Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
warrplayer View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mirror People
    Posted: May 05 2011 at 19:16
The band is well aware of the O'Rang album, and there are no legal issues. Wink Thanks though!
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 16:31
Nice to know about the label and the CD! I wish you all the best of luck.

BTW, .O.rang have released an album called "Herd Of Instinct" back in 1994, I think, you should check out for possible legal implications. They were a band consisting of former members of Talk Talk.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 14:27
well, Mirror People had to change their name due to a dance/dj/techno outfit releasing product before we got ours out.
But, we finally got a label and the CD is manufactured and on the way to major prog retailers.  The new name is  Herd of Instinct.

HERD OF INSTINCT debut release on FIREPOOL RECORDS due out 5/17/2011

The debut CD by Herd of Instinct is completed and will be released on Tuesday
5/17/2011 on the Djam Karet label Firepool Records! This self-titled release is
truly for fans of King Crimson, Steve Tibbetts, Djam Karet and the big picture
music. Special guests on this album include Djam Karet guitarist Gayle Ellett,
Pat Mastelotto (King Crimson), Jerry Marotta (Peter Gabriel), Gavin Harrison
(Porcupine Tree),Markus Reuter (Stickmen, Tuner, Centrozoon), and Martin McCall(Hands).
For now you can be treated to a few music samples here:
http://www.Herdofinstinct.com

Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 11:40
Heard that one before. It's indeed true. However, often an e-mail with links to MP3s or MySpace is quicker, at least with the smaller prog labels I've been in touch with (not for my band, but when promoting unsigned bands from here).
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2010 at 09:23
Hopefully going to make it. We have finally received a few label offers which we are looking over. We had mailed out CDs to labels around April. By mid July we figured no one was interested, and started making plans to self release. Anyway, have since talked to some of the labels and they said they have huge 'slush' piles of  unsolicited CDs mailed to them and it can take months before anything sent in gets listened to.  Just in case some of you are getting close to finishing an album. You may want to send out some demo Cds with songs even before you finish the entire CD.
Angelo View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2010 at 16:42
Yay, another one that's going to make it.
ISKC Rock Radio
I stopped blogging and reviewing - so won't be handling requests. Promo's for ariplay can be sent to [email protected]
Windhawk View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2010 at 15:06
If/when the album gets released please PM me. You are cleared for inclusion, but can't add you until an album is out ;-)
Websites I work with:

http://www.progressor.net
http://www.houseofprog.com

My profile on Mixcloud:
https://www.mixcloud.com/haukevind/
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 17:25
Originally posted by DocDan DocDan wrote:

I have one small criticism, at times I feel like a central "lead" focal point could be brought  out of the mix a bit more - the lines that feel like they should be in focus are slightly lost.

Amazing. You just singled in on the one and only area where the producer and the band didn't see eye to eye! I'm not going to go tell them I told you so though. (But, I will certainly do so if there's a follow up!) Thanks for your kind words.

DocDan View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2010 at 16:55

Listened to this via Myspace.  Very nice. I'm getting later King Crimson, with shades of Peter Gabriel's "up" album and bits of heaviness thrown in. (I feel like a pretentious wine-taster who says things like "I'm getting leaves in autumn, etc"...) 

The overall feeling is of a dark, warm place, comforting and gentle despite the heavy elements, as a whole I feel it washes over me nicely.  Very competently played and realized, with nice textural changes. Especially I like the good rhythms, overall a thing of beauty.

I have one small criticism, at times I feel like a central "lead" focal point could be brought  out of the mix a bit more - the lines that feel like they should be in focus are slightly lost. This applies to the occasional vocal as well

The purple music project is an instrumental prog rock project.
http://www.purplemusic.org

Dan
AFBerk010 View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2010 at 10:31
That's some really great stuff you've got there. If you wouldn't mind would you take a look and comment on some upstarts music so that we might be able to attain the quality that you guys have attained. Our stuff is located at http://www.divshare.com/download/11767014-570. Also, the page that I set up for our stuff on here is titled "Feedback for my band". Thanks for putting out such good music.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 09:40
Originally posted by harmonium.ro harmonium.ro wrote:

Just gave a first listen to this material, excellent album! Nice mix of influences with an excellent end result. I'd put this album somewhere in the Crimson universe, and I'd add this band to Eclectic when the album is released.
My impression is that Gavin is playing on Possession... Am I wrong? Tongue I thought I recognize his style.

Gavin plays on Possession (good ears) and Vibrissa. Pat Mastelotto plays on Anamnesis, and Jerry Marotta on Blood Sky. Don't feel bad for our drummer Jason though. He's usually playing keyboards or melodic percussion if he isn't on the kit.
harmonium.ro View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 21 2010 at 04:46
Just gave a first listen to this material, excellent album! Nice mix of influences with an excellent end result. I'd put this album somewhere in the Crimson universe, and I'd add this band to Eclectic when the album is released.
My impression is that Gavin is playing on Possession... Am I wrong? Tongue I thought I recognize his style.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 18:17
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Now checking your MySpace stuffs, great enthusiastic progressive ones! Clap

Thanks, Damo

I see you're in Japan. If you can recommend any good Japanese labels that might be a fit for this style of prog we would much appreciate it!

Dave

Warrplayer
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 18:11
Now checking your MySpace stuffs, great enthusiastic progressive ones! Clap
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2010 at 15:55
Hello all,

I posted this in the general section, but this is probably a better place to put it. I just finished producing the debut cd by the band Mirror People, comprised of members of 99 names of god, Hands, and Nerveworks. We are undecided whether to go with a label or self release. In the mean time we have decided to post the entire cd on our myspace page. Guest artists include Pat Mastelotto (King Crimson, XTC), Jerry Marotta (Peter Gabriel), Gavin Harrison (Porcupine Tree), Markus Reuter (Tuner, Centrozoon), Gayle Ellett (Djam Karet, Fernwood), Kris Swenson (99 names of god)

Mirror People on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

comments and constructive (or destructive) criticism from prog fans would be most welcome.

Thanks!
Dave

Warrplayer
 Post Reply Post Reply