Forum Home Forum Home > Progressive Music Lounges > Prog Bands, Artists and Genres Appreciation
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Italian Prog Appreciation den

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 314315316317318 358>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
geekfreak View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geekfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 02:40
well I`ve been on an epic amazing listening pleasure of Italian Prog. why oh why not sooner............Clap 
Friedrich Nietzsche: "Without music, life would be a mistake."

Music Is Live

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed.

Keep Calm And Listen To The Music…
<
andrea View Drop Down
Prog Reviewer
Prog Reviewer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 11:38
Il Mucchio come back:

Raff View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 12:35
Breaking news: Franco Mussida has left PFM because he's too busy with his activity of musical researcher and president of CPM Music Institute. The split seems to have been 100% amicable, but still he will be missed. I was lucky to see him with PFM at NEARfest 2009, when they delivered an absolutely stellar performance.
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 12:40
Originally posted by Raff Raff wrote:

Breaking news: Franco Mussida has left PFM because he's too busy with his activity of musical researcher and president of CPM Music Institute. The split seems to have been 100% amicable, but still he will be missed. I was lucky to see him with PFM at NEARfest 2009, when they delivered an absolutely stellar performance.

That makes me kind of sad....
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2015 at 12:42
Originally posted by andrea andrea wrote:

Il Mucchio come back:

Cool, Keep them coming..

Comeback by Baffo Banfi

Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 04:48
[QUOTE=Aussie-Byrd-Brother]OK, does anybody else just adore this album as much as I do?

Played this band on SPACE PIRATE RADIO.  Loved it.  Both albums.  I commend your good taste.

Edited by Guy Guden - March 18 2015 at 04:51
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 04:54
Has everybody heard that Franco Falsini and Sensations' Fix are playing the US again in April?
Aussie-Byrd-Brother View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 05:28
Originally posted by Guy Guden Guy Guden wrote:

[QUOTE=Aussie-Byrd-Brother]OK, does anybody else just adore this album as much as I do?

Played this band on SPACE PIRATE RADIO.  Loved it.  Both albums.  I commend your good taste.

Sadly, Mr Guden, I can only take half that praise! While that first album is very precious to me, I have great difficulty liking the second one! That wailing female vocal really gets under my skin! However, clearly I'm the one with the issues, because everyone else in here seems to love it!

Lucky you getting to see Sensations' Fix and Mr Falsini! My name in here isn't purely for show - I literally am in Australia, which is hardly the hub of prog (Italian or otherwise!) appreciation!

Edited by Aussie-Byrd-Brother - March 18 2015 at 05:28
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2015 at 08:20
New Banco studio Album in the making. (called Orlando)

Band says that they have about 3 hours of recorded material and 4 opera acts (whatever that means)

Edited by TheH - March 18 2015 at 08:20
Guy Guden View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guy Guden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2015 at 04:42
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

Originally posted by Guy Guden Guy Guden wrote:

Sadly, Mr Guden, I can only take half that praise! While that first album is very precious to me, I have great difficulty liking the second one! That wailing female vocal really gets under my skin! However, clearly I'm the one with the issues, because everyone else in here seems to love it!

Lucky you getting to see Sensations' Fix and Mr Falsini! My name in here isn't purely for show - I literally am in Australia, which is hardly the hub of prog (Italian or otherwise!) appreciation!

Please my friend, you deserve full credit.  I understand your preference of the first album over the second.  What I need to share is the luxury of having had a radio show:  One can pick and choose.  Taking this song from here... and mixing it with this one from there.  I have many, many, many albums by artists that are hard to listen in their entirety.  But if selections are made and segues created, some marvelous musical moments are created. 

Franco's concerts were quickly put together and alas, clash in previous scheduling of Magma.  This will probably be the second time in a year span that I will be unable to attend.  So Cry I share.

My best to you in Australia. 
TheH View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2015 at 13:49
Presence just finished to record a new Album (never thaught of that to happen given Baccinis solo efforts)
(I hope this one will be stronger than "Evil Rose" their overall weakest Album)

L 'Estate di San Martino will have a new album to celebrate their 40th anniversary.
infernalfrog View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote infernalfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2015 at 20:56
Does anybody has the lyrics to the new La Coscienza di Zeno album?
I would love to know the lyrics, but i don't understand italian just listening =/
Please, forgive my spelling and concordance mistakes. English noob here.
Guldbamsen View Drop Down
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 07:24
Why have I had this album lying around for nigh on 4 years without ever really paying attention to it?Confused
Well I sure am now!! Been listening to it almost incessantly for the last couple of weeks (together with Capitolo 6's Frutti per Kagua but I guess I've proclaimed my love of this album before in this thread). 
For an easy sonic reference, I'd say Italy's own Procession mixed up with a bit of ELP bombast in the keys, even if Poa have their own sound. The front singer has an absolutely gorgeous voice - goosebumps city for sure!

“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 07:29
You know, Dave, it's one of my secret shames as well...I never seem to remember to dig it off my shelf!

I'm at work right now, otherwise I would do so! Still, I'm going to scan my Ipod and listen to a bunch of neglected Italian favourties again tonight!

I mentioned on the `What Album Did You Listen To Today?' thread the other day that I just got a new CD to replace my ratty awful copy of the first Alphataurus album, and I forget how good that one was as well...it had been years since I'd played it, and I used to play it all the time!
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 07:38
Originally posted by Aussie-Byrd-Brother Aussie-Byrd-Brother wrote:

You know, Dave, it's one of my secret shames as well...I never seem to remember to dig it off my shelf!

I'm at work right now, otherwise I would do so! Still, I'm going to scan my Ipod and listen to a bunch of neglected Italian favourties again tonight!

I mentioned on the `What Album Did You Listen To Today?' thread the other day that I just got a new CD to replace my ratty awful copy of the first Alphataurus album, and I forget how good that one was as well...it had been years since I'd played it, and I used to play it all the time!

Let's make a pact then to remember to check out old forgotten RPI albums from our respective collectionsBig smile 

I've been thinking about this the last couple of days and actually have a small list:

Blue Phantom - Distortions (Maybe more of a psychedelic "library" album but what the hey)
Campo di Marte - s/t
De De Lind - Io non so.....
J.E.T. - Fede, Speranza, Carita
Maad - s/t

and a couple of newer releases which I, for some reason, have overlooked completely:

Il Bacio della Medusa - Deus Lo Vult
Egonon - Risveglio

Oh and that Alphataurus debut is simply stunning my friendClap I'll add it to the list - good pick! 

Edited by Guldbamsen - April 03 2015 at 07:39
“The Guide says there is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.”

- Douglas Adams
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Honorary Collaborator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie-Byrd-Brother Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 07:48
Yep, I've selected the following myself, my friend!

Gianni D’Errico – Antico Teatro da Camera
Festa Mobile – Diario di Viaggio...
Cervello - Melos
Franco Fansini – Cold Nose

and some newer ones:

Distillerie di Malto – Suono!
Quarto Vuoto – s/t
Special Collaborator
Special Collaborator
Retired Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guldbamsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 07:51
Well you've got one of absolute fave Italian albums included there in Cervello's MelosHeart The cold nose ain't too shabby either! 
I remember reading something about that Suono! album - I may have to check it out at some point.

Oh I almost forgot; I'm definitely adding Rocky's Filj to my list as well. It's been a while since I last span that.

- Douglas Adams
Kati View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 07:54
Born in Greece but studied in Italy and this is most magnificent Heart     <                

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7BhknhnUPQ

Edited by Kati - April 03 2015 at 07:54
hellogoodbye View Drop Down
Forum Senior Member
Forum Senior Member
VIP member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hellogoodbye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 09:56
CERVELLO FOREVER Heart

Lafayette Assburn View Drop Down
Forum Groupie
Forum Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lafayette Assburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2015 at 10:32
Wots Quarto Vuoto?

Can you describe?  Organ?

How come you cannot cut and past  words here???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 314315316317318 358>