its range of sounds, theres not a hint of metal or folk (pirate?) but is clearly a neo/symphonic album, and aptly demonstrates why they are one of the best in this field.
Spending more than I should on Prog since 2005

Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 15:11
^there is som pretty heavy guitar riffs and drum preformance, and some of tha passages is not that remote from what I hear in DT, Ayreon, Symphony X and Arena (who are one of the most heavy neo prog bands)
I said they are prog metal but it fusion the heavyer parts of prog with the more symphonic prog  overall and Ghostdancer have some folk elements.
lazland View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2010 at 15:15
I think it is a fantastic neo/symphonic LP.
Enhance your life. Get down to www.lazland.org
Aeolus View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2010 at 23:46
A great album and Ghostdancers is a wonderful song.
 Post Reply Post Reply