Progarchives.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum SearchSearch  Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedThe Watch in Belgium

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Newbie (< 5 posts)
Forum Newbie (< 5 posts)

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Watch in Belgium
    Posted: May 18 2010 at 04:44
Hi guys !

First time on this forum, i have to admit it.
The Watch will play the Foxtrot album from Genesis on june 12th, in the south of Belgium (Arlon).

I do like Genesis, but i've never heard about "the watch". DOes anyone of you will come for this gig, or has already seem the Watch live? In fact, i live in Belgium but pretty far away from this venue, that's why i'm hesitating. And why i need your opinion about this gig/band. Thank you very mutch !

nicolas

Edited by 13moons - May 18 2010 at 04:45
JemJem714 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Online Status: Offline
Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2010 at 07:45
I'm going to the same gig next month here in the UK. It seems to be that The Watch are being heralded as "the next Genesis" but I don't really see the similarities that much. As a band, I was expecting them to be amazing, but I was pretty disappointed after listening to their albums. Their music is ok, but the lead singer's (Simone Rosetti) vocals kind of grate on me a little. Some of their songs are pretty good, but there's no way in hell that they should be put in the same league as Genesis; their sound is really different in my opinion. A couple of their songs are on Youtube - have a listen!

I think they'll be good live though and I can't wait to see them performing Foxtrot Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply