Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Obsidian Conspiracy
    Posted: June 03 2010 at 14:35
Originally posted by angelmk angelmk wrote:

The Obsidian Conspiracy rocks. One of the year's best so far. I also wonder why this band isn't in the archives yet. 

Yeah, I brought it up once a few years ago (Nevermore for consideration) and was shot down. Usually  I mess around on here but I was serious about it, maybe I'll try again....

And as a metal head I dont mind that its less prog, just figured its worth a mention. But yes, its another great album. All the albums I have from them, (which is all but one) are GREAT. And this godless endeavor is perfection. Amazing band
aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 14:29
not impressed at first, but is slowly growing on me

certainly more direct, shorter tracks, and probably less ''prog'' - however, the quality seems to be there
TheClosing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 13:52
Originally posted by Dorsalia Dorsalia wrote:

Originally posted by Petrovsk Mizinski Petrovsk Mizinski wrote:

Nevermore seem to deliver exceptionally good song writing album after album and have been doing so since Dead Heart In a Dead World IMO, and this album is no exception.
No, it ain't as "prog" as This Godless Endeavor, but I don't care really. The songs are good and that's what matters.

I can't see why you wouldn't include Dreaming Neon Black.

Of course, I love everything they've released except for the first one and Enemies of Reality, which I find kind of lacklustre at times. 
Agreed, but I'd add this record in with the lackluster pile. A few good tracks, but nothing we haven't heard the band do before. I actually find it to be a step backwards from Godless. Kind of expected as much since I was wondering how they were going to top it after hearing it. After five years this just seems like a lot of the juice has run dry. 
Dorsalia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 13:19
Originally posted by Petrovsk Mizinski Petrovsk Mizinski wrote:

Nevermore seem to deliver exceptionally good song writing album after album and have been doing so since Dead Heart In a Dead World IMO, and this album is no exception.
No, it ain't as "prog" as This Godless Endeavor, but I don't care really. The songs are good and that's what matters.

I can't see why you wouldn't include Dreaming Neon Black.

Of course, I love everything they've released except for the first one and Enemies of Reality, which I find kind of lacklustre at times. 
"Es ist übrigens unmöglich, eine Meinung zu haben, ohne dass es unerfreuliche Überschneidungen gibt. Die Grünen sind für den deutschen Wald, die NPD ebenfalls."

angelmk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 08:18
The Obsidian Conspiracy rocks. One of the year's best so far. I also wonder why this band isn't in the archives yet. 
www.last.fm/user/angelmk
Petrovsk Mizinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2010 at 05:46

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2010 at 20:25
Ouch, sorry to hear that!
Well, hope you can manage to get your hands on it. Also, from a quick listen through (too busy to really sit down and listen) it seems less progressive then others, a lot thrashier. But it's there, no doubt.
Dorsalia View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2010 at 18:43
I am waiting to get my hands on that CD. Problem is, I have to order it online and the shipping costs can be a bitch. Plus, what I order doesn't always get to me. The workers of the Chilean postal service have yet to prove they can be trusted.

U.U

Edited by Dorsalia - June 02 2010 at 18:44
"Es ist übrigens unmöglich, eine Meinung zu haben, ohne dass es unerfreuliche Überschneidungen gibt. Die Grünen sind für den deutschen Wald, die NPD ebenfalls."

JJLehto View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2010 at 18:36
By one the best bands out there, (and still not on here but I wont bitch about that). Wasn't due to release in the US till June 8th, but my music store had it today!
Only gave it a quick listen but my god, this music is brilliant and Van Williams is one of the best drummers in metal, that probably no one knows.
 Post Reply Post Reply