Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedJon Anderson / Rick Wakeman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 02 2010 at 23:52
Hi,

As much as I would like to see this happen, and have these guys close the book and hug each other, I find it all sad in the end.

Jon Anderson needs to get out of the cucoon and do his own thing. There are many other musicians out there that will gladly help him discover other musics and sounds that will help him deliver his lyrics and not have to redo some more Yes commercial stuff. I'm not interested in another "Roundabout" ... I would rather have another masterpiece like "Tales of Topographic Oceans" or "Relayer", or "Close To The Edge" but not sure that Rick thinks that stuff is original enough to compare to the classical artists he prays tribute to all the time.

And I certainly do not wish to listen to another washed out version of Yes and their material!
Music is not just for listening ... it is for LIVING ... you got to feel it to know what's it about! Not being told!
www.pedrosena.com
tamijo View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2010 at 03:47
Originally posted by moshkito moshkito wrote:

Hi,

As much as I would like to see this happen, and have these guys close the book and hug each other, I find it all sad in the end.

Jon Anderson needs to get out of the cucoon and do his own thing. There are many other musicians out there that will gladly help him discover other musics and sounds that will help him deliver his lyrics and not have to redo some more Yes commercial stuff. I'm not interested in another "Roundabout" ... I would rather have another masterpiece like "Tales of Topographic Oceans" or "Relayer", or "Close To The Edge" but not sure that Rick thinks that stuff is original enough to compare to the classical artists he prays tribute to all the time.

And I certainly do not wish to listen to another washed out version of Yes and their material!
Pretty much the same feeling i get when i hear about a new Yes project.
I'd rather c them work with other artists making new and interesting music, than form one of those reunion
bands, and make something that sounds a bit Yes'ish, without the experimentation and energy  Yes had in their prime. Sadly in sure there financial advisers think otherwise Smile

Prog is whatevey you want it to be. So dont diss other peoples prog, and they wont diss yours
sherrynoland View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2010 at 00:23

Edited by sherrynoland - September 18 2010 at 00:34
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2010 at 00:29

Edited by sherrynoland - September 18 2010 at 00:32
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2010 at 00:36
Dellinger quote:
"Flash (with no connection to Yes remaing anyway) is releasing an album of their own (if I understood well those threads about Flash reuniting)."

You understood correctly, Dellinger.  Flash has reunited (without ex-Yes guitarist Peter Banks) and a new CD is in the works.  They made their reunion debut at ProgDay 2010...

Edited by sherrynoland - September 18 2010 at 01:11
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2010 at 00:45

Even if it has rained a lot since Union it's a bit surprising that Wakeman wants to work again with Rabin.

And if Rabin is in the project, it's already a bad sign... I'm not expecting much.
Dellinger View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2010 at 23:26
Well, by now no more news have come about this project, I'm starting to feel it won't happen. However, an Anderson Wakeman semi-acoustic mini-tour on UK is already planned, and a CD and DVD is bound to be released.
chopper View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2010 at 06:40
According to the latest Classic Rock,  Anderson and Wakeman will be recording new material and the CD will be on sale at the first show of the tour, going on general release afterwards. There will also be a live DVD filmed at Buxton available by Christmas.

Rick also says "I would be very surprised if Jon ever stands in front of a band again".
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12