Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedBill Bruford on TV

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bill Bruford on TV
    Posted: May 08 2010 at 10:23

According to his official website Bill will be featured on a 6 part BBC2 documentary called ‘I’m In a Rock ‘n’ Roll Band!’ The third episode will focus on drummers and will air on Saturday May 15th.

Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 11:49
"If" Bill Bruford "laid an egg it would roll down the back of the television set." Tongue

Edited by Slartibartfast - May 08 2010 at 13:52
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Tarquin Underspoon View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 13:10
You don't stamp Bill Bruford "property of the zoo".
"WAAAAAAOOOOOUGH!    WAAAAAAAUUUUGGHHHH!!   WAAAAAOOOO!!!"

-The Great Gig in the Sky
The-time-is-now View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 14:11
Hope someone will give a summary.

One of my best achievements in life was to find this picture :D
Kojak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 16:20
They so far have done singers and guitarists in the series, the drummers episode should be amusing.  
Adams Bolero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 12:24
Very disappointing show. Bill was only seen a few times and it spent too much time on the usual suspects like Keith Moon and John Bonham.  
Here is Bill's opinion of the show:
Vibrationbaby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 12:54
Originally posted by Slartibartfast Slartibartfast wrote:

"If" Bill Bruford "laid an egg it would roll down the back of the television set." Tongue
Let's hope he doesn't explode.
Lizzy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 13:07
Originally posted by Adams Bolero Adams Bolero wrote:

Very disappointing show. Bill was only seen a few times and it spent too much time on the usual suspects like Keith Moon and John Bonham.  
Here is Bill's opinion of the show:

I actually found it more entertaining than the singer and guitarist episodes. It had a bit of Bill, a bit of Roger Taylor and a bit more of Carl Palmer. You can't blame the BBC people for focusing more on Moon and Bonham, because after all, they are still cited by almost every durmmer out there as their influence or among the influences and the public they're addressing to is not composed necessarily of prog fans. It is worth watching the show simply for Bill's remark regarding Keith and John's deaths (if you can't skip directly to that part). The man's awesome (as per usual).
Property of Queen Productions...
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 14:29
Tommy lee got a little too much air time, imo, although I cant fault his showmanship. Just sad he's in such an awful band!

The show focussed on the usual suspects, but you'd expect that from the beeb. Many viewers wouldn't have known who Bruford or Palmer were. At least the beeb made a documentary about prog. That was pretty good.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Tony R View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 14:59
Originally posted by Blacksword Blacksword wrote:

Tommy lee got a little too much air time, imo, although I cant fault his showmanship. Just sad he's in such an awful band!

The show focussed on the usual suspects, but you'd expect that from the beeb. Many viewers wouldn't have known who Bruford or Palmer were. At least the beeb made a documentary about prog. That was pretty good.

Was it?

I seem to recall about 5 minutes on Punk and 2 solidly middle class men; John Peel and Charles Shaar Murray, mocking Prog audiences for being composed of...middle class boys.

If I remember correctly when I was at Grammar School the working class lads were into Metal and Prog and the Middle Class lads were in to Punk and Glam.

Anyway I digress. I'm glad Bruford was embarrassed about being associated with that programme, he should be.

Adams Bolero View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 15:19
Originally posted by Tony R Tony R wrote:

Was it?

I seem to recall about 5 minutes on Punk and 2 solidly middle class men; John Peel and Charles Shaar Murray, mocking Prog audiences for being composed of...middle class boys.

If I remember correctly when I was at Grammar School the working class lads were into Metal and Prog and the Middle Class lads were in to Punk and Glam.

Anyway I digress. I'm glad Bruford was embarrassed about being associated with that programme, he should be.

I think your referring to a Documentary called Prog Rock Time shift. They also did a documentary called Prog Rock Britannia which was excellent and gave a very positive view on Prog Rock.

Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2010 at 15:22
Originally posted by Adams Bolero Adams Bolero wrote:

Originally posted by Tony R Tony R wrote:

Tommy lee got a little too much air time, imo, although I cant fault his showmanship. Just sad he's in such an awful band! The show focussed on the usual suspects, but you'd expect that from the beeb. Many viewers wouldn't have known who Bruford or Palmer were. At least the beeb made a documentary about prog. That was pretty good.
Was it?I seem to recall about 5 minutes on Punk and 2 solidly middle class men; John Peel and Charles Shaar Murray, mocking Prog audiences for being composed of...middle class boys.If I remember correctly when I was at Grammar School the working class lads were into Metal and Prog and the Middle Class lads were in to Punk and Glam.Anyway I digress. I'm glad Bruford was embarrassed about being associated with that programme, he should be.

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt" =Msonormal><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>I think your referring to a Documentary called Prog Rock Time shift. They also did a documentary called Prog Rock Britannia which was excellent and gave a very positive view on Prog Rock.

Yes, I was referring to Prog Rock Britannia.
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
 Post Reply Post Reply