Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 311312313314315 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2015 at 15:13
Somebody has already heard this one ? A double live album.

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2015 at 06:09
^^

Haven't heard this one yet. I always believed it to be a studio compilation.

Are you sure it's a live record? Then it would need to have it.
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2015 at 07:28
Yes, it's a live from 1976 to 1981. BTF. 
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2015 at 10:02
^^

Thanks, went straight to the shoping list..
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2015 at 11:41
I was able to listen to the first record. Music is geat, but the sound could have been better. Good but not very good. 
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2015 at 12:04
I have a couple of albums from the 70s and I would like some clarification, if possible.

YS - Il Balletto Di Bronzo
YS - Madame La Frontiere

I found the first album on the site but could not find anything on the second (album? / band?).
(I hope your answers don't make me sound two stoopid.)
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2015 at 02:45
Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

I have a couple of albums from the 70s and I would like some clarification, if possible.

YS - Madame La Frontiere

I found the first album on the site but could not find anything on the second (album? / band?).

No conection whatever. Il Balletto Di Bronzo are of course Italian, YS on the other Hand are
a French band rather in a Folk - Fusion style which might be the reason they are not here.

The most interresting thing about the YS Album is a guest apperance by Gabriel Yacoub from Malicorne.
YS style is also rather close to that of Malicorne, and some of the instrumentals have a little Prog touches.

The Album YS by Il Balletto Di Bronzo is of course one of the best RPI Albums ever and a true classic.
They are still active but the only original member is the Vocalist/Keyboardist.

The French YS arte gone with the wind.

Edited by TheH - January 23 2015 at 03:11
TeleStrat View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeleStrat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2015 at 06:34
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Originally posted by TeleStrat TeleStrat wrote:

YS - Madame La Frontiere

No conection whatever. Il Balletto Di Bronzo are of course Italian, YS on the other Hand are
a French band rather in a Folk - Fusion style which might be the reason they are not here.

The most interresting thing about the YS Album is a guest apperance by Gabriel Yacoub from Malicorne.
YS style is also rather close to that of Malicorne, and some of the instrumentals have a little Prog touches.

The Album YS by Il Balletto Di Bronzo is of course one of the best RPI Albums ever and a true classic.
They are still active but the only original member is the Vocalist/Keyboardist.

The French YS arte gone with the wind.
Thank you for the clarification. I bought a lot of imports back then (mostly Italian and German bands) and there was not a lot of information available about anything except the mainstream bands. 
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2015 at 07:29
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2015 at 14:46
^^

I really like Il Fauno di Marmo (The Rebus).

Also thank you Andrea for informing me about Ophicina. I just got their Album and it is
really great.

By the way: Alphataurus have started working on a new Album, which will again contain some material
based on unreleased stuff from the 70s

Edited by TheH - January 23 2015 at 14:47
Finnforest View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finnforest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2015 at 00:00
dvd......looks interesting

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2015 at 09:41
Another band (like Calibro 35) recreating the Sound of 70s italian Soundtracks/Libary

La Batteria (Funky Prog etc.)

a more pastoral tune, very nice

Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2015 at 11:42
Thumbs Up The second tune is very nice.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 11:55
Mosaico, another new band. Love their Album Vola.

M27Barney View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M27Barney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 11:57
Does anybody know of how I can get my hands on a copy of Moongarden's "The gates of Omega" - original 2 disc version and not the new re-mastered one which I have?
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 12:15
Originally posted by TheH TheH wrote:

Mosaico, another new band. Love their Album Vola.

Nice find! Here you can listen to the complete album:
https://mosaico1.bandcamp.com/releases
VOTOMS View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOTOMS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 12:27
I have an italian friend (38 years) and I asked him about RPI. He already knows PFM and Banco, specially Celebration, he said it was very popular there. His father used to play guitar in a prog rock band back in the 70s, but he doesn't remember the band's name, but he said his father stop playing with the guys after an album release. I wonder which band he was talking about...

Oh, he said his favorite italian rock band is called Nomadi. Never heard of em before.

Edited by VOTOMS - January 29 2015 at 12:28
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 13:20
Usually I Nomadi are not consiered a prog band, despite some very good stuff...

TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 16:05
Originally posted by VOTOMS VOTOMS wrote:

I have an italian friend (38 years) and I asked him about RPI. He already knows PFM and Banco, specially Celebration, he said it was very popular there. His father used to play guitar in a prog rock band back in the 70s, but he doesn't remember the band's name, but he said his father stop playing with the guys after an album release. I wonder which band he was talking about...

Oh, he said his favorite italian rock band is called Nomadi. Never heard of em before.

That should be really easy to find out if you know your friends Family Name.
The 70s prog Scene is rather well documented in the Net.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 29 2015 at 16:07
Originally posted by Andrea Andrea wrote:

Nice find! Here you can listen to the complete album:
https://mosaico1.bandcamp.com/releases

Thanks for the link, streamed most of the tracks on YT.

CD is already ordered and will arrive soon I hope.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 311312313314315 358>