Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 17:55

COMING SOON.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 19:18
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 23:26
^ Very Fripp-esque, fits my brain pattern right now....

Any word on the new Museo album, what to expect?
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2013 at 23:30
Originally posted by Larree Larree wrote:

Rosetta Stone update!  Finishing up week three of my journey.  I am definitely not ready to even try to converse, however, I do find myself blurting out some of the Italian phrases and words I have learned when I am out driving around.  And when I went to a local Italian restaurant the other night some of the words on the menu seemed to "pop" out at me like a 3D picture.  And I don't understand the lyrics to the songs I listen to yet, but the language sounds more natural and "native" to my ears.  I think it's working!

Congrats!  How are those Rosetta Stone courses, I have been thinking about trying it?
coasterzombie View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coasterzombie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2013 at 16:50
New Museo! Can't wait.
Larree View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2013 at 16:59
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

Originally posted by Larree Larree wrote:

Rosetta Stone update!  Finishing up week three of my journey.  I am definitely not ready to even try to converse, however, I do find myself blurting out some of the Italian phrases and words I have learned when I am out driving around.  And when I went to a local Italian restaurant the other night some of the words on the menu seemed to "pop" out at me like a 3D picture.  And I don't understand the lyrics to the songs I listen to yet, but the language sounds more natural and "native" to my ears.  I think it's working!

Congrats!  How are those Rosetta Stone courses, I have been thinking about trying it?

I am wrapping up my third week.  I believe it is working!  Let's see where I am in another month. 
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2013 at 04:40
Oh Mr Duckman!

I listened to this wonderful album today, and I wonder if you know of a CD issue of it?

BLUE MORNING - Blue Morning (1973)

Lovely tasteful jazz-fusion with bluesy guitar playing. Nice and pleasant for a warm afternoon, yep with a thoughtful and reflective sound for a cool night. Even the figure on the front cover looks lost in contemplation
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2013 at 04:46
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 19:10

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2013 at 21:28
At first lsiten, I would say that this is good italian progressive rock. I am just missing to be surprised Ermm
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 01:35
The unexpected follow-up to Bucato features Paolo Angeli the composer, instead of the instrument builder and virtuoso. For Nita: L'Angelo Sul Trapezio (Nita, the Angel at the Trapeze) he brought in over 20 musicians, five singers, and a street band. Presented as "an imaginary soundtrack," Nita draws on Italian folk, Italian avant-jazz, the lighter side of RIO (Samla Mammas Manna, in particular), Frank Zappa, and a touch of Quebec musique actuelle. Typical of Angeli, the music consists of several short pieces grouped in loose suites. We move from pop songs to experimental breaks, harp-driven themes, street band numbers, and quirky avant-jazz without a chance to catch our breath. It all occasionally sounds chaotic, only to appear exquisitely organized the next minute -- and that second impression is the one that lasts when the music's over. Angeli's creativity overflows. He manages to squeeze in a few impressive guitar tracks ("Ritagli di Tempo": magnificent), but truly shines here as a composer and leader. The instrumentation includes a string quartet, harp (Federica Somigli), keyboards, accordion (Roberto Secchi), a horn section, and percussion (including drummer Mirko Sabatini). Folk singer Margareth Kammerer guests on "La Mulina da Pepa"; Banda Roncati is the street band in "Bando," and the two last pieces (the coda). Even if you don't understand Italian (the booklet includes an English translation of the lyrics, but it is approximate, at best), you will be sucked inside Angeli's highly colored, fast moving universe. The scope of the undertaking commands respect, the wildly entertaining results deserve cheers. A soundtrack? Nita is actually a whole film without images.

Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 07:33
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

It's always a pleasure to listen to Stefano "Lupo" Galifi vocals!!Clap

Let's see how good is the new album... I will tell you.

Now I can only say the intro reminded me of New Trolls a bit.

Edited by Andrea Cortese - April 17 2013 at 07:34
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 07:51
I believe the new album is missing the original keyboardist and guitarist, so this is a "new" Museo.

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 08:06
Fellow RPI'ers, I'm avoiding listening to the new Museo sample, I want to be totally surprised when I buy it! But thanks for the link anyway, Jim! Honestly, I was just going to buy it all along!

Hmmm, this reminds me, wonder how the new Il Tempio Delle Clessidre is coming along too?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2013 at 17:35
One more word on the PAOLO ANGELI's album. Listenned to it all day. Very good, close in many ways to Allegri Leproti. Mix of Jazz, River (RIO), Prog, Folk, haunting sardinian harmonies ... etc. I must dig this guy.
Larree View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2013 at 12:05
Fellow RPI fans!  Come to the "Just For Fun" forum and play Battle of the Bands.  There are some great RPI bands that need some love (and votes) to reach the Hall of Fame!

Come vote to save:

Il Rovescio Della Medaglia
Formula 3
Il Volo
Quella Vecchia Locanda

Let's get these bands into the Hall of Fame!  Cheers!  Beer
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 22:43
To comment on the mild debate of a few weeks/threads ago on the Cervello-Melos vs Osanna-Palepoli.  I have listened to each about 5 or 6 times each (the first time for both), one after the other (although could only listen via the tube as they seem hard to find).  On the first couple of listens, Palepoli had the lead, but after more listens Melos has pulled even and I cannot choose. Confused

Both are excellent!  Palepoli has a quite a number of climatic high moments but Melos seems more well rounded and solid, if that makes any sense.  Anyway, my 2 cents worth...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 22:48
That's one of the great long time debates around here Jim....

Along with the QVL first or second album debate....check out this epic poll result!  (that ended the right wayEvil Smile)LOL

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=20910&KW=quella+vecchia&PID=1911497#1911497

AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2013 at 23:02
^ A sqeaker for sure!  If that was Florida or Ohio, a recount would have been needed Smile 

Since I am only familiar with the Quella's 2nd album, I have a new listening challenge to pursue...
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2013 at 10:31
Oooooooooh I am so happy to be back in Prog land after completing my giant adventure in South America. Anyway, when I got home I finally received my GOBLIN 6CD Box set: THE AWAKENING. Believe me, I have been awoken!!!
Just finished listing to PROFUNDO ROSSO with an assload of bonus tracks! Incredible. ROLLER is next tonight. Let you guys know how much I love that one. :) take care Proggers!!
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 211212213214215 358>