Topic ClosedIron Maiden Dallas Setlist

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iron Maiden Dallas Setlist
    Posted: June 10 2010 at 11:14
Setlist from the Dallas show last night.....Some great selections...Although I am tired of hearing "Iron Maiden" at every concert.
The Wicker Man
Ghost Of The Navigator
Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
El Dorado
Paschendale
The Reincarnation Of Benjamin Breeg
These Colours Don't Run
Blood Brothers
Wildest Dreams
No More Lies
Brave New World
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden

Number Of The Beast
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Running Free

Rawks
Jim Garten View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin & Razor Guru

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2010 at 11:21
Originally posted by Catcher10 Catcher10 wrote:

Although I am tired of hearing "Iron Maiden" at every concert

Imagine how sick they are of playing it...

Jon Lord 1941 - 2012
Blacksword View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 07:36
I hardly know any of those songs, I stopped listening to Maiden around the time of Seventh Son..

I only recently saw that concert they played in Mumbai (Flight 666 film?) and I thought they still sounded fantastic. Good to see Dickenson still running around the stage, while singing at his age! Good performances all round, but I'm so out of touch with what they've done in more recent years. From the snippets I've heard here and there, I'm feeling I've not missed much...?

Edited by Blacksword - June 15 2010 at 10:07
Ultimately bored by endless ecstasy!
Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 09:40
That's a brilliant setlist, too bad I'm not going to see them this summer even though they're playing in Finland. Great to see some recent stuff in there, though I could trade for example Wildest Dreams to something else. At the second show of the tour they replaced Thousand Suns with Wrathchild, which I thought was pretty lame. Paschendale was replaced by Dance of Death, both great songs.
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 17:06
These certainly are more "prog" IM songs than say Run to the Hills or Iron Maiden. I am really looking forward to hearing these more epic IM songs....Yea I could do without hearing Wrathchild, much prefer 1000 Suns. Prefer Paschendale over Dance of Death.......Hopefully June 22 show is the right setlist!! Either way good to hear some of the newer stuff live!!
So far some of the Youtube stuff looks real good.....the new single is great too.
Drew View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2010 at 13:04
What's DT's set list? 

Pekka View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2010 at 14:27
The last four shows listed in setlist.fm all have this set, quite good for such a short opener set if you ask me:

1. As I Am 
  2. A Rite Of Passage 
  3. Home 
  4. Constant Motion 
  5. Panic Attack 
  6. Pull Me Under

Edited by Pekka - June 20 2010 at 14:29
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 12:47
Well last night at White River Amphitheater (Auburn, WA) was simply a prog metal feast for the ears and eyes.

Dream Theater played the same set as noted above since the start of this tour with Iron Maiden. They were very tight, Petrucci as usual never missed a beat. Portnoy was on target on all 6 songs, jumped twice between his huge kit. Only issues for him was slippery hands with the sticks, dropped 3-4.
LaBrie sounded very good, Myung was excellent and Rudess played well but his sound was muffled quite a bit except on Home.

Maiden was well Maiden....Would never think these guys have been playing for 30yrs. All of them sounded great....Nicko McBrain played better than I have ever seen him play...he was excellent. Bruce sounded amazing! Other than a few times where his mic went in and out...Sound was flawless.
Stage, lighting, backdrops were excellent...no pyro but the lighting made up for it.
This setlist was made up of their more epic/progressive tunes. Paschendale for me was the highlight and the new song El Dorado was fantastic live.
IM played just shy of 2 hours.....All n all a great show.
With 5 being perfect no issues....This gets a 4.8 only due to the mic issues.

Enjoy to those that might be seeing this tour coming to your town soon.
VonSchlemmer View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2010 at 05:52
Great to see El Dorado in there Smile
Harry Hood View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 26 2010 at 00:32
That's the weakest Maiden setlist ever. Powerslave is serverly under represented. How the hell do they not play The Trooper? Can I play With Madness? Run To The Hills? Flight Of Icarus? Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner? Any two of the preceeding included would have made it a much better set. I'm glad I didn't go.

RAGE

On the other hand, that Dream Theater set is alright. I would've liked to have seen that if I was already seeing Maiden. And Maiden were playing their good songs.

Edited by Harry Hood - July 26 2010 at 00:33
AtomicCrimsonRush View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2010 at 05:00
Originally posted by Harry Hood Harry Hood wrote:

That's the weakest Maiden setlist ever. Powerslave is serverly under represented. How the hell do they not play The Trooper? Can I play With Madness? Run To The Hills? Flight Of Icarus? Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner? Any two of the preceeding included would have made it a much better set. I'm glad I didn't go.

RAGE

On the other hand, that Dream Theater set is alright. I would've liked to have seen that if I was already seeing Maiden. And Maiden were playing their good songs.
I was about to mention these Powerslave track too! They should have at least done Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner. Oh well,m they must have their reasons...
Kashmir75 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2010 at 03:24
They played the 80s classic stuff on their last tour. They even released a DVD of it for those who want to hear that stuff. I'm glad they made up a setlist of the post 2000 Adrian and Bruce reunion era albums. I actually like all of their post 2000 output. They seem to get more and more proggy with each record. I like the long epic Maiden tracks. Got Final Frontier yesterday. It's great so far. 

That's a short DT setlist, but a pretty good one.
Hello, mirror. So glad to see you, my friend. It's been a while...
Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2010 at 11:11
I'm a huge fan and the new one will be an automatic purchase.My daughter saw them in Ottawa in July and while she's not really a fan she lamented on how much Bruce kept promting and plugging the new album.Like they need the money.LOL
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Catcher10 View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 17 2010 at 14:17
Originally posted by AtomicCrimsonRush AtomicCrimsonRush wrote:

Originally posted by Harry Hood Harry Hood wrote:

RAGE

I was about to mention these Powerslave track too! They should have at least done Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner. Oh well,m they must have their reasons...

As mentioned, the 2008 Somewhere Back In Time Tour was the older classic stuff from Powerslave, Piece of Mind era......I would not have liked this Final Frontier warmup tour to be that setlist again......These newer songs from Dance of Death and AMOLAD.....were simply awesome to hear live. Being that all the songs were more epic, I do think Rhyme/Mariner would have fit nicely.......I suspect the Final Frontier Tour next year will include some of the classics everyone is bitchin about hearing.
Either way it will be great to see them again!
Rawks 
 Post Reply Post Reply