Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2014 at 20:47
True enough Michael, it's nice to know we have a group of old friends all over the globe...hope you are feeling better soon dude!Ying Yang

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2014 at 00:11
Thanks, Jim...still not quite there, but wonderful music serves as a fine distraction!

I just added a review for a recent Picchio dal Pozzo DVD called `Live', a recording of a performance from 2011, and it is a must-buy for lovers of the Italian band and experimental jazz/R.I.O/Canterbury fans! Sheer musican perfection to my ears (and eyes, after all it was a DVD! )

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=45295
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=1167214

I wished they played `Seppia' on it though, that is a seriously messed-up and crazy spacy track on that debut album!

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - April 30 2014 at 00:12
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2014 at 00:17
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

I've had so many bad days of late it was wonderful to see Stefano Testa mention me in this article.  His music is wonderful and I again urge RPI fans to seek it out.  Grazie Stefano!

http://www.insulareport.it/cultura/item/5372-stefano-testa-il-cantautore-che-osserva-il-silenzio-mondo.html#.U2A-Blen-Xt

Wow this is so wonderful Jim, it's a beutiful gratitude.
Andrea Cortese View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2014 at 00:28

I've had so many bad days of late it was wonderful to see Stefano Testa mention me in this article.  His music is wonderful and I again urge RPI fans to seek it out.  Grazie Stefano!http://www.insulareport.it/cultura/item/5372-stefano-testa-il-cantautore-che-osserva-il-silenzio-mondo.html#.U2A-Blen-XtStefano Testa, il cantautore che osserva... il silenzio mondo!

I've read the interview. Stefano Testa is an artist sui generis and a great man. He lives on the top of a mountain with only a dog as a company. How nice words on Jim and this site. Gratifying for sure.
AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2014 at 21:06
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

I've had so many bad days of late it was wonderful to see Stefano Testa mention me in this article.  His music is wonderful and I again urge RPI fans to seek it out.  Grazie Stefano!

http://www.insulareport.it/cultura/item/5372-stefano-testa-il-cantautore-che-osserva-il-silenzio-mondo.html#.U2A-Blen-Xt

Wow this is so wonderful Jim, it's a beutiful gratitude.

That was F-bombing awesome Jim!!ClapClapClap What this site is meant to do and makes me smile!

I had not heard of him until this post, yet another artist in RPI I need to listen to.  I see his first album on Amazon, but oddly did not see his latest.  Plan to start with the first one anyway.

Lucky dog.....

PS - Hope and pray all is well to those in den, had a few struggles lately also, but health is ok.

Edited by AEProgman - April 30 2014 at 21:10
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2014 at 21:39
Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!  Smile

Good to see you Andrea C, I love your avatar!LOL

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2014 at 21:40
Jim I think you could buy Stefano's latest album from Greg Walker or Doug Larson in the States....unless they are sold out.

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 01:39

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!  SmileGood to see you Andrea C, I love your avatar!LOL

yeah, it's the usual Hypgnosis nonsense
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2014 at 02:00
Love your avatar too.

Monkey in cowboy hat riding a duck 8x10 print
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:12
^^^

Hey... that is my t-shirt!!!Big smile

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:16
... mmm, think you probably prefer this theme...

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 12:03
Yes. the first one reminds me this cruel experience : 

AEProgman View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AEProgman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 20:14
^ So thats where that saying came from....LOL
Getting into Ricordi d'infanzia's Lo Uomo this evening...heavy!
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 21:09
Hello there den dwellers!
Any Il Paese del Balocchi fans out there?
Man I am digging Evasione right now
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2014 at 23:51
Thumbs Up Music of the moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVPaxeoDeXw

Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 21:48
Question time guys!

Can you think of any RPI bands that do NOT use keyboards? The RPI group is currently evaluating a band called Lineateorica, who do not use keyboards, and it got me thinking - I'm sure I've encountered this before, but just can't work out which bands!!

Can anyone please suggest some?
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 00:36
I TEOREMI 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw0qBU2A3UA

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 00:47
Not many bands, really.

Now I can only remember Rocky's Filj.

Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 01:34
Michael how can you forget about Procession? Wink

Other than that I think those have no keyboards as well:

Flea
Osage Tribe
Sunscape
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrea Cortese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 01:39
Yeah, Osage Tribe... how could I not remember?

Procession... their 2nd album features mellotron parts by Ettore Vigo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 358>