Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 284285286287288 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 07:29
I remember seeing a PFM "Per un Amico" T- Shirt on IOFFER.

I Think there was a Felona and Sorona one to...

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 07:31
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

H, SOOOOO many to look forward to!

I have the `Latte Miele Passio secundum Mattheum the Complete Works' and the Nuovo idea Live anthology (DVD) about to arrive any day now in an order, as well as several other Italian titles - I forget which they are off the top of my head, but I'll post what they are when the package arrives (hopefully tomorrrow!)

Now I have a question for you!

Can you think of anywhere, or even particular bands, that sell Italian prog album themed t-shirts, possibly of their albums covers?

I'm waiting for Latte E Mielle too. I didn't know there's a Nuova Idea DVD Shocked Do you know anything about it?
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 07:40
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

I have the `Latte Miele Passio secundum Mattheum the Complete Works' and the Nuovo idea Live anthology (DVD) about to arrive any day now in an order, as well as several other Italian titles - I forget which they are off the top of my head, but I'll post what they are when the package arrives (hopefully tomorrrow!)

Can you think of anywhere, or even particular bands, that sell Italian prog album themed t-shirts, possibly of their albums covers?
I'm waiting for Latte E Mielle too. I didn't know there's a Nuova Idea DVD Shocked Do you know anything about it?

It was a Black Widow title, Sagi, check it out on their main page here!

http://www.blackwidow.it/

Hmm, seeing that new `GLEEMEN - Oltre...lontano, lontano' CD listed at the bottom of the page reminds me that I need to give that a spin, I bought the CD of it in my last order from Syn-Phonic, so it's waiting on the shelf at home!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 07:41

Yes, Holding it in my hands right now, had no time to watch it yet.

11 songs from a 2012 live concert plus 2 from a 2011 concert.

7 Videos from RAI archives (most likely mimed stuff)

From Black Widow site (via Google translate)
Finally a ' comprehensive anthology of one of the groups that founded the movement in Italian Prog : New Idea ; racccolti in this DVD images of the last two concerts of Verona ( 01/12/2012 ) and Genoa -Sestri ( 21/10/2011 ) with the participation of all the historical components of this great band ; all videos Rai original recorded in the years ' 70 , an interview with Paolo Siani who has recently reorganized New Idea also presenting an album '' Castle , Wings, Stories and Dreams '' which was a collaboration of several musicians fundamental Prog Rock Italian such as Mauro Pagani , Joe Vescovi and many others; Finally, a collection of recent photos and vintage . " How, how , how" and " My Choice " from the album " In the beginning ", " Illusions recently " from " Mr. E. Jones "," Hourglass "and" An island from " Clowns ", " will make it " for the first time presented live and yet almost all of the tracks from " Castles , Wings, Stories and Dreams "

A collection a must for lovers of the genre and essential for collectors.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 07:48
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 08:00
Thank you guys! I'm also interested in Victor peraino's Kingdom Come.

I was never impressed with Gleemen actually but this one might be good, still featuring the one and only Bambi Fossati and Marco Zuccheddu from Nuova Idea's debut and Osage Tribe!!!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 08:08

Thank you guys! I'm also interested in Victor peraino's Kingdom Come.I was never impressed with Gleemen actually but this one might be good, still featuring the one and only Bambi Fossati and Marco Zuccheddu from Nuova Idea's debut and Osage Tribe!!!

Funny I just stoped listening to the new Kingdome Come 5 minutes ago.

Much better than I feared, not as good as I hoped. It's not the 70s anymore so I would say it's worth its price.

Listened to the new Gleemen streaming, nice blues rock but not to much
in a Prog direction going on.

progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 09:01

I have a few Goblin T-Shirts but that is about it from RPI land. Got one at their concert and the others on e-bay.
Let me know what you dig up. Wouldn't mind having an Unreal City shirt. Love La Crudeltà di Aprile's album cover. It's exquisitely evil.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 09:05
Just heared Syndone's new album (and love it).

Pretty cool stuff, typical heavy keys - screaming vocals RPI changing
into nice pearling piano and percussion to brass heavy jazz rock
in a few minutes.

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 09:09
Originally posted by progbethyname progbethyname wrote:

I have a few Goblin T-Shirts but that is about it from RPI land. Got one at their concert and the others on e-bay.
Let me know what you dig up. Wouldn't mind having an Unreal City shirt. Love La Crudeltà di Aprile's album cover. It's exquisitely evil.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 09:32
Wow, thank you, H and guys, so many terrific suggestions! :)

Well, good luck for me, the package arrived, so my Italian additions for this order were:

TAPROBAN - STRIGMA
GIARDINO ONIRICO, IL - COMPLESSO K MMXIII
ATARAXIA - NOSCE TE IPSUM
ATARAXIA - LOST ATLANTIS
THE WATCH - TRACKS FROM THE ALPS
ARCHANGEL - TALES OF LOVE AND BLOOD
DEVIL DOLL - ELIOGABULUS

I think there might be a couple of others, will report back once I've had a chance to play through them a little!

Sagi, I've got the Kingdom Come one on the way too!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 09:35
Guys, after the recent discussion about the second Delirium album, after giving it a listen on the way home tonight, I can say that I think it's a very fine album! It's a mixed bag, for sure, one or two poppy numbers mixed with really daring instrumental works. That longer third track is full of really interesting ideas that they seem a little unsure of how to develop, but to be fair, there's not actually a bad track on the whole disc! I think I've unfairly dismissed it a little to harshly all this time!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 09:48
The GIARDINO ONIRICO and Devil Doll Albums are really great.

The Watch is to much of a Genesis clone for me.

Archangel is hard rock AOR with awfull vocals, not for me.

Wow you are going for classical Neo Folk with ATARAXIA???

I love quite some stuff in this direction, but I can't stand
Francesca Nicoli voice (I like operatic vocals normaly).
Somehow her voice make my teeth hurt

Edited by TheH - April 23 2014 at 09:49
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 09:54
Thank you H for your (brutally?!) honest thoughts!

Yes, I think I've taken a risk on a few of them, so I'll keep an open mind and hope for the best!

Wish me luck!
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2014 at 10:05

Thank you H for your (brutally?!) honest thoughts!

Yes, I think I've taken a risk on a few of them, so I'll keep an open mind and hope for the best!

Wish me luck!

Archangel has Damian Wilson (Threshold and Headspace), Zachary Stevens (ex- Savatage) and Ted Leonard (Enchant, Spock's Beard)as guests on vocals. So not all vocal parts might be awfull (just heared a few samples.

I always take chances and was rewarded many times if it Comes to italian stuff. And everything is a matter of taste, so hopefully you will like it.

Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 06:18
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Just heared Syndone's new album (and love it).

Pretty cool stuff, typical heavy keys - screaming vocals RPI changing
into nice pearling piano and percussion to brass heavy jazz rock
in a few minutes.

WOW!!

Not bad. Not bad at all!!Tongue
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 07:59

Archangel is hard rock AOR with awfull vocals, not for me.

Mate, I spent the last 24 hours playing this album over and over (for better or worse!), and wrote up a sudden review of it:

http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1164601

I think I appreciate the talent of the main composer rather than actually really love the album....
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 12:15
^^

Maybe I heared samples of the first album instead of this one,
I wasn't aware that it was already their second.

Still I think there is much better stuff from Italy. I'm spinning
the first CD from the CAP Book now and really like it so far.

Edited by TheH - April 24 2014 at 12:16
tszirmay View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tszirmay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 13:16

I forgot, got some goodies in today:

CAP Il Teatro delle Ombre (4CD book (and it is a BOOK (ringfolder))
La coscienza di Zeno (debut, bought again 'cause Mini LP with 2 bonus tracks)
Secret Tales - L'Antico regno (just heared this, Celtic Folk with heavy Gothic with italian symphonic, strange but goood)
FEM - Sulla bolla di sapone
Latte Miele Passio secundum Mattheum the Complete Work (redone classic)
Nuovo idea Live anthology (DVD)
Finistere - Memoirs
Syndone - Odysseas

Any comment on those welcome.

Attention RPI team and fans, 
On CAP's Il Teatro delle Ombre 4CD extravaganza, three people were chosen to preface the album and yours truly has written an English intro/dedication.  
I am honored to personally know these lovely Italians, true world-class people! Clap
I never post anything anywhere without doing more than basic research, often in depth.
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2014 at 13:43
L& M : The complete work (first youtube clip)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6xYel9ZplM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 284285286287288 358>