Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Suggest New Bands and Artists
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedAcid Empire - UK Orchestral/Prog/Metal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acid Empire - UK Orchestral/Prog/Metal
    Posted: May 11 2010 at 16:49
 Acid Empire - UK Orchestral/Prog-Metal.

The Debut single release is called 'Only The Weak/Denial', a double track single reaching 12:09 in length available from all digital distributors.

Free track streaming from Spotify -  Acid Empire – Only The Weak/Denial

'Official Web-site info'

Acid Empire is a project founded by contemporary composer Mike Bridge. It is aimed as an expression of originality in song form, compositional style, instrumentation and lyrical content, trying to come up with something completely unique. The style includes sections of orchestral motifs, gripping dissonances and powerful resolutions. Underlying this is the compositional style of someone who is obviously influenced by the Metal genre.

The songs do away with traditional layout (i.e. verse chorus verse chorus) in favor of trying something new, there are still verse and chorus involved, but the somgs resemble something more like a peice of classical music where the main melodies progress into new melodies throuought.

The first Single release, 'Only The Weak/Denial' were two songs written for the upcoming album which is currently in the recording proccess. The next release planned is another single 'Would You Do It Again', which follows in the orchestral/metal style, due for release July of this year.

Members/Collaborators:

Mike Bridge - Guitars/Bass/Composer

James Smith - Drums

Jack Lipinski - Vocals

David Stanton - Guitars

David Stanton, James Smith and Mike Bridge are also members of Gothic/Prog Metal band - Season's End
theelectricmike View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2010 at 17:09
Not sure if I was meant to upload the song to rapidshare or anything.. most people have spotify now don't they?
 There is also a 3 minute stream of the songs on the intro to the official site too.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 01:38
You mean you don't have a MySpace? Tongue Spotify doesn't even work in many countries, and for sampling many people (like me) prefr to use free streaming services (such as MySpace, Last.fm or YouTube) instead of Spotify. Anyway, the band will be evaluated after the first album is released - having one full release is a mandatory condition for inclusion in the database. Make sure to let us know when that happens.
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 03:09
Ah thanks, I was a bit confused by that, the unsigned bands said apply here if you have no official releases, but there is one, just not a full album! I guess i'll re-apply when the album has been released!
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 03:16
That's cool. And don't forget to set up a MySpace account, too Smile
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 07:32
Thanks! To be honest I didn't think anyone used myspace anymore so I chose to stream the song on facebook instead, but now you mention it I'll be sure to add the project to myspace soon! I'll edit this post once I have done so :). Thanks for the info!
 Post Reply Post Reply