Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 304305306307308 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 11:28
Hey Jim

I'm glad you liked that clip. Volo Magico is really something. It fulfils two very important things for me in that quenches both my craving for RPI as well as the never-ending addiction to psychedelic music I haveBig smile 
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 11:32
Awesome avatar David....getting close to the Google lines of modesty?LOL

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 11:37
LOL
I though of that as well (after having switched mind youEmbarrassed), but there are no visible nipples, so I figured it'd be alright until someone throws a fit. 
Juliette Lewis is such a badass, in all the right areas tooHeart
And how can I not have my dream woman as an avatar from time to time? That way I'll always have something beautiful to look atTongue
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 11:50
Oh Juliette was so intoxicating in Woody Allen's "Husbands and Wives".  Have you seen that one David?  You might want a cold shower before you watch it.  And there isn't even any nudity, she's just plain lovely.  There's a better scene than this even, her birthday during the thunderstorm, but that one isn't on YT so this one will sufficeSmile

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 11:59
Sadly no. For some reason I've never gotten around to actually watching a full Woody Allen movie, which is odd seeing as I consider myself quite the movie fanWacko 
My browser is teasing me today though, so I'll have to come back when my computer lets me watch JooToob vidsSmile

I do know where you're coming from regarding the comment on nudity. She has a very sensuous way of....just being really. There's that naughty and anarchistic side to her that taints everything she does with a wee snarl, gives her that edge. She's not really a classic beauty either - it's her wild personality that shines through and ultimately also what attracts this Dane.

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 13:09
You really summed that up perfectly.  Not a classic beauty but a sense of danger and edge to her. 

Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 13:24
Thanks. It also reflects the women I tend to go for in real life. There has to be some fire and brimstone in her tummy for me to be genuinely interested. 

- Douglas Adams
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 13:57
Those two are in love. Wink

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 14:27
Just got the Offical Bootleg DVD of Il Tempio delle Clessidre of their oppening acoustic set
for Latte Miele (along with a nice note by Elisa (and her privat address on the envelope Wink)

Short but awesome set for only 5 EUR.

aapatsos View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aapatsos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 14:59
I very seldom visit this place but let me share my love for RANDONE's latest album Ultreia. Nicola Randone has been inspired by Camino de Santiago and this is really an impressive outcome with symphonic elements and some heavy injections here and there.
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 17:59
Originally posted by Finnforest Finnforest wrote:

Oh Juliette was so intoxicating in Woody Allen's "Husbands and Wives".  Have you seen that one David?  You might want a cold shower before you watch it.  And there isn't even any nudity, she's just plain lovely.  There's a better scene than this even, her birthday during the thunderstorm, but that one isn't on YT so this one will sufficeSmile

Oh Jim, I haven't seen her in that film in YEARS, and I was always so impressed with her in that as well. I'll let you know, my first girlfriend Renee was the spitting image of Juliette, so everytime I see her I think back to those exciting days.

Heh, love her in `Christmas Vacation' as well

Dave, thanks about the Aktuala review! I bought the reissues of their three albums on CD about a year ago, and now that I've enjoyed and appreciated the first one, I'll move on to the second one.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 18:02
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Just got the Offical Bootleg DVD of Il Tempio delle Clessidre of their oppening acoustic set
for Latte Miele (along with a nice note by Elisa (and her privat address on the envelope Wink)

Where did you buy the video from, H? Just checked their website and can't find much on it. I've got that proper live DVD ready to go in an order from Syn-Phonic in a couple of weeks. Damn that's a fine picture of the keyboard layer on the opening page of their website!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 18:07
Pierre is right, we're all in love with Juliette!  LOL

Heart

It's OK, RPI and lovely women go well together, no?

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 25 2014 at 18:27
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Where did you buy the video from, H? Just checked their website and can't find much on it. I've got that proper live DVD ready to go in an order from Syn-Phonic in a couple of weeks. Damn that's a fine picture of the keyboard layer on the opening page of their website!

Just send an Email to: [email protected]
Elisa will then tell you what to to.

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 10:44
The first two Albums of "IL FAUNO DI MARMO" still recorded under the name "The Rebus"
 (they caused some confusion here) are going to be rereleased as a 2CD.

I have the first and would recommend it. A good thing for me as I never
managed to get hold of the second one “Acroterius”.
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2014 at 18:53
H, both are great albums, the band gave me access to review them when I was adding them to the site. If I recall (it's been a little while now!) the first was stronger, but both were very fine albums! I plan on snapping up that double CD as well, can't wait! In fact, when they told me earlier in the year that those albums were going to get a re-release, I thought `End of the year?! That's ages away!'....and now here we are!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 29 2014 at 09:43
Been listening to these two quality albums tonight at work:

I Raminghi - Il Lunga Camino dei Raminghi

New Trolls - Concerto Grosso - I find the orchestral arrangements quite stirring, mixed nicely with a killer guitar sound! Shame about the English vocals, but I still find it a nice album.

Hmmmm, are those links working for anyone, all I see is a black box!

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - October 29 2014 at 09:44
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2014 at 11:41
Cool and groovy space-music chill-out perfection?

Sensations' Fix - Music is Painting in the Air (compilation)

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=39563

The perfect introduction and a terrific overview of their music

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - October 30 2014 at 11:42
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2014 at 12:32
Michael I recall reading a few unfavorable reviews for I Raminghi, are you recommending it?
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2014 at 12:52
Sagi, I Raminghi is really cool, but a mix of 60's rock, R&B and psych probably more than proper Italian prog, but it's a cool album. I could possibly think of abotu a hundred Italian albums to get before it, though! But the Mini LP comes with a bonus live album that sounds quite different.

I don't know, I'm strangely drawn back to that album a lot, even though it's not particularly important.

Geez, don't anyone hire me to promote the band!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 304305306307308 358>