Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 13:55
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Coming soon from Black Widow records....can't wait:

IL CERCHIO D'ORO - Dedalo e Icaro Lp / Cd

Second album for the Italian Prog Band from Savona influenced by PFM, Le Orme, New Trolls..with special guests PINO SINNONE (Trip), GIORGIO "FICO" PIAZZA (PFM), MARTIN GRICE & ETTORE VIGO (DELIRIUM).

Vinyl all the way for this baby for me....

Ooh, I can't wait for this one!

Wow, the great titles just keep coming...

Michael, Greg just got in a BTF order, so he's got some more stuff if you're compiling an order. He'll be gone to RosFest for about a week though...
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 13:58

Their first album was really nice, Nick, and it also had a stunning cover - Natch lol! Pretty sure that's written in stone tablets for the prog bible!

"Though Shalt Have Mind-Blowing Album Cover Artwork"

Otherwise, you get sent downstairs to deal with the fella on the front of Goblin's `Roller'!

yes! I love Goblin Roller demon seed man!!! inspiration indeed to behave in life! Anyways. I'm off to explore more RPI.

Oh and those stone tablets are a bitch. Too heavy and everything has to be written in stone.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 14:01
After two plays, the Correani is a small disappointment for me. The melodies are pleasant, but they could have been better. Here and there I'd like to change a note or two. The heart of the songs lies in the Middle, when the chorus goes off and only the  instruments remain. There is a real beauty. I had been seduced by the black and white suite without voice and I stay on my opinion. Anyway I always thought that it was much harder to write a very good song than a very good instrumental.
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 14:03
^ Pierre, is one of the now eight modern RPI titles you have Cerchio d'Oro? Or Delirium's Il Nome del Vento?
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 14:13
No, my friend.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 16:45
Originally posted by Todd Todd wrote:

^ Pierre, is one of the now eight modern RPI titles you have Cerchio d'Oro? Or Delirium's Il Nome del Vento?

Pierre, both of those are very special! Good call, Todd! I think the Delirium one was one of the first modern RPI titles I heard, and somehwat embarrasingly, it was the first Delirium album I ever heard! I went backwards from there lol!

I'll have to keep giving the Correani some more plays, only given it one full spin so far, but really liked it from what I heard. I thought it was quite melancholic, and there was a very `wordly' sound to a lot of the acoustic elements. Very interesting!

update - Todd, I raced a quick email off to Greg, and sure enough got an `auto-reply' lol! No worries, I'll play patient until then!

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - May 02 2013 at 16:49
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 17:44
I must admit that this Delirium song (if I don't pay too much attention to the guitar) is very good.

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 23:18
So how big is the love and the hype for this album with in our Italian den...

I honesty feel like buying this album for the cover art alone. Lol. Seriously though I like the P.F.M influences attached to this. I am interested...very interested.
Larree View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 23:20
I confess I kind of slacked off on my Rosetta Stone Italian course but I am going to get back on it next week.  I do have a good excuse, though.  I have been writing some new songs!

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 23:57
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

I honesty feel like buying this album for the cover art alone. Lol. Seriously though I like the P.F.M influences attached to this. I am interested...very interested.

Nick, that depends! Todd and I both know their previous album (pretty sure Tom Ozric and I bought it at the same time too, and I know he thinks highly of it as well), and I'm sure I speak for him too when I say it was a real winner. The cover artwork was just as beautiful, I bought the gatefold vinyl of it, and I truly treasure it!

From what I recall, they were a 70's band that never got around to recording an album properly until a few years ago.

That was this one here:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=20557

Here's the first two tracks from it, I guess you could listen to these and see if it interests you enough to keep an eye on the new one!

1) Ouverture

2) Sognando Le Meta
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 09:43
Montelfeltro: A somewhat obscure Mellow release.  Very symphonic and classically oriented, it's a keyboard lover's album with a distinctly lighter feel....ala "Wind and Wuthering."   While it certainly has that Genesis influenced feel it also has the RPI charm.  Comes complete with a 22-minute suite!  Smile 

Montefeltro Il Tempo di Far la Fantasia album cover 

verslibre View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote verslibre Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 10:35

Coming soon from Black Widow records....can't wait:

Second album for the Italian Prog Band from Savona influenced by PFM, Le Orme, New Trolls..with special guests PINO SINNONE (Trip), GIORGIO "FICO" PIAZZA (PFM), MARTIN GRICE & ETTORE VIGO (DELIRIUM).

Vinyl all the way for this baby for me....

Awesome cover art! One of those types of albums you'd buy in the store just for the cover...and you'd wonder how it sat in the bin for years...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 10:47
Nice Jim Thumbs Up
Montefeltro - Canto No. 1 (Lettera Ad Un Amico Del 1400)
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 11:43
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Montelfeltro: A somewhat obscure Mellow release.  Very symphonic and classically oriented, it's a keyboard lover's album with a distinctly lighter feel....ala "Wind and Wuthering."   While it certainly has that Genesis influenced feel it also has the RPI charm.  Comes complete with a 22-minute suite!  Smile 

Montefeltro Il Tempo di Far la Fantasia album cover 

Jim and Pierre, you are a bad influence! Order placed with Amazon....NOW!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 12:53
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 13:30

Todd and Michael, wonderful reviews!!!   !!!Thumbs Up

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 13:37
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Pierre, I was all set to say how racist that Kangaroo Jack was, but from what I've seen, he dressed and spoke like an Amercian rapper, which is all kinds of confusing!

Thanks Jim, and cheers for the suggestion of the Montelfeltro album! From what I can tell it's also a Mini LP?

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - May 03 2013 at 13:38
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 14:35

Michael, mine is a jewel case....I  didn't know there was a Mini for Montelfeltro

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 15:29

Goblin LP.

I've just realized that i live in front of a monument called "La manufacture des Gobelins"
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 17:13

Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

Nick, that depends! Todd and I both know their previous album (pretty sure Tom Ozric and I bought it at the same time too, and I know he thinks highly of it as well), and I'm sure I speak for him too when I say it was a real winner. The cover artwork was just as beautiful, I bought the gatefold vinyl of it, and I truly treasure it!

From what I recall, they were a 70's band that never got around to recording an album properly until a few years ago.

That was this one here:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=20557

Here's the first two tracks from it, I guess you could listen to these and see if it interests you enough to keep an eye on the new one!

1) Ouverture

2) Sognando Le Meta

Hey Micheal. Thank you. I enjoyed the first track quite a bit. Loving those RPI instrumentals these days. Anyway, hope I can find this one on Amazon or something. :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 218219220221222 358>