Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 239240241242243 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2013 at 21:12
Well I have the first three SFix and they are all excellent. Fragments of Light , Portable Madness and Finest Finger are fabulous!

Edited by tszirmay - June 22 2013 at 21:14
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
Knobby View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2013 at 21:14
Portable Madness is not the first Sensations Fix lp.
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2013 at 22:14
Originally posted by Knobby Knobby wrote:

Portable Madness is not the first Sensations Fix lp.
I don't think I stated anywhere that Portable Madness is the first album (its the second in fact) ! 
Need glasses, love?Wink
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
DamoXt7942 View Drop Down
Forum & Site Admin Group
Forum & Site Admin Group
Avant/Cross/Neo/Post Teams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DamoXt7942 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2013 at 03:12
Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

Well I have the first three SFix and they are all excellent. Fragments of Light , Portable Madness and Finest Finger are fabulous!

EXACTLY. Approve
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2013 at 03:36
Originally posted by DamoXt7942 DamoXt7942 wrote:

Originally posted by tszirmay tszirmay wrote:

EXACTLY. Approve

And one more vote for all three from me, Jim! I don't have that compilation either, I remember asking Pierre's opinion on it a while back and thinking of ordering it from there, but I just forgot about it...so thanks for the reminder!

I fall back on listening to either `Portable Madness' and `Finest Finger' at work a lot if I'm lacking inspiration and can't settle on anything else to listen to...and I love them every single time. Superb albums!

Go forth and get your Fix, Jim!
Virgo Rouge View Drop Down
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Virgo Rouge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2013 at 04:34
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2013 at 11:15
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

And one more vote for all three from me, Jim! I don't have that compilation either, I remember asking Pierre's opinion on it a while back and thinking of ordering it from there, but I just forgot about it...so thanks for the reminder!

I fall back on listening to either `Portable Madness' and `Finest Finger' at work a lot if I'm lacking inspiration and can't settle on anything else to listen to...and I love them every single time. Superb albums!

Go forth and get your Fix, Jim!

OK, I have taken the plunge, I am downloading SF's Music is Painting in the Air from "Amazon" as I type (I know, I know but only 6.99 for the double LP).  I will let you know what I think after a few listens.

By the way on a sort of RPI note, yesterday I got an album by Vox Dei, La Biblia (Argentina band I think).  I have enjoyed it right away, very 70s raw feel to it and a few production issues, but nothing major.  The album is listed in the archives, but I am curious if Vox Dei is the same as the listed here: http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=9312
Regardless, I am happy with it.Thumbs Up
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2013 at 13:41
Some overlooked band from 1997 with weird heavy prog

hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2013 at 16:08
Jimmy, "Painting in the air" is a damned good album, my favorite just after "Portable Madness", the masterpiece of the band and one of the best Krautrock's albums ever Heart
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2013 at 17:28
Hey guys, this lovely song from Il Cerchio D'Oro makes me smile, even though it's quite confusing! Gentle synths, lovely placid verses but then LOUD CHORUS VOCALS!! It was the b-side to one of their disco songs, definately better than the A side `Funky Dream' (even though it is nicely played)!

Il Cerchio D'Oro - L'Amore Mio
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2013 at 19:15
^ Quite the contrast in posts by Michael and The H.  I like around the 4 minute mark in the Paint Box song where they go into a jam.  The Cerchio song was pleasant and it was humorous at the chorus where he gets the volume up.
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Jimmy, "Painting in the air" is a damned good album, my favorite just after "Portable Madness", the masterpiece of the band and one of the best Krautrock's albums ever Heart

Pierre!  Are you back from your trip, hope your travels were safe.  Find any good Turkish prog to share Smile

I have given Music is Painting in the Air about 3 full listens and enjoy it quite a bit!  Clap   I thought it would have a little from all the albums, but after digging into the track list more, there are only a couple from the 1rst and 4th album and about 6 or 7 from Vision's Fugitives.  The rest are all unreleased and a few short movements from Falsini's solo LP - Cold Nose (I think there are some live tracks also).  Seeing how I like this one and there are no tracks from "PM", that will be the next one... 
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2013 at 19:19
Jim! Falsini's `Cold Nose' is absolutely superb! Blissful, mysterious, drifting - timeless! I actually bought that before any of the proper Fix albums!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2013 at 19:38
Hi Jim, I'am alive and well. I don't know what the TV news say (I almost never listen to that white noise), but what I've seen and heard is very different. This is a beautiful country where tradition and modernity cohabit in harmony as in our dear RPI.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2013 at 01:17
Terrific cover. Fantastic album Heart

Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 15:26
This band should be investigated and discussed for an inclusion:

Moby Dick - they recorded the self titled album in London during 1973 (with english lyrics). Never released for the lack of a label... only discovered in 2001...

This is "What Time is it".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_AQNcprJkk
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 15:33
... another interesint artist is Leone Tieri and his album released in 1970"Un Fiore sulla Mondezza".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfw0fW12te8
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 15:40
Welcome back, Andrea. Leone Tieri is greaThumbs Upt

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 15:42
... and Yu Kung with their 1976's folk debut "Pietre della Mia Gente.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxd_UabiSsI
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 15:43
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Welcome back, Andrea. Leone Tieri is greaThumbs Upt

Hi there!

I'm watching the football match Italy-Spain... RPI angainst prog andaluz eheh  ehe
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2013 at 15:48
How about the italian David Bowie??

Faust'O and this is "Eccolo Qua" from his first album Suicidio (1978).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd4lUg2GVz8

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 239240241242243 358>