FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedNew Bass Player for Kinetic Element

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Bass Player for Kinetic Element
    Posted: April 27 2010 at 16:41
Hello again, all our friends around the world!

It's a new day in KE land. Last night we welcomed David Donlon of Springfield VA into the band as our new bass guitarist.

David showed up in a most unusual fashion, in a way we could not have foreseen. He saw the last e-mail I sent you all, and asked to try out. David actually contacted me back in 2006 when I was trying to put together a band to perform my solo CD Starship Universe but circumstances were not right at the time for him to start driving down to Richmond to play. After some good e-mails and a couple of good phone conversations, David took it on himself to obtain the recordings and learn them, and showed up here on April 17.  He played the music as if he'd been in the band since 2006. It was a perfectly fitting puzzle piece. Some of what we've learned about each other has convinced me that the invisible Hand was once again at work in bringing him to us.

Like the other three members of KE David's "musical resume" is sparse. All of us had to wait a very long time to be able to be in a prog rock band. All we can say is, we're doing it now. We ask, as always, for your support, and will do all we can to earn it.

We will be putting our live show back together and are very interested now in playing out. If you can help us find a show we'd like to hear from you. You guys are the reason we exist. Thanks for your patience. I can't wait to start doing new music with this newly energized Kinetic Element.

Mike Visaggio

KINETIC ELEMENT
Mike Visaggio      keyboards, vocals
Michael Murray    drums, vocals
Todd Russell        guitar
David Donlon        bass

www.kineticelement.com
www.myspace.com/kineticelement
www.sonicbids.com/kineticelement
www.mikevisaggio.com
A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission!

www.facebook.com/kineticelementband
miketheorganist View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2010 at 13:54
Disaster but maybe for the better

David left us early this month after seven weeks. He felt we were not compatible. However nothing we could say could persuade him to change his mind.

So we are back to being a trio and we're looking at using a virtual bass player, taking Tony's bass tracks from the CD and rehearsing with them. We saw Days Before Tomorrow do that at the ROSfest afterparty, and it seemed to work for them. We're also back to rehearsing as a trio with Old Mikey doing keyboard bass. It sounded pretty good last rehearsal but we're not sure whether we want to play for prog conoisseurs like that.

I'll keep you few who are following us posted here.
Thanks for your support ... if you have enjoyed the Powered by Light CD please tell the forum. There are some good reviews that have been posted here!

Mike V.

A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission!

www.facebook.com/kineticelementband
 Post Reply Post Reply