Topic ClosedKorn to headline Metal Hammer Festival 2010

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator / Retired Admin

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Korn to headline Metal Hammer Festival 2010
    Posted: July 12 2010 at 03:33

Metal Mind Productions presents Metal Hammer Festival 2010!

The new edition of the festival will take place on 27th August in Spodek Hall, Katowice (Poland) and will be headlined by the revolutionary multi-platinum, Grammy award-winning rockers – KoRn!!! Other bands confirmed are: Opeth, Pain Of Salvation, Katatonia, Riverside and Votum!! One more band is yet to be announce...

Korn’s headlining show at the Metal Hammer Festival 2010 will be their first European gig after the release of their brand new album “Korn III – Remember Who You Are”!!!!!

Over the course of eight full-length releases, Korn have sold in excess of 30 million albums and played countless sold-out shows worldwide. They’ve won two Grammys – one for Best Short Form Video for “Freak on a Leash” from 1998’s Follow The Leader and one for Best Metal Performance for “Here to Stay” from 2002’s Untouchables – and have launched a massively successful festival of their own, The Family Values Tour. However, despite all their massive success and accolades. Korn haven’t lost hold of the savage, raw energy that made them such a crucial band for diehard rock and metal fans. Korn are one of the preeminent voices of this generation. Their ninth offering, “Korn III – Remember Who You Are”, is scheduled for release on 12th July. The album strikes the balance between their past and their future, as it finds the band reuniting with producer Ross Robinson, who manned the boards for their first two albums.

Opeth is a Swedish heavy metal band from Stockholm, formed in 1990. While the band has been through several personnel changes, singer, guitarist, and songwriter Mikael Åkerfeldt has remained Opeth's driving force since joining promptly after its formation. While firmly rooted in Scandinavian death metal, Opeth has consistently incorporated influence by progressive music, folk, blues rock and free form jazz into their usually-lengthy compositions. Many compositions include acoustic guitar interludes and strong dynamic shifts, as well as both growling and clean vocals. With their ninth, most recent effort, album “Watershed”, Opeth continue to shake things up, turn the corner and push the limits of their sound. And the results are breathtaking. Ultimately, “Watershed” sounds at once completely like and absolutely nothing like previous Opeth records. “Watershed” takes all that is Opeth, and goes where Opeth have never gone before. It’s an album that combines brute, blunt force with whimsical, melodic beauty. The album was recorded in the band’s native Sweden and was produced by Åkerfeldt and Jens Bogren. It was the first time Åkerfeldt actually enjoyed the recording process, admitting, “We’re used to the studio environment, so the recording process is not new or thrilling anymore. The biggest change was letting go of my control need. We were recording in two studios, and I couldn’t be at two places at once, so it was stressful, not knowing what was happening at the other studio. But I had to trust the other guys in the band.” “Watershed” is the album that will satiate the appetites of Opeth diehards, those who have followed the band on their musical journey. It’s also the album that will turn new heads, of those who appreciate both the band’s and the record’s musicality and musicianship. Watershed proves that Opeth are peerless, and truly exist in a genre of one.

Pain Of Salvation is a Swedish progressive metal band featuring Daniel Gildenlöw, lyricist, chief composer, guitarist, and lead vocalist. Their sound is characterized by powerful, accentuated guitar work, broad vocal range, abrupt switching between heavy and calm passages, intense syncopation, and polyrhythmic experimentation. Another trademark of the band is that each album is a concept album. Some of the topics addressed in the band's albums include sexuality, war and its effect on family and humanity, environmental issues (such as nuclear power), the forming of the individual, and the nature of God, humankind, and existence. The band will promote their most recent album “Road Salt One” released in May 2010.

Katatonia - a Swedish metal band formed in Stockholm in 1991 by Jonas Renkse and Anders Nyström. The early Katatonia albums are noted for the overall bleak melancholy and despair of their sound, often giving them the classification of doom metal or death/doom metal. Katatonia's more recent albums have progressed to a wider sound, with modern overtones, dropped guitars, symphonic synths and arrangements, alternative sounds and generally heavy riffs. The early Katatonia albums are sometimes, along with albums by bands such as My Dying Bride, Anathema and Paradise Lost, considered forerunners of the death/doom metal genre. Katatonia's most recent release, 2009's “Night Is the New Day”, has received widespread critical acclaim, with one reviewer describing it as "an album staggering in both its ambition and its accessibility, showcasing beauty and despair in equal measure".

Riverside - one of the most important progressive rock bands! Riverside hailing from Warsaw, Poland, can best be described as a stylistic blend of atmospheric rock and metal elements, resulting in a sound similar to that of Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, Opeth, Dream Theater, and Tool, while still maintaining an identity of their own. Since the release of their debut album, the band have built a solid fan base in progressive rock genre. Riverside was founded by guitarist Piotr Grudzinski, drummer Piotr Kozieradzki and vocalist/bassist Mariusz Duda in 2001. Soon after the recording of their debut album, “Out Of Myself”, keyboardist Michal Lapaj joined the band, completing the line-up which has impressed fans and media alike with their great technical skills. The band’s most recent fourth full-length album “Anno Domini High Definition” was released in mid 2009. The album sees Riverside take another step in the evolution of their extremely significant sound, showing a total focus on the here and now. “We don’t want to be one of those living-in-the-past prog bands,” Mariusz Duda (vocal/bass) points out. “We feel that we have something new to say, and lots of moments on this album feature a fresh approach to some things. First of all, our main influence – our lives, or to be more precise, the speed of our lives. That’s why we had to cut an extremely dynamic and pretty short record, which suits the times we live in.” In January 2010 Riverside released their first ever live DVD entitled “Reality Dream”.

Votum is a Polish prog-metal band that was formed in Warsaw in 2003. Five years later the band released their acclaimed debut album entitled "Time must have a stop", which was distributed worldwide by Progrock Records. A great number of gigs that followed the release of the CD - touring with UnSun and Black River on BlackSun Tour, performing at the Artus Prog Festival, Jarocin Festival, Hunterfest and supporting such bands as VooVoo and Sabaton, just to mention a few - not only helped them gain popularity, but also to establish the band’s reputation as a great live act. Votum: “Our main concern is not any particular style of music, but the atmosphere pouring out of it. We pay the utmost attention to every area of perception - bringing sound, stories, visions and concepts together - thus creating binding material for our compositions. The merging of music, lyrics, visual art, as well as emotional expression, has been the key to the creation of our work.”

METAL HAMMER FESTIVAL 2010

27th August 2010 - Spodek Hall, Katowice (Poland)

KORN (US)

Opeth (SE)

Katatonia (SE)

Riverside (PL)

Pain Of Salvation (SE)

Votum (PL)

+ 1 more band tba soon

Doors open: 12.45

start: 13.30

Ticket prices:

VIP seats – 89 EUR / 100 EUR (doors)

Red sector H & J – 62 EUR / 67 EUR (doors)

Red and blue sectors (seats 1-10) – 38 EUR / 42 EUR (doors)

Blue sector (seats 10+) – 32 EUR/ 34 EUR (doors)

Standing floor – 36 EUR / 39 EUR (doors)

For tickets go to: www.metalopolis.pl, www.ticketpro.pl, www.ebilet.pl, www.ticketonline.pl, www.ticketportal.pl, www.kupbilet.pl, www.eventim.pl, www.bileteria.pl

Metal Mind Productions - Promo Dept.

Katowice POLAND

Textbook View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 04:31
Oh my god. Korn headlining over Opeth.
CinemaZebra View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 11:26
AND Pain of Salvation AND Riverside AND Votum.

God, save us or finish us off ASAP. That's all I ask.
mr.cub View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 11:32
I would have preferred Bret Michaels over Korn

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 11:33
Originally posted by mr.cub mr.cub wrote:

I would have preferred Limp Bizkit over Korn. Wait....no.
TheClosing View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 11:36
AND Katatonia.

Look on the bright side, at least you can leave before they take the stage. 
mr.cub View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 11:38
Originally posted by CinemaZebra CinemaZebra wrote:

Originally posted by mr.cub mr.cub wrote:

I would have preferred Limp Bizkit over Korn. Wait....no.
LOL Not sure if they really thought this one through....actually they probably figured Korn would pad their pockets at little bit more.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 11:39
That's a good point. I would probably just intentionally be a dick at the Korn concert and see how fast I can get thrown out at that point.
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 12:04
I like Korn. 
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 12:27
Originally posted by JLocke JLocke wrote:

I like Korn. 
Shocked
Queen By-Tor View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 13:09
Korn's pretty great. Issues, Life's Peachy, Follow The Leader and Take A Look In The Mirror are all awesome albums if you ask me.
crimhead View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 13:28

I like Korn. 

Creamed or on the cob?Tongue
CPicard View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 13:42
FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Wait, in fact, I don't care, Poland is too far for me. But, anyway, that's not a nice thing to do to metalheads.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 13:52
Originally posted by King By-Tor King By-Tor wrote:

Korn's pretty great. Issues, Life's Peachy, Follow The Leader and Take A Look In The Mirror are all awesome albums if you ask me.
Life's Peachy is the only album I've heard from them I've came close to liking. But hey, each to his own.
Textbook View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 15:06
Korn has their moments, I'm not saying they're terrible. But Opeth would send them crying to mama in five minutes in a Battle Of The Bands type scenario. It's wrong for Korn to have a better spot on the bill.
Icarium View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 15:15
I have seen KORN live and the audience goes nuts and mostly bump into eachother (mosh pit), but they are a good live band, and if you are lucky Joey Jordison are playing the drums.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 15:16
Originally posted by aginor aginor wrote:

and if you are lucky Joey Jordison are playing the drums.
Then again this might not be so bad...
JLocke View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2010 at 18:41
Originally posted by Textbook Textbook wrote:

Korn has their moments, I'm not saying they're terrible. But Opeth would send them crying to mama in five minutes in a Battle Of The Bands type scenario. It's wrong for Korn to have a better spot on the bill.

If you think making someone 'cry for mama' is what makes you a more worthy band, you're on the wrong board, my friend. 
Henry Plainview View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2010 at 03:43
I don't like any of those bands and I'm still embarrassed for them. Nobody should have to listen to Korn.

Originally posted by Textbook Textbook wrote:

If you think making someone 'cry for mama' is what makes you a more worthy band, you're on the wrong board, my friend. 
No, he's not.
if you own a sodastream i hate you
 Post Reply Post Reply