Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedArchaia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Archaia
    Posted: May 12 2010 at 16:34
I've finally checked out this album (been on my "to do" list for years) in the course of my duties on my NWW List blog and, I must say, it's a corker, innit? I love the spacey, psychy feel. Puts me in mind of Guapo's Elixirs in that respect.

Also, will Soleil Zeuhl ever consider whipping up some more CD copies? I'd love to get hold of one, along with Dun's magnificent Eros, which has also been OOP for a while now.

Edited by Trouserpress - May 12 2010 at 16:35
SaltyJon View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 16:50
I emailed Alain about more copies of Archaïa's album, he said it's possible either next year or in 2012.  As for Dün's album...well, that one I have no clue, as I got lucky and bought it a while back. 
A Person View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 16:58
I love the guitar on that album, so nice.
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 16:59
Yeah, I don't know why it's so hard for Soliel Zeuhl to keep the albums that people actually want in print, they've only released 25 albums in the past 12 years, and he even said in the interview that Dun was his best seller. todd told me that he asked Alain about it and he said that he might reissue it again because he wants to remix it.
if you own a sodastream i hate you
Falx View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 20:20
I love that album. Arachnoid's self-titled album is also worth checking out.

=F=
"You must go beyond the limit of the limit of your limits!" - Mr. Doctor
"It is our duty as men and women to proceed as though the limits of our abilities do not exist." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Logan View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Site Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2010 at 20:36
^ Arachnoid's was a favourite of mine some years ago (and was my fave album included in Symph).

Some years ago while in Zeuhl completest mode I got Archaia.  I certainly enjoyed it, but was somewhat disappointed at the time (seemed a little "thin" back then), but considering how my tastes have progressed over the last years, I should re-listen to it.  I got so many albums back then that I didn't always give myself a chance to thoroughly absorb the music.
Just a fanboy passin' through.
The Hemulen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2010 at 01:57
Originally posted by Logan Logan wrote:

^ Arachnoid's was a favourite of mine some years ago (and was my fave album included in Symph).

Some years ago while in Zeuhl completest mode I got Archaia.  I certainly enjoyed it, but was somewhat disappointed at the time (seemed a little "thin" back then), but considering how my tastes have progressed over the last years, I should re-listen to it.  I got so many albums back then that I didn't always give myself a chance to thoroughly absorb the music.

That happens to us all at times, I think. One's reaction to an album can be so dependant on context - your state of mind, your environment, etc. I'd say settle down in a dark, lonely room with this one and it'll come to life.
 Post Reply Post Reply