Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 299300301302303 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 08:02
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Wait, so I'm confused!! Are they going to re-release all those albums on the one day?! And will they be available individually, or is that in a single box set?! I'm thinking a massive version of one of the box-sets with the thin cardboard sleeves!

Please help fellas!

They are definetly offered as single issues, and as far as I know
all at once.

I have no further Information on packaging though (digi or jewel case).
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 08:57
They are jewel case editions and sold a a very reasonable price
(8.99 EUR).
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 09:19
Well shiver me timbers!
That's quite a deal on those albums. I mean, I remember some of those titles being outrageously prized just a little while back.
I do have most of them, although I purchased them used from a guy who was tired of the music from his youth. Madness I say!!!...but I'm glad he sold them to me nevertheless.
I do have my eye on the Reale Accademia Di Musica though. I remember reading a brilliant review from Finn-Jim making me salivate at the time.
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 09:24
^ Oh that's a great record Dave!

And to think just a month ago I got Il Volo's debut for 30$ (LP Smile) now I guess it will be available for a reasonable price again...oh well...
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 09:33
Yeah......but it's vinyl my friend

If they ever decide to release classic RPI albums on vinyl for under 10 euros, I'd have to file for bankruptcy...
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2014 at 09:56
As it Comes to Vinyl alongside the CDs there will be also
those on LP

Fabrizio De Andrè Anime Salve LP
Lucio Battisti Emozioni LP
Claudio Baglioni Questo Piccolo Grande Amore LP
Edoardo Bennato Sono Solo Canzonette LP
Premiata Forneria Marconi Storia Di Un Minuto LP
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 16:29

Wait, so I'm confused!! Are they going to re-release all those albums on the one day?! And will they be available individually, or is that in a single box set?! I'm thinking a massive version of one of the box-sets with the thin cardboard sleeves!

Please help fellas!

Lol I like the idea of thin cardboard sleeves and getting every single album in a nice set.
I would think that would be the case. Has to be. ;)
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2014 at 16:30
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Please help fellas!

They are definetly offered as single issues, and as far as I know
all at once.

I have no further Information on packaging though (digi or jewel case).

Good deal.
Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2014 at 10:53
And on top of that, this just hit the inbox from Lagartija:

"Ottobre" è il primo estratto da "Amore di vinile", il nostro terzo disco che uscirà per Lizard Records e che sarà disponibile in anteprima venerdì sera alle ore 22:00 al Tendenze Festival di Piacenza. A presto novità!-- 
"lacrime inconcluse con la sigaretta, le ultime parole sono quelle non dette" Lagartija (Ricordi?)
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2014 at 11:02
Have you guys caught wind of the new Battiato album?
Luca just posted the news and it looks like the ol boy is getting back to his experimental roots
Holy moly, hot damn, katjing and a lot of other things!!!!!!

- Douglas Adams
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2014 at 12:24
Charming that Lagartija, Todd, really charming. Thumbs Up
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2014 at 16:49
Good to see that the new Lagartija is now closing in,
was waiting for a long time.

I hope the new Albums by Egonon, Gran Turismo Veloce and
La Torre del'Alchimista will follow soon.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2014 at 06:01

1972. More library than RPI, but not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaOyD0zf1dg
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2014 at 22:04
Anybody else been enjoying the latest Syndone album `Odysseas'? Really cool mix of jazz/fusion, lots of interesting percussion sounds, bombastic ELP inspired keyboard domination and one of the most romantic, sweeping vocals I've heard all year!
Todd View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
RPI / Heavy Prog Team

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Todd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 12:43
^ Yeah! I love that one. Easily their best, IMO.
"I have seen the broken sky turn blue."

My Gnosis Ratings

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 12:46
^^
Awesome Album, far better than their earlier ones.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 13:22
Luca Scherani (Höstsonaten,Finistere etc.) has reformed Trama his band from the late 90s.(the band also features La Coscienza di Zeno, Not a good Sign bass Player)

Höstsonaten's The Rime of.. Chapter II is in the work.

Luca will also be on the Periplo album out next week (with Paolo Tixi TdC)

And thanx to ABB for the Review of Locus Amoenus. They somehow escaped me before. Great band!

Edited by TheH - September 17 2014 at 13:26
Rednight View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rednight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2014 at 12:07
No thanks. I only smoke cigars on camping trips.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2014 at 06:03
No problem about the Locus album, H! Todd helped out with that one, so much credit goes to him!

Cool to see the love for the latest Syndone album! I've been really enjoying it, but seeing the positive response some of you guys in here and elsewhere on the Archives had towards it encouraged me to whip up a favourable review!

Oh man, looking at all those 70's RPI reissues about to hit, I can see about 20 I want to snap up! My aching wallet!
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2014 at 22:26
Michael, do you have a link for the entire list of the  CD's at 8.99 euros ? Not very clear on BTF. Thanks. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 299300301302303 358>