Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Recommendations/Featured albums
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Would a defective copy of Phaedra be worth a lot?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWould a defective copy of Phaedra be worth a lot?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Pilkenton View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would a defective copy of Phaedra be worth a lot?
    Posted: June 23 2010 at 09:45
I had an Alan Parsons Project cassette that had side one on both sides.  When i returned it to the store, they accused me of taping over side two.
Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 04:31
Originally posted by Atavachron Atavachron wrote:

the butcher cover doesn't bring it in anymore?  aw man, I remember when that was the holy grail.. how things've changed, and me with that stash of Beatles Bedsheets  (that's a little collectors joke)

My old buddy Ray there at Grooves in SF had about 4 or 5 up on the wall. I bet they are still there, I don't recall him ever selling a one even though they were priced quite a bit below the inflated book value.
Atavachron View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 03:02
the butcher cover doesn't bring it in anymore?  aw man, I remember when that was the holy grail.. how things've changed, and me with that stash of Beatles Bedsheets  (that's a little collectors joke)

Dean View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin and Amateur Layabout

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 02:11
Originally posted by Easy Money Easy Money wrote:

Not a whole lot, I'm a record collector and I would imagine a copy with the correct sides would probably fetch more, but only if it was in really good condition.
I agree - to a Prog fan you're only getting half an album - you'd want to pay half as much for it. Only collectors of missprint albums would be interested and they are rarer than missprint albums.
What?
uduwudu View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2010 at 01:21
I once heard of a copy of In The Court having one side of KC and the other Status Quo.

One can only imagine the disappointment ... depending on who was supposed to be heard...
Slartibartfast View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / In Memoriam

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 13:26
I think you might want to listen to that twice. Tongue
My most recent botched purchase was a copy of Jarre's Equinoxe that was actually a best of album.  It had the label and packaging for the album I ordered but it was definitely not Equinoxe.  I also had this LP of PFM's Cook (aka Live In The USA) that was pressed in what I can only describe as an oval by the way it played.
Released date are often when it it impacted you but recorded dates are when it really happened...

Easy Money View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 11:12
Not a whole lot, I'm a record collector and I would imagine a copy with the correct sides would probably fetch more, but only if it was in really good condition.

Just because something is weird or unusual does not neccessarily mean it is worth a lot of money. You might want to look into the infamous Beatles 'butcher cover' for an oddity that supposedly has a high value.
Unfortunately even this over-rated item does not bring a lot of buyers anymore.

Edited by Easy Money - June 15 2010 at 11:14
TheGrandWazoo123 View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 15 2010 at 10:42
Of money, that is.

That question I asked about Phaedra before...well, it just so happened that I was too idiotic to notice that both sides had the same music on them. Confused

That's right, no "Phaedra", but two of "Mysterious Semblance at the Strand of Nightmares", two of "Movements of a Visionary", and two of "Sequent C".

How much would this go for on eBay, do you think?
"When God created Republicans, he gave up on everything else."
- Frank Zappa
 Post Reply Post Reply