Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Larree View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 11:39
Come on, peeps!  You need to get over to the the "Just For Fun" forum and play Battle of the Bands!  There are a few RPI bands in the game right now but some people are trying to KILL them!  You gotta come over and fight for Italian pride!  This is war!  LOL
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 12:37
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Thanks for the posting InChanto. (just got that ordered).

Not very prog, but very strong folk.

No worries, H, I really hope you like it!

As you said, not all that proggy (but you will find proggy stuff throughout the whole album in parts though, even the first track is an 8 minute instrumental), but it's a class act, and you'll be the owner of the best looking CD package in the world!
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 12:38
Tom Ozric View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Ozric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 17:15
Just been spending time with an absolutely precious RPI gem - the wonderful CELESTE album.  One of the most beautiful slabs of wax I've ever heard...........
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 22:15
^ Got my first by them a few weeks ago...excellent!
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2013 at 22:43
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Are these guys relatives of yours Pierre?   Snapped these guys today having a rather heated debate...I think they were trying to impress the girl....
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 02:06
What guys, Jim ? I don't understand.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 08:46
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

What guys, Jim ? I don't understand.

No worries Pierre. Just a poor attempt at duck humor from a photo I took.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 09:34
Big smile
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 13:29
Coaster/Pierre - the new Museo Rosenbach is really good. Not totally up to the standard to their previous classic, but strong enough to keep the younger bands on their toes! Like that recent Alphataurus one, just a very respectable addition to their legacy. Have to say, I think I prefer the Il Tempio delle Clessidre album that the singer (total mental blank on his name!) left so he could concentrate on the Museo reunion album over it, though!

Love to hear some more opinions it it too! :)
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 14:08
Been meaning to get that one for a while but for some reason still didn't.
I guess this is the place to say that I'm sorry but their classic album from 73' is not in my top 10 italian albums and not in my top 30 either, but I do like it.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 14:14
Why you....(shaking first in comical manner) lol!

We all have our differing favs, Sagi! Their debut is one of my absolute favourites!

Hey, got a review I'll be putting up over the next few days for `Dun - Eros' I think you'll like!

You and Pierre really gave me a kick up the butt about getting onto that one more, and now I can't stop!
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 14:33
As I said my friend I do like it, and number 31 is a good place considering the entire RPI genre LOL.

Can't wait for your review man! I am so pleased you feel that way about Dun. I say it every time they are mentioned, Eros is one incredible album. What strikes me the most is their impecable sound, not only the one they create but the sound quality too. Amazing for 81'.

There's a reunion I'll drop dead if I'll see...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 14:43
Originally posted by sagichim sagichim wrote:

As I said my friend I do like it, and number 31 is a good place considering the entire RPI genre

LOL.Can't wait for your review man! I am so pleased you feel that way about Dun. I say it every time they are mentioned, Eros is one incredible album. What strikes me the most is their impecable sound, not only the one they create but the sound quality too. Amazing for 81'.There's a reunion I'll drop dead if I'll see...

Sagi, that album blends so many styles together! It might be considered Zeuhl, but it weaves fusion, classical, jazz, electronic, R.I.O....pretty much everything at once. Truly progressive, and I love how violent and volatile and unpredictable it gets! I still think much of sounds very evil and sinister! Those xylophones are evil, man! :P
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 14:45
Can't wait for the review too.

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 14:51
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Originally posted by sagichim sagichim wrote:

As I said my friend I do like it, and number 31 is a good place considering the entire RPI genre

LOL.Can't wait for your review man! I am so pleased you feel that way about Dun. I say it every time they are mentioned, Eros is one incredible album. What strikes me the most is their impecable sound, not only the one they create but the sound quality too. Amazing for 81'.There's a reunion I'll drop dead if I'll see...

Sagi, that album blends so many styles together! It might be considered Zeuhl, but it weaves fusion, classical, jazz, electronic, R.I.O....pretty much everything at once. Truly progressive, and I love how violent and volatile and unpredictable it gets! I still think much of sounds very evil and sinister! Those xylophones are evil, man! :P

Yeah!! It's like someone is running after you with an axe!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2013 at 14:54
Sagi, I've so far likened it to that devil on the front of Goblin's `Roller' with the violin, but several of them at once - especially on those xylophones!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2013 at 08:55
Pierre, I thought of you today, have you heard the most recent Alphataurus album `Attosecond0'? I think you'd really like it, not much in the way of heavier parts, and there is so much energy and tasteful playing on it. Great confident vocals too. A very classy effort.

it's probably not on the level of their rougher classic first album, and it borrows from plenty of other bands, but it's a terrific album in it's own right.

It looks magnificent on vinyl too!

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - April 29 2013 at 09:03
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2013 at 10:06
Love the first song of Attosecondo. Less the others. Frankly, I do not really expect the return of a group of the past, even Cervello or Qvl. I think that all of those fantastic  RPI bands gave the best of themselves. I would say even more. They did the impossible. Today I only expect one thing:  to be surprised again by something different. Tongue
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2013 at 12:35
Ooooooh DUNS--EROS is on my hit list. Came out on a good year too....year I was born. Can't mess with music from 1981. :)

Also. I'll be reading that review for sure Micheal. Wouldnt miss that. :)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 214215216217218 358>