Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedWhat Happened to Echolyn?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2014 at 10:40
right on its the best news roll along 2015... LOL
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2014 at 11:57
Originally posted by Argonaught Argonaught wrote:

Originally posted by Andy Webb Andy Webb wrote:

It took them seven years to make their last album, I would give them some time. Wink

Should we call this "The Änglagård Creative Process"

LOL That would be an apt name, methinks. 
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2015 at 13:56
its always special albums once the guys put it out...

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2015 at 10:42
the albums I`ve gotten out to blast ATW/Echo2012 Wink

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2015 at 10:57
see we`ve still gotten to hear the release date of the new album. but I`ve been using the time playing there fine bodies of work...LOL

Music Is Live

<
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2015 at 21:13

Echolyn last album was released in 2012, they are brilliant and unlike Anglagard who have great talent too (although not the band's fault) they do rating manipulation thus scoring themselves high (nothing wrong with that) however also score other bands on purpose very low, undeservingly so, Echolyn never did this, their ratings are by pure merit!Approve Outstanding musicians, who like most musicians do work very hard, also they are most talented, happy and so exciting too! Thumbs Up I Heart them a lot!

geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2015 at 10:17
yes they are but when will the new album see the light of day in 2015...

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 28 2015 at 07:01
I`m Broken Heart with this waiting for the new album...

Music Is Live

<
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2015 at 02:28
well I`m surfing the forum and listening to Echolyn 2012...

Music Is Live

<
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2015 at 11:59
Last night ProgScape Radio did a three hour show dedicated to Echolyn. Throughout the show they played the entire new album, complete with commentary about each song, the writing process, and recording by Brett and Chris. 

Go to progscaperadio.com and check it out!!
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

miamiscot View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2015 at 17:54
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Echolyn last album was released in 2012, they are brilliant and unlike Anglagard who have great talent too (although not the band's fault) they do rating manipulation thus scoring themselves high (nothing wrong with that) however also score other bands on purpose very low, undeservingly so, Echolyn never did this, their ratings are by pure merit!Approve Outstanding musicians, who like most musicians do work very hard, also they are most talented, happy and so exciting too! Thumbs Up I Heart them a lot!

I'm shocked to hear this!!! Well, I guess I'm not but wtf?
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2015 at 12:53
Originally posted by miamiscot miamiscot wrote:

I have no idea what she's talking about; I've never heard of Anglagard manipulating our ratings... they've been around for almost 25 years, I have no idea why they would care about their rating on our website. LOL

Edited by Andy Webb - July 17 2015 at 12:54
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2015 at 20:22

I have no idea what she's talking about; I've never heard of Anglagard manipulating our ratings... they've been around for almost 25 years, I have no idea why they would care about their rating on our website. LOL

Andy surely you are not that naïve. This happens in the music industry, it's the norm really the record labels do this all the time! And yes if a band has constantly new members rating their album 5 stars meanwhile same new members rating other top 10 albums one or two stars this is manipulation. Many have been resolved tho' thanks to collabs here. Luckily bands I am connected with did not suffer much on those ratings because they were not in the top 10.  
Horizons View Drop Down
Collaborator
Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2015 at 21:02
Silly Andy. 

We will let it slide this time.

Wink
Crushed like a rose in the riverflow.
Andy Webb View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 20 2015 at 23:09

Andy surely you are not that naïve. This happens in the music industry, it's the norm really the record labels do this all the time! And yes if a band has constantly new members rating their album 5 stars meanwhile same new members rating other top 10 albums one or two stars this is manipulation. Many have been resolved tho' thanks to collabs here. Luckily bands I am connected with did not suffer much on those ratings because they were not in the top 10.  

Yes, I am well aware ratings manipulation happens, but it's usually manifested in one of two ways - 1) a user rates a huge number of releases as 5 stars or 1 star or 2) a lesser-known band makes several accounts to bolster their album(s)' ratings. 

As for Anglagard, their three albums have nearly 3,000 ratings between them. Even if the band made 500 extra accounts to rate their albums, the actual star rating would barely budge. The PA rating system weighs ratings so low that a single user on a popular album has nearly no effect on the actual rating. 

If you've found some evidence that this occurred I'd love to take a look at it, but I am highly skeptical that Anglagard has any manipulation (and if they do, why doesn't Echolyn? Your logic should apply there as well).
echolynfan View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2015 at 21:53
echolyn's new album is being released on July 31st - you can get a HQ Lossless download from:

https://echolyn.bandcamp.com/

or the cd at CDBaby.com or other fine prog retailers!

In the meantime - here's track 4 from "i heard you listening" in uncompressed 24 bit wav:

The album IMO is their best work to date!
" Fashions and fads a fictitious flirtation the foremost foundation to fit in" - echolyn (As The World)

My Facebook page please LIKE and share! https://www.facebook.com/echolynfan?ref=hl

infocat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2015 at 22:11
If you'd pre-ordered it you could have it already, like I do!  Big smile
--
Frank Swarbrick
Belief is not Truth.
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 23 2015 at 23:23

Yes, I am well aware ratings manipulation happens, but it's usually manifested in one of two ways - 1) a user rates a huge number of releases as 5 stars or 1 star or 2) a lesser-known band makes several accounts to bolster their album(s)' ratings. 

As for Anglagard, their three albums have nearly 3,000 ratings between them. Even if the band made 500 extra accounts to rate their albums, the actual star rating would barely budge. The PA rating system weighs ratings so low that a single user on a popular album has nearly no effect on the actual rating. 

If you've found some evidence that this occurred I'd love to take a look at it, but I am highly skeptical that Anglagard has any manipulation (and if they do, why doesn't Echolyn? Your logic should apply there as well).
Andy it's not the bands fault, even I cannot deny that they are so SO wow good, I love them actually no doubt their moozik even excites me. However their ratings over 800 is a touch exaggerated especially if most who rated them came rated them 5 stars and others low then disappeared. This was long ago and certainly not by the band I sincerely doubt that, those numbers to be honest even without prior proof do speak for themselves, a band having over 800 ratings for one single album not even Pink Floyd gets one third of that. We must remember that peeps need to rate them here :)
The only flaw I see here on PA is that anyone can come and rate albums without registering their name or email. This does not exist on other sites as far as I know?  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456