Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 259260261262263 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2013 at 04:55
Guys, I just posted an interview I did with the lovely adult pop/prog band `Materya' in the `Interviews' section, if you're interested please give a read! They gave wonderful responses!

http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=95861

They put out their charming first album `Case' last year, just look at that cover!

Their Archives page is here: http://www.progarchives.com/artist.asp?id=8128
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2013 at 05:14
Good job, Michael Thumbs UpClap
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2013 at 05:20
Thanks Pierre!

Hey, I gave a new listen to that Capricorn College album! It's not bad! Kind of a mix of 60's pop/soul, with occasional proggy sections. Very nice overall, lovely vocals too. It takes the style of the 60's with a hint of the direction prog would properly go in the 70's.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2013 at 05:28
I would not have said better. Thumbs Up
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 19:37
Yesterday I went to my first Latin high mass at one of the only churches in the area doing pre-Vatican 2 masses.  It was just incredible.  The entire mass was sung in Latin by a full professional choir with male and female soloists, chamber musicians, and church organ of course.  They performed Schubert's Mass in B flat.  Very powerful and emotional, especially in the grand surrounding of the 19th century baroque church.  Accented by periods of silence and the wafting incense. 

RPI was great training for what sounded like a fine opera.  In fact, at times the music was like RPI without the guitar/drums. 

You can check out the interior of the church here, in a fully controllable 360 view. 

Once thing is for sure.  I'll never go back to a contemporary service.  I will go out my way for this experience.  Smile

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 19:58
Awesome, Jim, getting your faith on while getting your prog on!

I know I've wished to be able to find a way to combine the two myself!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 20:03
Maybe with this one, Mike :

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 20:06
Thank you Pierre, it's blocked at my work, so I'll check when I'm back at home in a few hours! Looking forward to it!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 20:20
Believe me Michael....in some of the more dramatic parts....some Jacula music crossed my mind. 

Pierre, thanks for that....I'll check it out. 

Yesterday I played my first RPI in a while, Mario Panseri's "Adolescenza"

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2013 at 20:41
Hah, that's an umcomfortable conincidence, Jim!

Pretty sure Bartoccetti has praise for someone else in mind!

Quite conflicting! You might have to listen to one of the Three Monks albums, I'm not exactly sure which direction, up or down, their music is aimed at!
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 02:25
Hello everyone Finnforest and Aussie-Byrd-Brother please listen to this. I am not sure if Italian prog is the right place however in my mind I believe Italian prog emphasises on great orchestration too.
Andres Gwazzelli is an Argentinean singer, composer, producer, engineer, sound designer and film scorer from Mar del Plata, however he was born Italian and moved to Argentina when he was 8 years old. Quite the perfectionist too, this track took him almost one year to complete, as said before he does pay the utmost attention to detail especially his own work, he is also classical trained. What do you think of this song?
Have a listen please this is quite unique and stunning almost like Bach turned prog lololol     but http://melodicrevolutionrecords.com/track/wish-you-could-hear

Edited by Kati - November 12 2013 at 02:27
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 02:33
Originally posted by Kati Kati wrote:

Hello everyone Finnforest and Aussie-Byrd-Brother please listen to this. I am not sure if Italian prog is the right place however in my mind I believe Italian prog emphasises on great orchestration too.
Andres Gwazzelli is an Argentinean singer, composer, producer, engineer, sound designer and film scorer from Mar del Plata, however he was born Italian and moved to Argentina when he was 8 years old. Quite the perfectionist too, this track took him almost one year to complete, as said before he does pay the utmost attention to detail especially his own work, he is also classical trained. What do you think of this song?
Have a listen please this is quite unique and stunning almost like Bach turned prog lololol     but http://melodicrevolutionrecords.com/track/wish-you-could-hear

I case you want to know more here is his website link and bio http://www.andresguazzelli.com/wish_you_could_hear/

Edited by Kati - November 12 2013 at 02:34
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 19:46

Cooee!!!
I case you want to know more here is his website link and bio http://www.andresguazzelli.com/wish_you_could_hear/
as much as I like to talk, I honestly don't like talking to myself
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 20:15
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Yesterday I went to my first Latin high mass at one of the only churches in the area doing pre-Vatican 2 masses.  It was just incredible.  The entire mass was sung in Latin by a full professional choir with male and female soloists, chamber musicians, and church organ of course.  They performed Schubert's Mass in B flat.  Very powerful and emotional, especially in the grand surrounding of the 19th century baroque church.  Accented by periods of silence and the wafting incense. 

RPI was great training for what sounded like a fine opera.  In fact, at times the music was like RPI without the guitar/drums. 

You can check out the interior of the church here, in a fully controllable 360 view. 

Once thing is for sure.  I'll never go back to a contemporary service.  I will go out my way for this experience.  Smile

Awesome church sanctuary!  Love the pipe organ layout in the back.  I bet it was a very uplifting and reverent experience.

Amen!
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 20:17
[QUOTE=Kati]Hello everyone Finnforest and Aussie-Byrd-Brother please listen to this. I am not sure if Italian prog is the right place however in my mind I believe Italian prog emphasises on great orchestration too.
Have a listen please this is quite unique and stunning almost like Bach turned prog lololol     but http://melodicrevolutionrecords.com/track/wish-you-could-hear[/QUOTE]

Excellent! Clap
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 21:40
Hi Kati, Hi Jim....
Sorry I don't get around here much since I retired from PA.  But it's nice to see people still bringing good music to share.  Me I've just been spinning lots of Smashing Pumpkins the last few days....LOL 
Kati I spun the bandcamp track, sounds like neat stuff though I'm in a decidedly non-prog place at the moment. 

Hope everyone is doing well!  Smile

To my duck friend.....hmmmmmmmmm

http://www.design-moderne.com/duck-fashion-show/

Edited by Finnforest - November 12 2013 at 21:45

Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 21:43
Originally posted by AEProgman AEProgman wrote:

[QUOTE=Kati]Hello everyone Finnforest and Aussie-Byrd-Brother please listen to this. I am not sure if Italian prog is the right place however in my mind I believe Italian prog emphasises on great orchestration too. Andres Gwazzelli is an Argentinean singer, composer, producer, engineer, sound designer and film scorer from Mar del Plata, however he was born Italian and moved to Argentina when he was 8 years old. Quite the perfectionist too, this track took him almost one year to complete, as said before he does pay the utmost attention to detail especially his own work, he is also classical trained. What do you think of this song? Have a listen please this is quite unique and stunning almost like Bach turned prog lololol     but http://melodicrevolutionrecords.com/track/wish-you-could-hear[/QUOTE]

Excellent! Clap

Awww AEProgman thank you! You brought a big smile to my face and made me so happy too!!!! Can't stop hugging you again thank you, I am so glad you like it sorry for overflowing you with hugs but another
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 21:47
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Hi Kati, Hi Jim....Sorry I don't get around here much since I retired from PA.  But it's nice to see people still bringing good music to share.  Me I've just been spinning lots of Smashing Pumpkins the last few days....LOL  Kati I spun the bandcamp track, sounds like neat stuff though I'm in a decidedly non-prog place at the moment.  Hope everyone it doing well!  SmileTo my duck friend.....hmmmmmmmmmhttp://www.design-moderne.com/duck-fashion-show/

Yay!! Hello Finnforest a massive to you
You retired from P.A.? Now don't you think it's kinda obnoxious and selfish to do this to us? Umphf now what about us?
Come back!!!!! Pretty please hugs
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2013 at 21:51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTLXbORe49U
This I must dedicate especially to Finnforest
Il Rovescio Della Medaglia -Contaminazione (!973)

Edited by Kati - November 12 2013 at 21:53
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2013 at 01:18
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 259260261262263 358>