Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 18:53
10-4 Todd
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 18:56
Originally posted by Guldbamsen Guldbamsen wrote:

I for one am really digging the love in the den at the moment. Sweet vibe in here. I just got back from my Easters holiday the day before yesterday, and now reading this back, I truly feel this place's got some magic.

Just a little afterthought here as I am extremely late to the show, but I feel much the same as you guys, and come to think of it, I have just now been singing Pierres praises in The Krautrock Space

I like to go back through the old pages of this thread, it's predecessor, and sometimes the Villa thread in the CZ.  Not only is it a constant education but it really does feel like family quite often.   I think the RPI threads are some of the coolest on the site.  Beer

Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2012 at 19:04
Well the frequenters are among the nicest and the music among the richest of all the site.  It's really a pleasure to be here! So many wonderful people and much wonderful music!
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 02:00

YEAHHHH !
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 04:38
ENZO MAOLUCCI : BARBARI E BAR ( 1978)

A very very nice singer song album. Great melodies with a light prog touch. It belongs here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmGEj-zuwyQ&feature=related

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 06:49
Mamma Non Piangere - Mamma non piangere  (1979)

Why Opus Avantra or Stormy Six and not la Mamma Cry !?

Nightfly View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 13:54
I agree, it's always been a great thread - one of the best for sure and frequented by a great bunch. Smile
Lizzy View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2012 at 14:38
Hear hear! It is actually one of the few threads I visit regularly, even though I don't always post. Great company and great team! Hug
Property of Queen Productions...
progprogprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progprogprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 03:09
Originally posted by Lizzy Lizzy wrote:

Hear hear! It is actually one of the few threads I visit regularly, even though I don't always post. Great company and great team! Hug
Always thinking in extremes.That's my way to beat boredom.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 05:24
Nice for Ultima Spiaggia, but let's not forget this other masterpiece of the italian Avant Garde.

tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 15:47
I ordered L'Ombre della Sera but its not yet arrived nor is it listed on PA. Perhaps it would behoove the RPI gurus to get this puppy a home? Grazie....
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 16:32
^ Thanks Thomas! It's been approved and will be added soon. Keep those suggestions and recommendations coming!
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Mellotron Storm View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellotron Storm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 14:36
I don't know what it is about RPI but it was like deja vu for me again this morning, just like about 6 weeks ago when i last posted here. I was off to pick up my son late Sunday morning but instead of listening to Germinale(like last time) this time it was Calliope's debut that made my day and transformed my mood. It's just that romantic Italian vibe i'm thinking.
"The wind is slowly tearing her apart"

"Sad Rain" ANEKDOTEN
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 15:00
I had a similar experience listening to Dalton here the other day. Orange sunrise, bird twittering and that debut of theirs rolling out through the speakers. Yummy!
I think you are right John - those Italians really know how to make you feel good.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 15:08
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2012 at 05:38
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2012 at 05:55
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Nice for Ultima Spiaggia, but let's not forget this other masterpiece of the italian Avant Garde.

Wow Pierre - this one is right up my alley, thanks mateBig smile Vinyl only I figureDead Damn it! I have a fair share of LPs by now, and I still haven't pulled myself together and bought a turntableEmbarrassed With all the goodies only available as vinyls, I may have to remedy that... 
This one sure s'got an early Battiato vibe going as well as some other spicy stuff. Really wonderful atmospheres.

On another note, I am currently listening to the most recent Jacula release called Pre Viam. I actually like it far more than what I thought I would. The trick is not to compare it with the old stuff, and then suddenly things start taking off.

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2012 at 10:42
I love vinyl, but I belong to the CD generation. Though I hate Cdr. If I was  born in 1955, I would be surrounded by large circles today.Tongue
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 06:43

Post this one on the Kautrock Space. But just for the Genesis passage, I think it belongs here too (Vinyl only)

An obscure italian TV soundtrack in a Krautrock style from 1970 : Mario Molino - INSIDE (1975)

dreadpirateroberts View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreadpirateroberts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 07:39
Sad news, the wonderful singer songwriter Lucio Dalla passed away just last month.

Perhaps his most famous song here: Caruso

Very slowly digging into his discog, I have a best of and his Self Titled album, which has some quirky moments throughout its singer/songwriter rock.

We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
JazzMusicArchives.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9293949596 358>