Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
39 [44.83%]
48 [55.17%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Crossover / Prog Metal Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cristi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2018 at 02:48
^ I wrote quite a bit and did not save anything but craptcha killed it, I don't know why it did not go, it's usually some emoticon that ruins things. 

The only thing that I agree with is that JR is "clusterf*cky" (interesting word that sums up pretty well what JR is doing sometimes, especially on ADTOE and The Astonishing). 
I remember you being one of the users here that enjoyed DT's last album, so I'll stop here. Tastes are personal indeed... :)
Upbeat Tango Monday View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upbeat Tango Monday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 15 2018 at 20:26
Indeed, Cristi, I quite liked it. As a matter of fact I think it's their best record with Mangini on drums and a "top 5" DT record: grandiose, operetic and blatantly over the top. James LaBrie SHINES, Mangini and Myung are precise, Petrucci is not throwing random metal solos 24/7 and Rudess brings quality and ambiance without getting too crazy. Great experiment all around...they even played a bit of tango (Lord Nafaryus)!
Too bad you didn't like it.
Two random guys agreed to shake hands. Just Because. They felt like it, you know. It was an agreement of sorts...a random agreement.
Fischman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fischman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2018 at 10:42
Very hard to choose between the two. If a gun to my head, I guess I'd go with Moore based on Images and Words far away being my favorite DT album, and assuming Kevin had something to do with that.  

And jftr, I'll add that Derek Sherinian is no slouch either.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123