Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 310311312313314 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2015 at 07:45
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2015 at 08:47
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2015 at 10:02

Happy new year boys.   Good to see you Pierre!

progbethyname View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote progbethyname Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2015 at 10:43
Thank you amazing RPI denizens!!
Happy new year to all of you.

I raise a glass of Vino for you all.

Gimmie my headphones now!!! 🎧🤣
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 06:44
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Thoughts on this one?

Nuova Idea - In The Beginning

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=2150

I'll be honest, it's my favourite Nuova Idea album, and yes, that includes `Clowns'! I find the mix of harder psychedelic rock and dreamy group harmonies really special! What a lovely little album!
Sorry for the late reply Michael, I was really glad you've shed some light on this early Italian album.
I came to this album becuase of ace guitarist Marco Zoccheddu known from Osage Tribe, although he doesn't bite you like on that album he is still quite good, I love all those hard rock moments!
Honestly I can't say I like it more than Clowns or even Mr. E. Jones but yeah it's a nice little album, if I remember correctly there's a slight 60's vibe to it here and there. Anyway you've inspired me to dig it out now!
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 07:10
Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Thoughts on this one?

I'll be honest, it's my favourite Nuova Idea album, and yes, that includes `Clowns'! I find the mix of harder psychedelic rock and dreamy group harmonies really special! What a lovely little album!

Sorry for the late reply Michael, I was really glad you've shed some light on this early Italian album.
I came to this album becuase of ace guitarist <span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal;">Marco Zoccheddu known from Osage Tribe, although he doesn't bite you like on that album he is still quite good, I love all those hard rock moments!</span>
[COLOR=#333333" face="Arial, sans-serif]<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: normal;]Honestly I can't say I like it more than Clowns or even Mr. E. Jones but yeah it's a nice little album, if I remember correctly there's a slight 60's vibe to it here and there. Anyway you've inspired me to dig it out now!</span>[/COLOR]

No problem at all, my friend! I hope you had a nice Christmas and New Year with your family!

I think this album is becoming like the first Delirium album to me, Sagi! They made stronger albums, but this is my personal favourite! I find it's nice harmonies with wilder vocal outbursts cool, there's lots of noise and psychedelic energy balanced with warm acoustic passages...I can't stop playing it every day lately!

I've got all their three CD's, I'm slowly moving on more to `Mr E Jones'...Jim and I were talking about this one briefly the other day, so I'm committing to give it plenty more listens!

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - January 04 2015 at 07:11
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 07:24

Originally posted by Sagichim Sagichim wrote:

Thoughts on this one?

I came to this album becuase of ace guitarist <span style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: normal;">Marco Zoccheddu known from Osage Tribe, although he doesn't bite you like on that album he is still quite good, I love all those hard rock moments!</span>
[COLOR=#333333" face="Arial, sans-serif]<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: normal;]Honestly I can't say I like it more than Clowns or even Mr. E. Jones but yeah it's a nice little album, if I remember correctly there's a slight 60's vibe to it here and there. Anyway you've inspired me to dig it out now!</span>[/COLOR]

No problem at all, my friend! I hope you had a nice Christmas and New Year with your family!

I think this album is becoming like the first Delirium album to me, Sagi! They made stronger albums, but this is my personal favourite! I find it's nice harmonies with wilder vocal outbursts cool, there's lots of noise and psychedelic energy balanced with warm acoustic passages...I can't stop playing it every day lately!

I've got all their three CD's, I'm slowly moving on more to `Mr E Jones'...Jim and I were talking about this one briefly the other day, so I'm committing to give it plenty more listens!
That's excellent ma man, there's plenty to enjoy on Mr. E. Jones for sure, I'm sure you'll dig it eventually.

And yeah I hoped you've enjoyed your holiday too! Here it's a little different, no one has a christmas tree or anything like that (except christians of course) but it's a great excuse for partying all night and the clubs for charging you twice the money Smile
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 11:41
Listennig to that one right now. Great ! Heart

Paolo Angeli - L'Angelo Sui Trapezio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-Pk0KJe7GI
Sagichim View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sagichim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 12:03
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

Paolo Angeli - L'Angelo Sui Trapezio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-Pk0KJe7GI
Wow great stuff your duckness!!
I've just checked out some videos, this guy is incredible, he is quite a one man band without overdubbing. I never saw anyone plays that way...
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2015 at 12:28
True Sag. These italians are crazy.  I love that cover of Bjork.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I3Wk1DGxbw
Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2015 at 05:07
While checking the Italian news a while ago, I came across the sad news of the passing of one our greatest contemporary artists, Pino Daniele. A heart attack took him away from us just two months before his 60th birthday. Like many artists of his generation, he did have prog connections, as in 1978 he played bass in Napoli Centrale, and later collaborated with some international musicians who are listed here on PA. in any case, his music is well worth checking out, even if it's not prog. Here's some info in English for all of you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pino_Daniele
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2015 at 05:41
Sad News Cry. RIP Pino. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVB8DY5X0fc&index=9&list=PLE585DFBE845F3191
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2015 at 07:53
Gerinski View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2015 at 09:21
Not sure of this has been posted already, Gianni Leone playing YS in 2007

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2015 at 13:28
Originally posted by hellogoodbye hellogoodbye wrote:

andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2015 at 11:39
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2015 at 06:29
Thumbs Up Andrea. 
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2015 at 18:25
Gerard.....I have that DVD, it's awesome!   Big smile

logosprog View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logosprog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 14 2015 at 10:41
GREAT NEWS: Logos L'enigma della vita double vinyl with gatefold available!

LogoS - P(2014) - http://www.logosprog.it/
http://store.logosprog.it/, 
http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/Logos2  (soon)
http://www.pickuprecords.it/ or ask for it to your favorite store/seller ;)

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2015 at 11:42
ERRATA CORRIGE will release "Sigfried il Drago e altre Storie" in a new recorded version as a CD/DVD on Black Widow records. 

Braen's Machine - QUATRA PAGINA another reissue out now

Edited by TheH - January 17 2015 at 11:44
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 310311312313314 358>